CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Official SoCal tint thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-09, 11:15 AM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by john_papa
anybody know a good tinting place around cerritos??? i know california tint have a good reputation. its evn on other forums. but kinda thinking its gonna be busy once i get there.

completely off topic cuz its nowhere near Cerritos but DO NOT take your cars to "The Tint Pros" in Huntington Beach!!!

i took my car to them 2 days after i got it to have tint installed and when i got it back.....the drivers side mirror was scraped up down to to the primer!!! i was furious. i complained and told em the car was brand new when i brought it to em and they were responsible. they denied any involvement and would do nothing to resolve the problem. i left pissed off.

as i was driving away.....i made it two blocks and the rear view mirror fell off and was dangling by the wires!!! i had them tint the windshield and they had to remove the mirror to do so.

this is an example of craftsmanship of "The Tint Pros" work, their lack of responsibility for work done, and care of vehicles while in their shop!!!

"F"- The Tint Pros in Huntington Beach
Old 03-28-09, 12:38 PM
john_papa
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
completely off topic cuz its nowhere near Cerritos but DO NOT take your cars to "The Tint Pros" in Huntington Beach!!!

i took my car to them 2 days after i got it to have tint installed and when i got it back.....the drivers side mirror was scraped up down to to the primer!!! i was furious. i complained and told em the car was brand new when i brought it to em and they were responsible. they denied any involvement and would do nothing to resolve the problem. i left pissed off.

as i was driving away.....i made it two blocks and the rear view mirror fell off and was dangling by the wires!!! i had them tint the windshield and they had to remove the mirror to do so.

this is an example of craftsmanship of "The Tint Pros" work, their lack of responsibility for work done, and care of vehicles while in their shop!!!

ow thank you for the info. i actually just emailed them for a quote for my car. i guess im will not be going there. thanks
Old 03-28-09, 12:58 PM
sanguine
Rookie

Maybe we should have a sticky of some recommended places to get service done and which one to completely avoid. Thanks for sharing your story. I'd be furious too.
Old 03-28-09, 05:06 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

theres a place in OC garden grove westminster area. its off the 22 on trask and magnolia. that place is awsome! lifetime warrenty been there for a long time great owner great service!
Old 03-30-09, 03:39 AM
MrHarris
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Tint Plus in Laguna Hills, exit Lake Forest off of the 5. It's by far the best.
Old 03-30-09, 08:02 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Peter does amazing work in the SGV (California Tint) [affordable]

Or in Torrance talk to Harris Evangelista at Instyle Graphics located inside VIP Status (he uses the best tints)- and his work is top notch..
Old 03-30-09, 10:38 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MrHarris
Tint Plus in Laguna Hills, exit Lake Forest off of the 5. It's by far the best.
i agree. after my fiasco with The Tint Pros i took my car to Tint Plus and they did it up right.

super particular to cleanliness. i remember thinking to myself "did they clean and vacuum the inside of this thing??"

very happy with they're work.
Old 03-30-09, 10:42 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

i agree. after my fiasco with The Tint Pros i took my car to Tint Plus and they did it up right.

super particular to cleanliness. i remember thinking to myself "did they clean and vacuum the inside of this thing??"

very happy with they're work.
Just an FYI, they use heat guns to apply their tint, including their ceramic line. Heat guns are usually fine for regular film but it could cause ghosting with ceramic film.
Old 04-02-09, 10:45 PM
IS250_6Spd
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Peter does amazing work in the SGV (California Tint) [affordable]

Or in Torrance talk to Harris Evangelista at Instyle Graphics located inside VIP Status (he uses the best tints)- and his work is top notch..
+1 for California tint! the owner is really nice.
Old 04-03-09, 02:57 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wanna get my tint redone, any1 knows if they charge extra to remove the current tint?
Old 04-03-09, 06:46 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

I think Peter charges like 25-30 per window or so extra..I'm sure a C/L member could help you out for lunch its not quite bad ..open up the sunroof and other windows that you aren't doing.. get a heat gun. (good quality trash bags) and some ammonia..Soak the tint in ammonia, then put teh bag over it and cut it around..Let it sit and wet the ammonia (repeat it like 2x) get a heat gun and heat the window (glass) from the other side) get a razor and peel off one end and continue working it. Should come off quite well. Since your IS is fairly new the rear glass should not kill the lines.
Old 04-03-09, 08:36 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wew, another 25-30 bucks extra per window? thats alot, if im doing 4 windows+1 rear windshield, that be 125-150 bucks? WOW!!
Old 04-03-09, 10:38 AM
lexus5703
Driver

Really!? I took my car there about a week after I bought my car and they did a great job! Even my friends have gone and they did all got great service and whatnot. That's weird.
Old 04-03-09, 09:17 PM
2LTurbo
Driver School Candidate

I got my previous cars (and plan to get my F) tinted at AstroEclipse in Brea. They do a top quality job and have been in business for 30+ years. They use FormulaOne tint...

http://www.astroeclipse.com/
http://formulaone.com/
Old 04-04-09, 12:37 AM
augdogg
Lead Lap

Hit up my boy Norman at his shop in Murrieta if your near...Best tint job anywhere imo.
http://www.myspace.com/tint

Quick Reply: Official SoCal tint thread