CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

9/27/09 "The Pursuit" Presented by Longo Lexus RETROSPECT

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-09 | 09:07 PM
Allen K
-0----0-
CL Folding 25,000

The Sharpie Lexus was pretty sweet
Old 09-30-09 | 10:56 PM
VIPJOSH
Lead Lap

^^^^^how does he wash his car?

Last edited by VIPJOSH; 10-01-09 at 04:00 PM. Reason: haha pressed enter before reading
Old 09-30-09 | 11:33 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Typo maybe? Could you clarify what you wanted to know about the Sharpie car?

Javier
Old 09-30-09 | 11:42 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

man the sharpie IS is looks pretty awesome, does anyone have any closer pics then the ones i have seen of it on here? Just a little curious
and great picture of Nicolette Lacson
Old 10-01-09 | 12:35 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DixonPai
man the sharpie IS is looks pretty awesome, does anyone have any closer pics then the ones i have seen of it on here? Just a little curious
and great picture of Nicolette Lacson
100% agree, awesome car and pictures of it!
Old 10-01-09 | 12:57 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by solo
This 1gen IS was super cool with a white theme, clean kit, and decal front lip. Props for looking elsewhere for inspirations:
This was definitely one of my favorite cars at the meet. Very unique!

Javier
Old 10-01-09 | 01:05 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by guillermo
Thanks for the video guillermo!

Javier
Old 10-01-09 | 01:05 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

It's been a long week and long 6 months preparing The Pursuit, but it was worth every single minute so I wanted to take my time and compose my thoughts (and physically recover LOL) before I posted in this thread.

It's 2009, and we're in the midst of the deepest recession since the Great Depression. And we're going to do WHAT??? You want to put together the largest Lexus owner's event ever? You want to have it at Toyota Speedway? You want to give out more than $10,000 in prizes? And you want to do all of this FREE to the members? Surely it can't be done.

I am proud to say it was done.

First and foremost I'd like to personally thank Chris McCarty at Longo Lexus for having faith in a vision James had many months ago. The support they have given us is incredible, and an event of this magnitude would simply be impossible without them. Thank you, Chris and everyone at Longo Lexus.

Thanks to more than 600 attendees who brought more than 400 cars, The Pursuit succeeded on every level imaginable - breaking all the known records for number of attendees, Lexus vehicles in attendance, and value of prizes awarded. SEMA should be jealous of the lineup of show cars we had on display! Several SEMA cars were shown - two Five Axis concept builds - the famous Project: IS-F and Project: GS, as well as the F-Sport GS and IS and IS-C, and even the Greddy/0-60 Magazine IS-F!

A huge thanks to all the sponsors that so graciously donated not only their product, but their time - coming out in the heat and providing a direct channel for enthusiasts to interact directly with the automotive aftermarket. The fact that we had the owner of Five Axis, the CEO of INGs USA, the owner of ViP AutoSalon, and dozens of reps from a veritable "who's who" of the automotive aftermarket was truly humbling. Thank you all for helping make Sunday's event a memorable one.

To my partners in crime - James and Ryan. You guys have shown a rare level of dedication that is nothing short of awesome. We endured countless late night meetings and endless phone calls planning out every little detail, putting up with naysayers and negativity all throughout. We kept our eyes on the prize, and guys it paid off Sunday - so my congratulations go out to both of you.

I likewise congratulate the rest of the event staff that worked so hard to make this event the success that it was. It was truly a pleasure to work with all of you.

To my NorCal family - you guys are incredible, and are one of the main reasons all the work is so rewarding. Hanging out with you at the BBQ Saturday night almost made my back pain go away. Almost. Glen, thanks for your steady leadership, support, and sage advice, and of course for leading the NorCal family safely on the trek down to SoCal and back. Solo - it's always a treat to hang out with you, I wish I would have had more time on Sunday. Great pics too, you did a fantastic job of telling the story on Sunday! Johnson, your car surpassed everyone's wildest expectations, and it's not even half way finished! Great job bro, keep up the good work.

To our lovely models - Nicolette, Alexia, Helen, Sahara, and Camay - thanks for helping me with the raffles and looking beautiful for all those pictures! (Especially the one in front of my car... )

The feedback from this event has fantastic this week and all early indications are that we'll be back next year... Anyway, there's been enough talking in this thread - more pictures!

Javier

Last edited by javyLSU; 11-12-09 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-01-09 | 01:06 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Very early competition even at the crack of dawn at Longo Lexus...

Joe Z came ready to race:

... but he couldn't top Jonny! 'Windex' was streaking his way to fast times all day, and won a trophy and a pic with Nicolette Lacson!

When you've got Troy Sumitomo from Five Axis checking out your ride, you're doing something right...

Everyone excited about the raffles...

KJ Takahashi, CEO of INGs USA with Sahara and Noz, winner of the INGs gift certificate.

Helen had a tough time picking a grand prize winner...

...but Trinidad was our grand prize SEMA winner! If only the Raiders had been winners on Sunday too...

The lovely and talented Alexia Lei:

Camay Dee with Andy, the lucky winner of the Brembo gift certificate!

Thanks to Jeff at PhotoshootMyCar for his fantastic coverage of the event. Check out the rest of his photos here at his blog.

Javier

Last edited by javyLSU; 11-12-09 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-01-09 | 01:11 AM
kevieeroh
Pole Position

Cool! Congrats Andy & Noz!
Old 10-01-09 | 02:20 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by javyLSU
... but he couldn't top Jonny! 'Windex' was streaking his way to fast times all day, and won a trophy and a pic with Nicolette Lacson!

Javier
LOL I got the gnarliest helmet hair and remember.... " If you aint first youre last" -Ricky bobby
Old 10-01-09 | 03:33 AM
eL b3bO
Pole Position

hey that was me with the Raider jersey on , yeah I got extremely lucky on winning the trip to vegas , and yes I roasted in the sun since I wore black ha ha
Old 10-01-09 | 03:51 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
CL Folding 100000

javy you posted the wrong link to his blog lol
Old 10-01-09 | 09:39 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

^Thanks Annant! I corrected the link...

Javier
Old 10-01-09 | 11:21 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Talking Joe Z's After Thoughts.......

Well I must say… I think I finally recuperated last night… !!!

Between work, the dash for a drop on the F last week with Tommy @ Musicbox, late nites with Francisco at Aerotect for some New
“Frost Bite” film, meetings with the Pursuit Crew and throw in a FULL Day @ Disneyland on Saturday for my daughters B-day…

….As soon as Sunday rolled around, I was ready to Rock!!

Thank God Starbucks sold that Coffee Box to me very early Sunday Morning.

With all the Lexus events and meets I have been involved with since 2002 here in SoCal, I must say,
this one took us to a Whole Other Level !!

I personally would like to Thank Longo Lexus for giving us the Opportunity to show how
ALL of our Lexus family can come together & enjoy an entire day of pure Fun!!

In & Out and Drag Racing FTW..

We had members from close to far and even members who have never been to a meet before.
Some have never drag raced before and some never won prizes before...

It was Great meeting NEW FACES and Great seeing some of the OG IS300 owners / OG members that I haven’t seen for years!!

This was Truly a successful Lexus Enthusiasts Meet!!!

Great Organization & Great volunteers is they to key to having an awesome Time!!
  • James, Javy & Ryan, you all did an awesome job in MY book.
  • Planning & Execution was as smooth as can be.
  • BIG THANKS to you and our ENTIRE VOLUNTEER CREW that made this happen for everyone...
    Members, Family, Friends, Longo staff, etc.. etc.. You all know who you are..

Also, another Big Thanks to Lexus Corp USA and ALL of our Vendor / Sponsors that came out to support the Lexus Community.
Especially with donating their time and/or prizes & give aways for many of us to Enjoy!!

I had a Blast....!!!!!

Best Regards,

Joe Z

"Perfection is the Goal" - Lexus

Quick Reply: 9/27/09 "The Pursuit" Presented by Longo Lexus RETROSPECT