CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Lexus of Westminster service center

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-10, 02:01 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by funnie
i went to lexus of westminster and Charlie was able to help me fix the interior dash rattle issue. Really nice guy and seems to be knowledgeable about our cars. Kudos to Charlie n the excellent service offered at Westminster. My gf plans on getting a new RX n im thinking of taking her there to get one.
Sure hope you guys know that the service writer does not do the work on your car, once it leaves the check in it goes back to the mechanics, and unless there is a problem he does not get involved again until you pick up the car.

It sounds like many here are members of the lexus of westminster fan club but it would still be a good idea to inspect their work. As I mentioned I have gone there 5 times and have had 3 issues, could be that I was a former mechanic so I check their work carefully, but I always do a quick inspection there and a more thorough one when I get home.

But good luck to the fan club members I hope you do not have any problems that would result catastrophic failure.
Old 03-29-10, 04:42 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hblexus07
Sure hope you guys know that the service writer does not do the work on your car, once it leaves the check in it goes back to the mechanics, and unless there is a problem he does not get involved again until you pick up the car.

It sounds like many here are members of the lexus of westminster fan club but it would still be a good idea to inspect their work. As I mentioned I have gone there 5 times and have had 3 issues, could be that I was a former mechanic so I check their work carefully, but I always do a quick inspection there and a more thorough one when I get home.

But good luck to the fan club members I hope you do not have any problems that would result catastrophic failure.
We are not all trying to say we're a big fan club of Lexus of WM. We're mainly trying to convey that if someone does go there, look for Richard as he is an extremely courteous stand up guy.

As a general rule of thumb, it's always a good idea to recheck any work done after visiting the dealers/mechanic/mod shop as more than half the time I find something that needs to be addressed properly.
Old 03-29-10, 05:55 PM
Namster
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I go to Lexus of Westminster for most of the services too. I'm planning to buy a kit from Kerry in the services dept. I talked to him last week and he's gonna order one for me. He's a great guy to deal with. You can also ask for Pete too. He'll take care good care of you. Both Kerry and Pete are CL members on here in case you don't know. You'll be surprised if you see their cars!
Old 08-04-10, 01:31 PM
genetic
Lead Lap

This place is great for eating their food and drinking their drinks.

But I would never do any kind of service here.
Old 08-05-10, 06:50 PM
lyyca
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my car back today from Lexus of Westminister Service Center. I had the timing belt service, oil change, and car detail done there. I love this dealership! So clean and new. Also people are so nice there. And, special thanks to Pete who helped me with everything including special discounts for clublexus members. Thank you very much for the great service! My car is so shiny now and a very cute asian chick in a red civic sedan smiled and waved at me on the way home. +1 for Lexus of Westminister Service Center for making me a chick magnet :P
Old 08-05-10, 07:12 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lyyca
...My car is so shiny now and a very cute asian chick in a red civic sedan smiled and waved at me on the way home. +1 for Lexus of Westminister Service Center for making me a chick magnet :P

LOL gotta love that. We'll never get enough of that.
Old 09-16-10, 07:07 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know it's an old thread, but I just had service done at Lexus of Westminster for an oil change and replacing the lower B-pillars. Scheduled with Richard because of everyone's recommendation.

Richard really is an outstanding guy, very professional and knowledgeable. He is willing to help with resolving any issues or questions. I got to take a quick look at the service bay area. The shop is immaculate and my LS460 was well treated. I know that the service is only as good as the mechanic working on your car, but having a service advisor like Richard is reassuring that your car will be well cared for.

If you're anywhere near OC, don't even bother with any other dealers.
Old 09-17-10, 11:38 PM
Secksee
Lead Lap

I deal with pete, pretty straight up guy. Westminster is definitely one of the better service centers i have been to.
Old 09-19-10, 02:26 AM
ErickGS300
Lead Lap

So they can help me with buying the correct brake pads for my European 2GS.
Old 09-21-10, 09:25 PM
dmjay
Rookie

About a couple of weeks ago I went to get some warranty work done on my car. I was recommended by the sales department to talk to Richard in the service. I went to have Richard take a look at my passenger side mirror to make sure there was something wrong...and low and behold the mirror wasnt working. I also told him about the crank issue that i have been having, but I was never able to prove it when I went to the dealer. Richard went out of his way to get the crank done.

Richard set me up with a rental for the weekend and called me each day for an update.
Old 09-21-10, 09:56 PM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

Richard is the best!!! He knows modded cars and is a really good guy.

He always tries to help me out best he can, and I have a LOT of car problems.. ALL THE TIME, lol.

Give them a try again because I remember I took my car in for a recall and he checked my battery and made sure it was replaced because it was weak.

Last edited by solo_stage; 09-21-10 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-14-15, 06:14 AM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Service at Lexus of Westminster

I need to go in for my one year service, is Lexus of Westminster mod friendly? Just had air suspension installed on my CT200h and wanted to make sure I don't have any problems. Also is there a recommended SA?
Old 11-14-15, 08:28 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by wineguy
I need to go in for my one year service, is Lexus of Westminster mod friendly? Just had air suspension installed on my CT200h and wanted to make sure I don't have any problems. Also is there a recommended SA?
I've heard they are. I get my car serviced there but I have zero suspension mods. I always go with Pete Phat, he had a slightly modded 2IS and he put together the big meet they had. I'd call ahead and share your concern with him. Make sure to mention the Club Lexus discount.
Old 11-14-15, 01:15 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Mod friendly at Lexus Of Westminster.
See Pete Phat
Old 11-14-15, 07:44 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

Thanks guys, makes me feel better about taking it in for service.

Quick Reply: Lexus of Westminster service center