CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

got pulled over today :D

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-09, 05:58 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got pulled over today :D

was driving home (live in rowland heights) and i stopped at a light waiting to make a left turn, right across from me there was a cop car with 2 guys inside waiting to make a right turn (were going opposite ways) were at the light waiting for a good minute and all they do is stare at me. (3k drls!!!) light turns green i make a left, they make an illegal turn and get right behind me and pull me over . they did the usual drivers license insurance all that crap.
then they told me " theirs so many things wrong with your car, i dont know where to begin, effed up headlights, no front plate, too low, too loud! they asked if i had an intake and i simply said "idk". they went to their car ran my drivers license through their computer, they came back 2-3 minutes later and told me to go home

boy was i glad..

curious cops also asked me how much i got my is350 for and if i bought the vehicle the way it was since im still in high school. i told them i did ( which was a lie). i told them all these parts came with the car and i hadnt modified it one bit!

this ever happen to anyone else?

cops have nothing better to do?
Old 09-10-09, 06:07 PM
joeker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they're just trying to find excuses to look up your record or check for anything in their immediate plain view in order to search your car.. i got pulled over about half a year ago in my 2GS by a cop going the opposite direction.. he made an illegal U turn to pull me over.. of course my car was black, tinted, lowered, and had visors.. he pulled me over and asked if i knew why i was pulled over.. i said no.. he said that my front plate wasn't on.. i just told him that i just detailed my car and forgot to put the plate back on(which was total BS).. after doing a visual scan of the area of my immediate control, he proceeded to run my record.. after he came up short he threw my license in my lap and told me to just go
Old 09-10-09, 06:16 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by joeker
they're just trying to find excuses to look up your record or check for anything in their immediate plain view in order to search your car.. i got pulled over about half a year ago in my 2GS by a cop going the opposite direction.. he made an illegal U turn to pull me over.. of course my car was black, tinted, lowered, and had visors.. he pulled me over and asked if i knew why i was pulled over.. i said no.. he said that my front plate wasn't on.. i just told him that i just detailed my car and forgot to put the plate back on(which was total BS).. after doing a visual scan of the area of my immediate control, he proceeded to run my record.. after he came up short he threw my license in my lap and told me to just go
yep i agree. they asked me if i had anything illegal in the vehicle/etc and i said no feel free to check me. they made me keep my hands on the steering wheel the whole time.. this is the 3rd time this has happened to me.
they once put me in the backseat of their car and searched my vehicle...
Old 09-10-09, 06:30 PM
bigguppy
Instructor

Originally Posted by TokerIS350
yep i agree. they asked me if i had anything illegal in the vehicle/etc and i said no feel free to check me. they made me keep my hands on the steering wheel the whole time.. this is the 3rd time this has happened to me.
they once put me in the backseat of their car and searched my vehicle...
By law they have no right to search your car. If they ask you can say no. You only get yourself in more trouble by saying yes and knowing you got something under the hood. And with car search for some if they want to rip out a door panel or trash your car that is too bad. They are not going to put things back or responsible for damges. Once you say "yes" that is it. Probily why you got put in the back.

Cops can only keep you around for 15min so in most case after a background check of your licen and they get nothing. What they want to say is "get lost punk"
Old 09-10-09, 11:05 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigguppy
By law they have no right to search your car. If they ask you can say no. You only get yourself in more trouble by saying yes and knowing you got something under the hood. And with car search for some if they want to rip out a door panel or trash your car that is too bad. They are not going to put things back or responsible for damges. Once you say "yes" that is it. Probily why you got put in the back.

Cops can only keep you around for 15min so in most case after a background check of your licen and they get nothing. What they want to say is "get lost punk"
If you have obvious violations such as tint, no front plate etc, then I think I would best to comply and play dumb i.e. oh I forgot to put on my front plate after detailing.

Don't expect any leniency if you don't comply.

If you don't have any contraband in the vehicle, then you should not worry too much
Old 09-10-09, 11:17 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

If you in compliance and got nothing to hide don't worry... listening to this advise while on paper is sound will lead you into more headaches than a simple fix it ticket... If you refuse they can pretty much make up any excuse as probable cause and make you sit there and wait till they get a search warrant which can take up time... there is no 15 minute rule.... as you refused to comply....Regardless of your background if the cop wants to harass you he will do so and you trying to go against his wishes is gonna make him waste more of your time
Old 09-10-09, 11:33 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TokerIS350
cops have nothing better to do?
if you were in rowland hts, it was probably a sheriff (possibly CHP) unit and they are just doing their job. nothing better to do? well, seeing a high school student in a $40k+ car AND mod'd...that's sounds like suffice cause for a routine traffic stop. also, if there were 2 officers, maybe one is on probation and the other is his TO.

anyway, glad to hear they let you go w/minimal hassle
Old 09-10-09, 11:55 PM
AceM3
Driver

Wow I Work By there and drive throught there every day!!

Glad they let you go, Ive been Pulled over in front of the Krispy Cream Donuts

2 Wednesdays In A row, By the Same Officer. 2nd time He just laughed and told me

Go home Kid... LOL good times
Old 09-11-09, 12:18 AM
Evonam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cbrasian
If you in compliance and got nothing to hide don't worry... listening to this advise while on paper is sound will lead you into more headaches than a simple fix it ticket... If you refuse they can pretty much make up any excuse as probable cause and make you sit there and wait till they get a search warrant which can take up time... there is no 15 minute rule.... as you refused to comply....Regardless of your background if the cop wants to harass you he will do so and you trying to go against his wishes is gonna make him waste more of your time
Smart man... listen to this advice... I know... I'm a cop =)
Old 09-11-09, 12:23 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Evonam
I have a friend who is about to graduate from academy, and he is stoked!

How long have you been in the force?
Old 09-11-09, 01:11 AM
joeker
Racer

Originally Posted by Evonam
Big Brother is watching..
Old 09-11-09, 01:24 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Tell that to the last cop that pulled my friend over and since Im on probation (riding shotgun) and forgot my wallet and didnt have a california ID but had a school id with a picture I spent an hour and a half hand cuffed and stuffed in the back of a cop car in front of the busiest 7-11 I have EVER seen

edit: we got pulled over for modified exhaust

Last edited by windex; 09-11-09 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-11-09, 05:03 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

All I'm hearing is, "Poor me" from some of you guys. Maybe if you didn't have yellow lights on or 8k HID kits with a loud asz muffler you won't get messed with.

You gotta be smart about your mods. All that show and go stuff people think are cool do nothing more than attract the man. Most of it does nothin for performance either.

I say that if you want to get all" modded" than deal with the the T stops and tickets you may get for it. That's part of the game. But don't cry about it when you get jammed up for it either.
Old 09-11-09, 09:30 AM
NoHoIS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by unit74
All I'm hearing is, "Poor me" from some of you guys. Maybe if you didn't have yellow lights on or 8k HID kits with a loud asz muffler you won't get messed with.

You gotta be smart about your mods. All that show and go stuff people think are cool do nothing more than attract the man. Most of it does nothin for performance either.

I say that if you want to get all" modded" than deal with the the T stops and tickets you may get for it. That's part of the game. But don't cry about it when you get jammed up for it either.
I guess i have mixed emotions about this, yes modded cars do attract more attention, no more than 5 days after i put my wheels on & coils i got a fix it ticket for my tint..But when it was stock i past cops all the time never bothered me..Yes it does give them a reason to check us, but why can't we just do stuff to our cars & not be bothered if we aren't doing anything against the law then leave us alone...I see way more stupid people everyday in stock cars breaking all kinds of laws but hey they are stock so ahhhh we will let them slide...Got mods well we are just gonna pull you over cuz you must be bad...I havn't gotten a ticket in 20yrs...& the ones i did get were in NY when i was growing up...Now all us Cali guys just be thankful you don't live in upstate NY(Anything north of yonkers NY) you think cops are bad here, dude you would be pulled over everyday there...Inspection on cars IS WAY MORE TUFF....single light out, pulled over, license plate light out,pulled over,crack in a light, pulled over any little thing they see your getting pulled over...Since i have been in Cali i laugh cuz if i were in NY i would have been pulled over everyday & twice on sunday..
Old 09-11-09, 02:11 PM
vinsin31
Rookie

i dont get it, how did they make an illegal turn?

01 is300 tanabe, tokicos

Quick Reply: got pulled over today :D