CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

lexus advisors

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-09, 10:35 AM
isam250
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
Default lexus advisors

any one on the forum really cool with lexus services advisors? i broke me ac vent cabin door and i went to lexus of glendale and they wouldnt cover it. then i went to crown and they would of fixed it, but it said glendale of lexus already denied it. can any one help me? or knows and advisor that would warrenty it
Old 09-24-09, 10:41 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Since one dealer already denied it, it's already in your permanent service history with Lexus dealers nationwide. There's no way around it.
Old 09-24-09, 11:00 AM
SD.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to lexus of westminster's service center, talk to richard im. tell him anthony with the black is250 recommended you and see if he can help you out. richards a great guy
Old 09-24-09, 11:37 AM
isam250
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Since one dealer already denied it, it's already in your permanent service history with Lexus dealers nationwide. There's no way around it.
thats what i was thinking, stupid glendale. every one else that had the same problem got their car fixed at other lexus.
Old 09-24-09, 12:19 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex v2.5.0
go to lexus of westminster's service center, talk to richard im. tell him anthony with the black is250 recommended you and see if he can help you out. richards a great guy
Originally Posted by isam250
thats what i was thinking, stupid glendale. every one else that had the same problem got their car fixed at other lexus.
great and all, but you must've missed flipside909's post.

i don't think it's a reflection upon an authorized service center's policy to reject warranty repairs, but rather their interpretation of the factory warranty - and what is and is not covered, which in turn affects whether they choose to perform warranty repairs or not.

imo, had you been cognizant of what the factory warranty covers, you probably might not have been brave enough to do whatever it is that you were doing to break the "ac vent cabin door."

regardless, hope you get it taken care of. you can also ask for charlie sarno @ lexus of westminster. very cool service advisor, though i have no guarantees as to whether he can take care of your issue or not.
Old 09-24-09, 04:23 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

It's an outside influence. The door didn't break itself so how could it be a factory defect? That's like asking for coverage on a nail/puncture in your tire that caused you to get a flat and ruin a tire. Outside influence. 'Fortunately, Lexus has this national database for denied claims I wish they did it here at Mercedes-Benz where I work. The only way you can get that covered is if you have a brilliant service history with your car, as in routine services performed, recommended services and all that. THEN there are exceptions for getting things covered under warranty such as a goodwill gesture or whatnot.

Sometimes there are warranty claims that ANY dealership won't be able to perform because when that specific part gets submitted back for factory inspection and gets denied from THEM, then it's going to be an expense out of the dealership because they made the decision to warranty the part. Good luck on finding a nice enough service advisor though..more power to ya if you do so.
Old 09-24-09, 04:27 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hate the term "outside influence" that screwed me outta so much with my truck. i took it in the dirt cause it was "TRD OFFROAD" and they wont fix things.WACK... i hope this work out man.
Old 09-24-09, 04:30 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
I think every dealer is independent and would not know the work other dealers made to your car.... I had a fight with them one time because of warranty issue (different car, not lexus) and asked the service advisor if other dealer will have my record on their system and they said no. The only advice he gave me was to get a report of all the work done at that dealer and take it to another dealer if I need to.
Old 09-24-09, 04:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by masagsxr
I think every dealer is independent and would not know the work other dealers made to your car.... I had a fight with them one time because of warranty issue (different car, not lexus) and asked the service advisor if other dealer will have my record on their system and they said no. The only advice he gave me was to get a report of all the work done at that dealer and take it to another dealer if I need to.
then that's another dealership. lexus dealership service network is linked nationwide
Old 09-24-09, 04:53 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

I suppose... My experience was with Nissan... Yeah, I went to Nissan "dealership" not no mom/pops nissan/toyota/lexus dealer or whatever. So I know for a fact that Nissan's system is not linked.
Old 09-24-09, 08:23 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by masagsxr
Incorrect. Rominl is right. Your Lexus VIN is stored in a nationwide database that is accessible at any Lexus service dept.They can see your service history from "In Service Date" "TSIB/Recalls Performed", Warranty work and etc and loaner usage and etc.

Check it out: http://drivers.lexus.com

You can find access service records for your Lexus.
Old 09-24-09, 11:07 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
It's an outside influence. The door didn't break itself so how could it be a factory defect? That's like asking for coverage on a nail/puncture in your tire that caused you to get a flat and ruin a tire. Outside influence.
you do know that there are tire companies that warranty that off that type of coverage right? If you get a flat and its non repairable it can be covered by a warranty that will replace it, and if it is repairable they will do so at no charge...
just a little fyi... but on a more serious note reading fine print is important and if your not sure whats covered by warranty and what isn't you should ask first before you take it into dealer. As there is a person who goes to inspect warranty claims and says yay or nay on the work...and documents it once its documented thats it.... no ifs ands or buts

Last edited by cbrasian; 09-24-09 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-25-09, 09:06 AM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, I'm quite aware of these tire warranty policies as well and even THEY have fine print. when I have customers that show me proof of coverage for road hazard claims I can't help them 99% of the time if the damage to the tire has not affected the tires ability to seal air. A bubble in the sidewall, tears, cosmetics, nail/foreign object punctures and all that aren't enough to get the tire replaced and even then the tire has to be above a certain tread depth. If they're a good enough client to me I'll tell the insurance company that there is a puncture in the sidewall just to get it covered for them, if not then there is nothing I can do..
Old 09-25-09, 09:36 AM
SD.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by projectdna
great and all, but you must've missed flipside909's post.

i don't think it's a reflection upon an authorized service center's policy to reject warranty repairs, but rather their interpretation of the factory warranty - and what is and is not covered, which in turn affects whether they choose to perform warranty repairs or not.

imo, had you been cognizant of what the factory warranty covers, you probably might not have been brave enough to do whatever it is that you were doing to break the "ac vent cabin door."

regardless, hope you get it taken care of. you can also ask for charlie sarno @ lexus of westminster. very cool service advisor, though i have no guarantees as to whether he can take care of your issue or not.
I read and fully understood. Nonetheless go see Richard and see if he can help. Hes a forum member and understands our situations and needs, he'll try his best to help you, hes helped me countless times