CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

9/27/09 "The Pursuit" Presented by Longo Lexus RETROSPECT

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-09, 10:04 PM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow this was looked to be a great event. Great photos...maybe i can make it to the next one
Old 09-28-09, 10:24 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
oh yeah, windex, you dont need to remove it, disconnecting the endlinks (bottom portion obviously) or removing them should be more than enough \

keep the pics coming guys!
hey dont give windex tips! i gotta beat him someday. hahaha anyone got more pics...?
Old 09-28-09, 10:25 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AM1
hey dont give windex tips! i gotta beat him someday. hahaha anyone got more pics...?
Dont worry jeff Ill run you all motor 1 day!!!
Old 09-28-09, 10:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am still slowing recovering (i am old...) but what a great event. thank you to all the staff especially james, ryan, and javy for making this happen. it was a total success and we all had a blast. food was great, raffle was awesome, and with 400 cars showing up you just can't ask for more.

seems like a lot of people had fun at the drag. it was a very hot day and to be honest i tried to stay under the shade most of the time. too busy working on my bud's car i didn't really get a chance to walk around (that's how big the event was? lol)

it was great to see all the norcal people too, been a while since so many of us got together, great time catching up!!!

Old 09-28-09, 10:34 PM
xagenesis
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im a bit absent minded but, who was the event coordinator for the raffles again?
i was told i would be contacted by xenon depot for my prize.. but never received a call ahaha i know its been a day but still just wondering (:
Old 09-28-09, 10:47 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by t0e
I agree with SICK, I don't really think the BMW guys were trying to run on the 1/8 Mile Drag Strip, I think they were being called out by a few members, as a joke though and then especially when we saw other "NON" Lexus cars on the 1/8 Mile drag strip...
Paul, there seems to be a bit of confusion and misunderstanding. I'm not going to get into a battle about who said what and etc, but that's the problem with making assumption and "thinking" what was said rather than who actually said what. There were actually some MFest guys that asked if they could run, we had to politely turn them away.

To clarify this:

1) We reserved our track run for registered Lexus Owners only.

2) True this was a Lexus Vehicle only race as listed and yes there were non-Lexus cars on the drag strip. The non-Lexus cars you saw on the drag strip belonged to Longo employees and The Pursuit Staff who were given advanced permission by the primary event sponsor (Longo Lexus) to run.

If you have any additional questions, I will be happy to discuss the matter further on PM.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-30-09 at 09:25 AM. Reason: removed personal info
Old 09-28-09, 11:00 PM
PK_Celsior
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tzaikun
Oh wow, I'm surprised someone was able to take a pic of my car at the drag. I was thinking to myself of how I should've had my buddy take a pic for me. Thank you PK!!! It looks so stock.
im glad i could of gotten a picture of you. i wish i got a picture of every drag race, but i was getting tired from the heat and very hungry!!!
Old 09-28-09, 11:41 PM
Heng350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PK_Celsior
im glad i could of gotten a picture of you. i wish i got a picture of every drag race, but i was getting tired from the heat and very hungry!!!
haha lol....how could hunger be an issue? i was given 4 in n out tickets lol. almost didnt know who i could share it with
Old 09-28-09, 11:59 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Heng350
haha lol....how could hunger be an issue? i was given 4 in n out tickets lol. almost didnt know who i could share it with
I got three of them and decided to wait until the line died.... big mistake lol that line disappeared because they closed *FACEPALM*
Old 09-29-09, 12:16 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mmmmmmm.....Loved this event! Thank you Longo + Staff!!!

I ate 3 in n out burgers..... =X
Old 09-29-09, 12:29 AM
PK_Celsior
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Heng350
how the heck did you get 4 in n out tickets !!!!!! i didnt have breakfast and it was like 12pm haha. you know college student wake up early without eating breakfast and complain later about it
Old 09-29-09, 12:33 AM
fliptrix
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

^ haha i was the same with you in not eating breakfast. but i got 2 tickets and just had 2 burgers.
Old 09-29-09, 12:37 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Some shots from the track

Not a whole lot from the track. I was out there for only like 20 minutes

Sorry guys for the delay. I am backed up with work from SevenStock and other school stuff

Last edited by xknowonex; 09-29-09 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-29-09, 04:35 AM
ucfjon
Driver

Originally Posted by ExileLakai
Hey everyone. I'm the guy that was walking around with the video camera. I loaded it into the computer today and I have over 260+ clips that I'll be editing into a video. I did a lot with music today and I'm still not 100% happy with it so I might make my own little mix for the video. It will take me a while to get the video out but i wanted to let everyone know that its in the works.
!!!!

- Good Feeling!
Old 09-29-09, 04:56 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UV
nope.

wrapped satin white like the LS next to it, and then sharpied over. no clearcoat. had an incident with gasoline that wiped the sharpie earlier that morning on the drive down.. haha
Its wrapped? Not painted 0.o?

Quick Reply: 9/27/09 "The Pursuit" Presented by Longo Lexus RETROSPECT