CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Heads up Irvine members..speed traps...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-09, 12:54 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.trapster.com will help you guys, it helps me!
Old 12-15-09, 01:23 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

this isn't a new concept, but how about driving AT the speed limit? that way, if you DO get pulled over, at least it won't be for speeding...
Old 12-15-09, 02:09 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Need help taking the fronts off Phi? Lets do it after finals?
Haha this probably happened like 5 months ago, I already got it taken care of. Sort of. I took the tint off, took it to police station and got it written off. Put the front tint back on but they said I never showed them proof, didn't want to take it all off again so I had to pay the ticket in full. Thanks though Jay!
Old 12-15-09, 06:51 PM
SoCal35
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
this isn't a new concept, but how about driving AT the speed limit? that way, if you DO get pulled over, at least it won't be for speeding...
+1 on that. I'm sure we all like to drive fast, but we also DO know that there could be a consequence. We just like to take for granted the risk of getting pulled over... am I right?

Many of us also have something modded on our cars, basically one or more things that like to attract the attention of not only other drivers (and their women ) but Sheriff, CHP, Police as well. Once your noticeable, I'm sure other cars don't get seen in the peripherals of the peace officer. And come on guys, it's Irvine. Nothing much goes on in the area to keep cops busy, so they've got to enforce something. There's good cops, there's bad cops, and there's the ones that cut us slack. Not all of them think the same.

One thing I've done to my car is put on a front license plate. Just one less thing for an officer to ding me on.

Oh btw, I got a thumbs up once from the officer (it was a motor at the time, not a squad car) at the Jamboree/261 area on the way to a South County Meet doing 80mph. Radar gun pointed right at me as I was in the right most lane too! Not sure why, but whatevs! Just keep in mind, there are laws and we can't do much about it. Just don't be ignorant.

My $.02
Old 12-15-09, 06:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
73 northbound between Bison Ave and the 55 freeway. There is one usually hiding right after the entrance from Bison to the 73. They love pulling people over, especially right after UCI students leave.
yup i enter 73 from bison every day, seen him a few times already
Old 12-15-09, 10:49 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal35
+1 on that. I'm sure we all like to drive fast, but we also DO know that there could be a consequence. We just like to take for granted the risk of getting pulled over... am I right?

Many of us also have something modded on our cars, basically one or more things that like to attract the attention of not only other drivers (and their women ) but Sheriff, CHP, Police as well. Once your noticeable, I'm sure other cars don't get seen in the peripherals of the peace officer. And come on guys, it's Irvine. Nothing much goes on in the area to keep cops busy, so they've got to enforce something. There's good cops, there's bad cops, and there's the ones that cut us slack. Not all of them think the same.

One thing I've done to my car is put on a front license plate. Just one less thing for an officer to ding me on.

Oh btw, I got a thumbs up once from the officer (it was a motor at the time, not a squad car) at the Jamboree/261 area on the way to a South County Meet doing 80mph. Radar gun pointed right at me as I was in the right most lane too! Not sure why, but whatevs! Just keep in mind, there are laws and we can't do much about it. Just don't be ignorant.

My $.02
+1.

while it's hard to resist unleashing lots of horsepower and blowing past traffic, but not enough time is saved by driving faster and increasing your risk for a ticket. that, and the actual time that is saved by driving faster comes with an exponential increase in the risk of being lit up by your local law enforcement officer. this is especially true for local driving in socal.

even armed w/ a V1, i speed when it's actually safe to do so and on the random occasion that calls for it. aside from those times, i'll gladly take the slow lane and let the lead-footers pass me.
Old 12-19-09, 10:44 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see how you guys get popped all the time considering I have lived in Irvine for 15 years had 3 different cars and 2 crotch rockets with a bunch of mods and never got a ticket...... mind you though I don't have tinted windows, lowered suspension, and decals or stickers all over the car either and I obey the speed limits to a strong extent.... I even drive my beater sc300 with no resonator and I have yet to been harassed... However if you plan on speeding and driving fast save it for the track its just not worth damaging your car or possibly causing an accident hurting others...
Old 12-29-09, 12:31 AM
jkang5
Driver School Candidate

for those of you who got ticketed for tint, what was tint percent? i have 35% all around and have been getting a little paranoid after reading this.
Old 12-31-09, 01:02 PM
ALtEZZA_88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
yup i enter 73 from bison every day, seen him a few times already
yuppp
but i think its more for ppl who are coming out of the toll rather than ppl entering from the bison onramp. because if you think about it, from the onramp you can see him very clearly
Old 12-31-09, 01:02 PM
ALtEZZA_88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by emoshun
www.trapster.com will help you guys, it helps me!
yeah. especially during holidays i get a lottttt of alerts sent to my phone
Old 12-31-09, 02:34 PM
tcr101
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

sits on a moto with a radar out tagging u as u drive nxt to the golf course :O
Attached Thumbnails Heads up Irvine members..speed traps...-pic1.jpg  
Old 12-31-09, 02:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ALtEZZA_88
yuppp
but i think its more for ppl who are coming out of the toll rather than ppl entering from the bison onramp. because if you think about it, from the onramp you can see him very clearly
yup, true, it's more on people exiting the toll. unless someone guns from the bison onramp then by the time it slopes down it can be around 70 already
Old 01-02-10, 12:11 AM
ALtEZZA_88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tcr101
sits on a moto with a radar out tagging u as u drive nxt to the golf course :O
really?
thanks for the heads up. i take that route to my buddy's apartment all the time.
Old 01-02-10, 12:48 AM
vipjason
Lead Lap

good looking out bro!