CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

9/27/09 "The Pursuit" Presented by Longo Lexus RETROSPECT

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-09 | 01:51 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by roy1928
i might have won the raffle for the hid kit cause they called a number out an no one claimed it and i had lost my ticket...
I feel ya, I think I'm 99% sure I got called for the Vaistech iPod integration kit but I lost my ticket as well!
Old 09-28-09 | 01:54 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

i've been awake for 19 hours with three hours of sleep the night before, so i'm using what little energy i have left to put together a few thoughts. unfortunately, there are so many thoughts, i don't know where to begin. but regardless, here it goes...

as part of the event volunteer staff, i'm grateful to have been a part of making this unique, record-setting experience enjoyable for everyone that attended this meet. your attedance and participation is a clear sign that the CL community is not only big but also active.

a very big thank you to Longo Lexus and all the sponsors for their sponsorship, contributions, and overall presence at The Pursuit. without you all, the meet staff would not have been able to provide such a great experience for all the attendees.

i would also like to thank the meet staff: james + cinda + "junior" + tony, ryan, javy, tommy, doug, terrance + rachel, john, justin (i finally figure out who you are!), anna, phillip + joyce, joe z, norcal glen, DJ + Longo Lexus staff, and whoever else i've missed but had the opportunity to work with. without the grassroots marketing, forum postings, precise planning, dedication, and coordiation, this could have very possibly turned into a lesser experience. working with you all was my greatest pleasure and priviledge this time.

also, thanks to all the socal CL members old and new for coming out to this meet. some of you may have gotten prizes, and/or some of you may have gotten shirts, but EVERYONE got free in-n-out (generous, aren't we? ). also, thank you all for following speedway rules and regulations and not ruining the experience for others by behaving properly. you all represented yourselves as lexus owners well, and it reflects positively upon clublexus in general. i'm sorry i didn't get a chance to meet you all, but there were so many new faces in addition to the familiar ones that i barely had a chance to stop and chat with.

also, props go out to the norcal CL contingency. i can not thank you all enough for making the long drive to southern california and spending the weekend here, in addition to allowing us to extend to you all a bit of "southern hospitality". have a safe return trip, and i'm sure we'll be seeing each other in the near future.

on a personal note, i'd like to congratulate windex for the fastest lexus in the 1/8-mile at The Pursuit. you not only had the bravado to run the 1/8-mile, you did it against some serious competition (see: is350's, is-f, 1jz's, 2jz's). you earned that title, and no one can take that away from you or discount your time - especially those that didn't even run for whatever reason.

right now, the event is still oven-fresh in my mind, so i'm curious to share more thoughts and memories with you all over the next several days. i'll just need to get some rest before i do that.

btw, for those of you who didn't stick around after the raffle prize winners were drawn, you missed some of the best drag racing of the day. just my $0.02.
Old 09-28-09 | 04:26 AM
lyyca
Lexus Test Driver

Wow great meet guys! Nice to see many familiar faces and meeting new people. I had a blast! Thank you James, the staffs, Longo Lexus, Toyota Speedway, In & Out and especially our sponsors who put all this together. It was fun,especially my first time racing But I did get a little sun burned Anyway, here some teasers pix taken by me.

Old 09-28-09 | 06:51 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Impressive meet! I almost stayed for the whole thing (left at 3) but I was cooking out there and had to wuss out and go to some A/C hehe—Thanks to Tommy and Nigel for allowing us to sit under your tent in some shade!!

I shot some video and took some pics, which I’ll edit and try to get up tonight or tomorrow. =D

Originally Posted by PK_Celsior
Hey, I think that's me and Eric in the back there, to the left

fliptrix- I saw the free candy van and took a pic too! Hahaha

My first thought was, “Really? I wonder what kind….” Hahah j/k j/k j/k j/k
Old 09-28-09 | 07:17 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

that van cracks me up hahaha
Old 09-28-09 | 07:47 AM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

Here's a link to my pics

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f...ursuit%202009/
Old 09-28-09 | 09:06 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

thanks alot for the amazing event all who are responsible for it, it was pretty dope

Last edited by xuningshen; 09-28-09 at 09:14 AM.
Old 09-28-09 | 09:33 AM
Allen K
-0----0-
CL Folding 25,000

That was actually a vendor van Made me crack up when they first pulled in
Old 09-28-09 | 09:39 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Allen K
That was actually a vendor van Made me crack up when they first pulled in
Serious lol?
That's really funny hahah
Wait were they the ones that gave out the lollipops?
Old 09-28-09 | 10:02 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

it was an attempt at humor by one of our sponsors.

i'd say they succeeded.
Old 09-28-09 | 10:07 AM
Allen K
-0----0-
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Serious lol?
That's really funny hahah
Wait were they the ones that gave out the lollipops?
No idea because by the time I left the front gate I was too tired to walk around to the vendor booths I believe it belonged to 5-Axis, and they also mentioned that the van was painted in house paint, to go with the whole shady van motif
Old 09-28-09 | 10:15 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Allen K
No idea because by the time I left the front gate I was too tired to walk around to the vendor booths I believe it belonged to 5-Axis, and they also mentioned that the van was painted in house paint, to go with the whole shady van motif
lol that's awesome-- they did a good job pulling off the whole shady look
Old 09-28-09 | 10:54 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Default 562 caravan

The 562 Cerritos Best Buy caravan:
Attached Thumbnails 9/27/09 "The Pursuit" Presented by Longo Lexus RETROSPECT-lp01.jpg   9/27/09 "The Pursuit" Presented by Longo Lexus RETROSPECT-lp02.jpg   9/27/09 "The Pursuit" Presented by Longo Lexus RETROSPECT-lp03.jpg   9/27/09 "The Pursuit" Presented by Longo Lexus RETROSPECT-lp04.jpg  
Old 09-28-09 | 10:55 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

562-Cerritos Best Buy Caravan
Attached Thumbnails 9/27/09 "The Pursuit" Presented by Longo Lexus RETROSPECT-lp05.jpg   9/27/09 "The Pursuit" Presented by Longo Lexus RETROSPECT-lp06.jpg  
Old 09-28-09 | 11:02 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Originally Posted by T-Rex06
Special thanks to Longo and all the sponsors who supported this event. None of this would have happened without you guys. Also, many thanks to the Nor Cal folks who made the effort to join us.

It was a pleasure to see all the familiar faces again. Busy day for us, but it was well worth it. I hope you guys had as much fun as we did. I didn't take that many pics but I did a couple of shots of GTR taking the IS-F

Terrance
very nice pics buddy!

Quick Reply: 9/27/09 "The Pursuit" Presented by Longo Lexus RETROSPECT