CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

A December to Forget- Park Place Lexus Mission Viejo

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-09, 11:06 AM
ERC4
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default A December to Forget- Park Place Lexus Mission Viejo

I’d like to share my recent experience with Park Place Lexus in Mission Viejo. My objective is to help fellow CL members in southern California avoid the type of experience that I went through. Back in August I contacted numerous Lexus dealerships looking for their best price on a special order of a 2010 LX570. The special order was necessary because the pre-collision system I wanted is only available through special order. I selected Park Place Lexus in Mission Viejo when they offered me the vehicle for $3,000 over Edmunds invoice. They immediately charged a $1,000 deposit to my credit card and told me to expect my vehicle in 2-3 months. At the 2 month mark I left a message for my salesman, the Internet Sales Manager, to see if there was an update re the timing of the vehicle’s arrival. My message was returned by the New Car Sales Manager who said that he was now in charge of my order. He said that there was no information yet but he’d call me back with info in a week. He never called back so after 2 weeks I called him. Same story- no info, he’d call me in one week, he never called so I had to call him after 2 weeks. On November 2nd he tells me “it’ll start to be built 11/16. It takes 1 week to build and will be on a ship on 11/23. It takes 3 weeks to get to the dealership so we’re looking at 12/14 delivery.” So it sounds like I’ll get my vehicle after 4 months. I’m happy. So on 11/29 I send him the following email- “Hello XXXXX, I hope all is well with you. I'm wondering what's the latest on my LX570 order? The 11/2 update said that it would start to be built 11/16 and that it takes 1 week to build. Thus, I'm thinking that this thing should be built by now, on a ship, and we should be able to get a VIN #. Are we still looking at a 12/14 pickup date? Thanks, Gene”. 4 days go by with no response. So I leave a message on his answering machine. No response. So I leave another message on his answering machine the next day. No response. I then leave a message on the answering machine of the dealership’s General Manager (this is the guy whose mission statement on their website says “it’s been our single-minded goal to deliver a whole new level of service excellence to Orange County. It’s our belief that an owner of a world-class automobile should receive world-class treatment. Please do not hesitate to let us know how we can be your Lexus Experts in Excellence”). No response from the General Manager. We’re now close to the 4 month mark since I ordered my vehicle and I can’t even get a call back from the dealership. So I call Lexus Corporate to see if they can help. I only agreed to go through the hassle of opening a case when the corporate rep assured me that they can definitely get me answers to my 4 simple questions (was the vehicle built or not built, shipped or not shipped, what’s the VIN #, and what’s the expected arrival date) from the regional rep. This was a waste of time. The people at Lexus Corporate couldn’t answer any of the questions after 4 phone calls. All they did was go back to the New Car Sales Manager who wouldn’t tell them anything either. Contacting Lexus Corporate didn’t even prompt the dealership to reply to my email or phone messages. By this time I’m days away from the 4 month mark, and service from Park Place Mission Viejo is terrible so I tell Lexus Corporate to tell the dealership that if I don’t hear from the dealership regarding my order I’m going to cancel the order. That’s all it took to fix the New Car Sales Managers email system. He emails me within minutes that my order is cancelled but has the nerve to say that he’ll gladly reinstate my order as long as I “understand that they’ll be a substantial increase in pricing”. That line reveals their true intentions throughout this fiasco. Back in August the Internet Sales Manager agreed (in writing) to a price that the New Car Sales Manager felt was not profitable enough to give up one of their allocated vehicles for. So instead of showing integrity and sticking to the deal that they agreed to, or at least coming clean with me so I could order my vehicle elsewhere, they chose option #3- provide such terrible customer service that after 4 months I would cancel the order and get them off the hook.

As frustrating as this situation has been I consider myself fortunate. I never want to have any type of dealings with low-lifes like this. Whatever money you might save is never worth that greasy feeling you get dealing with crooks. In the last few days I have ordered the vehicle from Lexus Carlsbad. They immediately faxed me an order confirmation, which is something that I never received from PPL Mission Viejo. I look forward to our new LX in a few months. In the grander scheme of things, getting screwed by a car dealership is not a big deal. Nobody’s injured or dead. But I would like to help other members avoid this type of aggravation. Good luck.
Old 12-24-09, 11:09 AM
ERC4
Pit Crew

I’d like to share my recent experience with Park Place Lexus in Mission Viejo. My objective is to help fellow CL members in southern California avoid the type of experience that I went through. Back in August I contacted numerous Lexus dealerships looking for their best price on a special order of a 2010 LX570. The special order was necessary because the pre-collision system I wanted is only available through special order. I selected Park Place Lexus in Mission Viejo when they offered me the vehicle for $3,000 over Edmunds invoice. They immediately charged a $1,000 deposit to my credit card and told me to expect my vehicle in 2-3 months. At the 2 month mark I left a message for my salesman, the Internet Sales Manager, to see if there was an update re the timing of the vehicle’s arrival. My message was returned by the New Car Sales Manager who said that he was now in charge of my order. He said that there was no information yet but he’d call me back with info in a week. He never called back so after 2 weeks I called him. Same story- no info, he’d call me in one week, he never called so I had to call him after 2 weeks. On November 2nd he tells me “it’ll start to be built 11/16. It takes 1 week to build and will be on a ship on 11/23. It takes 3 weeks to get to the dealership so we’re looking at 12/14 delivery.” So it sounds like I’ll get my vehicle after 4 months. I’m happy. So on 11/29 I send him the following email- “Hello XXXXX, I hope all is well with you. I'm wondering what's the latest on my LX570 order? The 11/2 update said that it would start to be built 11/16 and that it takes 1 week to build. Thus, I'm thinking that this thing should be built by now, on a ship, and we should be able to get a VIN #. Are we still looking at a 12/14 pickup date? Thanks, Gene”. 4 days go by with no response. So I leave a message on his answering machine. No response. So I leave another message on his answering machine the next day. No response. I then leave a message on the answering machine of the dealership’s General Manager (this is the guy whose mission statement on their website says “it’s been our single-minded goal to deliver a whole new level of service excellence to Orange County. It’s our belief that an owner of a world-class automobile should receive world-class treatment. Please do not hesitate to let us know how we can be your Lexus Experts in Excellence”). No response from the General Manager. We’re now close to the 4 month mark since I ordered my vehicle and I can’t even get a call back from the dealership. So I call Lexus Corporate to see if they can help. I only agreed to go through the hassle of opening a case when the corporate rep assured me that they can definitely get me answers to my 4 simple questions (was the vehicle built or not built, shipped or not shipped, what’s the VIN #, and what’s the expected arrival date) from the regional rep. This was a waste of time. The people at Lexus Corporate couldn’t answer any of the questions after 4 phone calls. All they did was go back to the New Car Sales Manager who wouldn’t tell them anything either. Contacting Lexus Corporate didn’t even prompt the dealership to reply to my email or phone messages. By this time I’m days away from the 4 month mark, and service from Park Place Mission Viejo is terrible so I tell Lexus Corporate to tell the dealership that if I don’t hear from the dealership regarding my order I’m going to cancel the order. That’s all it took to fix the New Car Sales Managers email system. He emails me within minutes that my order is cancelled but has the nerve to say that he’ll gladly reinstate my order as long as I “understand that they’ll be a substantial increase in pricing”. That line reveals their true intentions throughout this fiasco. Back in August the Internet Sales Manager agreed (in writing) to a price that the New Car Sales Manager felt was not profitable enough to give up one of their allocated vehicles for. So instead of showing integrity and sticking to the deal that they agreed to, or at least coming clean with me so I could order my vehicle elsewhere, they chose option #3- provide such terrible customer service that after 4 months I would cancel the order and get them off the hook.

As frustrating as this situation has been I consider myself fortunate. I never want to have any type of dealings with low-lifes like this. Whatever money you might save is never worth that greasy feeling you get dealing with crooks. In the last few days I have ordered the vehicle from Lexus Carlsbad. They immediately faxed me an order confirmation which is something that I never received from PPL Mission Viejo. I look forward to our new LX in a few months. In the grander scheme of things, getting screwed by a car dealership is not a big deal. Nobody’s injured or dead. But I would like to help other members avoid this type of aggravation. Good luck.
Old 12-24-09, 11:12 AM
ERC4
Pit Crew

As frustrating as this situation has been I consider myself fortunate. I never want to have any type of dealings with low-lifes like this. Whatever money you might save is never worth that greasy feeling you get dealing with crooks. In the last few days I have ordered the vehicle from Lexus Carlsbad. They immediately faxed me an order confirmation which is something that I never received from PPL Mission Viejo. I look forward to our new LX in a few months. In the grander scheme of things, getting screwed by a car dealership is not a big deal. Nobody’s injured or dead. But I would like to help other members avoid this type of aggravation. Good luck.
Old 12-24-09, 11:15 AM
ERC4
Pit Crew

Old 12-24-09, 11:39 AM
racingt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never dealt with them. Good dealings here from Newport Lexus.

Get your deposit back?
Old 12-24-09, 11:41 AM
OC-ISF
Driver School Candidate

While my experience wasn't as terrible as yours, when we were shopping for our IS-F, we wanted to see the car in blue before we purchased the car (in any color). We were told by the Internet Sales Manager that there wasn't a single blue one in the entire western area and that they were extremely rare. That same day we drove from Mission Viejo to Carlsbad where they had a blue on the lot. There is no doubt in my mind that he knew that car was in Carlsbad. Although we ended up buying a black IS-F from another dealership, I swore I would never go back to Mission Viejo Park Place Lexus. Although I live in the community, 5 minutes from the dealership, I won't even bother with them as I'm currently shopping for my RX 450. My experiences with Carlsbad Lexus have been terrific. Congrats on your new car.
Old 12-24-09, 12:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

WOW!!! I will never send any friends I have in that neck of the woods to those clowns. I cant believe they did that. Let alone to a customer buying one of their most expensive vehicles. They were not even giving you that great of a deal.

I hate to hear stories like this. Who the hell do they think they are. Especially right now. Theses morons are all losing massive sales right now and then to do something like this??
Old 12-24-09, 12:53 PM
phongh
Lead Lap

wow thats really bad. Why don't you try the new lexus of escondido?
Old 12-24-09, 01:27 PM
ERC4
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by OC-ISF
While my experience wasn't as terrible as yours, when we were shopping for our IS-F, we wanted to see the car in blue before we purchased the car (in any color). We were told by the Internet Sales Manager that there wasn't a single blue one in the entire western area and that they were extremely rare. That same day we drove from Mission Viejo to Carlsbad where they had a blue on the lot. There is no doubt in my mind that he knew that car was in Carlsbad. Although we ended up buying a black IS-F from another dealership, I swore I would never go back to Mission Viejo Park Place Lexus. Although I live in the community, 5 minutes from the dealership, I won't even bother with them as I'm currently shopping for my RX 450. My experiences with Carlsbad Lexus have been terrific. Congrats on your new car.
Congrats on your IS-F. I'm jealous. It's a wonderful car that I was close to buying till family considerations led me to the LX. Just like any industry, there's always some outfit that thinks they're going to make more money being dishonest with people than by treating people fairly. It's a very short-sighted strategy, especially in the information age. Happy holidays.
Old 12-24-09, 01:42 PM
spicaly
Driver

Thank you for your post, sorry you had to go thru such a poor experience, hopefully everything works out in the end
Old 12-24-09, 01:50 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the scam alert, though I live in VA , I do travel a lot. I keep a list of Lexus dealers to avoid, Park Place Lexus will be on it. This is why many CL members refer to dealerships as stealerships. Yours is an unbelievable story of customer abuse, you have my sympathy !!
Old 12-24-09, 02:23 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! What a terrible experience. Thanks for sharing. I know where NOT to go.
Old 12-24-09, 04:07 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Sad to hear. Unfortunately, Lexus sales are just like any other brands' sales department. Profit and greed are the only thing they care about, and customer service is non-existent until you actually own the car. Lexus should enforce sales and delivery time standards just as they do service standards for owners.
Old 12-24-09, 04:16 PM
JBasco20
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow very sorry to hear that.... im sure you were looking forward to your car before christmas.... I know how i would feel in that situation......
Old 12-24-09, 04:26 PM
timtem
Pole Position

wow. sorry you had to deal with that kind of poor customer service. I know with the company I work for... once Corporate is contacted its only about an hour max until that situation gets handled the proper way.

Quick Reply: A December to Forget- Park Place Lexus Mission Viejo