CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

my baby got battered

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-09, 07:00 AM
Haitwun
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my baby got battered

I was traveling at 68mph on the 15 north in Fontana on my way to Cal State San Bernardino. It was a pretty empty freeway at 4:23 pm, no cars in front of me for at least 200 feet. I felt an impact from my rear, my neck did a whiplash thing as my rear end spun out from under me and I did a 340 degree spin on the freeway! Luckily the freeway was relatively empty so I did not hit any cars while my car was a spinning teacup.
When I finally stopped spinning I pulled onto the shoulder. CHP was right behind us. The officer separated me from my assailant and took down information from both of us.
After talking to my assailant, the officer said, "he admits he hit you."
The CHP report will be available to me on Wednesday according the officer. I already called my insurance company. So now what? What should I do? I am so full of confusion and rage that my precious car was destroyed like this.
Old 11-03-09, 07:09 AM
Haitwun
Pole Position

my car. The rear bumper is all mashed up and my trunk does not close properly anymore

the assailant's car. the grill and bumper flew off the car and were lying on the other side of the freeway.

Last edited by Haitwun; 11-03-09 at 07:16 AM.
Old 11-03-09, 07:15 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Haitwun
So now what? What should I do?
First and foremost, I'm glad to hear that you are safe and healthy. However, still get checked by your doctor; a simple neuromuscular exam can rule out any medical issues.

Second, contact your insurance company and tell them your story (be honest; it will most likely be recorded). Let them begin the claims process for you. If they provide car rental service, they'll get that started. They can also suggest places for you to take your car to for repairs, but you can choose your own.

When you get the chance, fax/mail the police report to your insurance company. That should clarify what happened in conjunction to your description.

Your repairs will have an estimate cost. If it exceeds 65% of your car's value, your car will most likely be totaled/salvaged. If not, they will repair it. If it is salvaged, you will get a check for the value of the car from the other person's insurance company. It may take a while, but you'll get it. If it's not salvaged, the repair shop will give you an estimate of when it will be done.

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 11-03-09 at 07:18 AM.
Old 11-03-09, 08:27 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

man how can someone hit you in an empty freeway? o_O
Old 11-03-09, 08:31 AM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW! As Philip said, I'm also glad to hear that you are OK and weren't hurt. I just don't see how someone can hit you on an EMPTY freeway! Was he/she drunk or something? Oh let me guess, on their cell phone texting and didn't know they swerved into your car? Man, drives me nuts when I see people doing that on the road.

Anyways, again, glad you're OK and hope it all works out for you. Good thing that stretch of freeway is fairly wide.
Old 11-03-09, 08:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

sorry to see you got hit. first of all, don't be mad, it's just car after all. you being ok is the most important. make sure you get medical checkout for sure, you never know if your neck or shoulder was injured in any way.

once you get the report file a claim against the other insurance, or if you want, just give all the info to your insurance and start the claim
Old 11-03-09, 11:14 AM
HERBos
Lead Lap

was that person trippin on some something? good to hear that you okay!
Old 11-03-09, 04:01 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

first off, get checked immediately. that whiplash could turn into something worse if not properly checked. secondly, find a good bodyshop (seidner's collision center usually handles our accidents). if you have a second car, looks like you're gonna use that for awhile. though its not that bad in terms of damage, it is a full bumper replacement along with other body issues, so possibly 2-3 weeks (10-15 business days). all in all, glad to see you are doing well and that you didnt get into a rage when that dude hit you. seriously, open freeway and you still get hit! some people....
Old 11-06-09, 08:28 PM
Haitwun
Pole Position

Thanks guys. My car is at Longo now. They said it will take roughly 3 weeks and the repairs top $8k.
The assailant's insurance co. called me and said that he said he hit me because I pulled in front of him and slammed the brakes. So he took away my car, nearly took my life and now he is lying about it! Still, he admits the freeway was empty and that he struck me in my rear end so I should come out on top... right?
Old 11-07-09, 05:09 AM
legit
Pole Position

Thanks guys. My car is at Longo now. They said it will take roughly 3 weeks and the repairs top $8k.
The assailant's insurance co. called me and said that he said he hit me because I pulled in front of him and slammed the brakes. So he took away my car, nearly took my life and now he is lying about it! Still, he admits the freeway was empty and that he struck me in my rear end so I should come out on top... right?
You were rear ended...if anything, where's the evidence to prove such a thing happened (don't think it was from the CHP report)?
Old 11-07-09, 08:25 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wth on a empty freeway. You're lucky you had a CHP at the scene of the accident. Well from my knowledge anything that has to do with rear-ending you'll win the case. This stupid bastard was probably trying to hit you up to race on a empty freeway. Do you part and get the CHP's report to your insurance company, so they can handle everything with the other party. btw you shouldnt speak to the other insurance company, becuase they might twist your words and lack on paying you for your pain and suffering. GL with everything!
Old 11-09-09, 04:35 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

After leaving the scene, even if they tell you at the scene " my bad, my fault." they will 100% of the time change there story after the shock is gone, sux but clearly you can tell what did happen.

Good Luck
Old 12-07-09, 07:54 PM
fonzo91121
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

freakin haters
Old 12-07-09, 11:50 PM
Do.Man
Pole Position

dang that is crazy.. its like he tried to hit you on the empty freeway.
Old 12-08-09, 12:48 AM
madoka
Pole Position

Originally Posted by valgs350
After leaving the scene, even if they tell you at the scene " my bad, my fault." they will 100% of the time change there story after the shock is gone, sux but clearly you can tell what did happen.
That happened to me. UCLA student swerved into my lane, got out and apologized. He told me his dog in the back distracted him. Fortunately for me a CHP officer and a city cop each drove by and took our statements. A week later, I was informed that I was being sued for running into him! If I didn't have two statements from two separate police officers who wrote down that he admitted fault, it might have gone to trial. Fricking bastard.

Quick Reply: my baby got battered