CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Boostin and Cops

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-10, 12:22 PM
skitso1080
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to bad there is no CARB legal forced induction system for lexus cars. I know that vortech made something for the IS300 but never got it CARB approved.
Old 04-20-10, 12:27 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Newchapter
haha is this how CA is paying off that deficit?
yes indeed.
Old 04-20-10, 03:43 PM
o6spdracer
Lead Lap

Its just one of many ridiculous tactics being implemented.
Old 04-20-10, 03:51 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

just do it lol. i have open 3" with a hks hi power. no cats no resonators its silent when the second turbo comes on, oh buddy! lol run a sidemount for stock or if you go front mount get a mishimoto black front mount! youll be good! if you are bpu or built and you are about to do something dumb make sure there are no cops around, and if there happens to be one that you missed make sure you have room to split, or hope he doesnt pop your hood.
Old 04-21-10, 01:37 AM
SC GS400
Driver School Candidate

My brother is a Cop and last I heard the ref station is closed down due to budget cut backs. This was 7-9 months ago. Also huge deal with the police is the attitude that you have with them. If your driving like a jack A$$ then expect them to mess with you. Of any driver on the road police love to speed, shoot their average mph in Riverside county 83 mph on duty (at night that's when he works).

I had a 1jz for 3 years in a MK3 Supra. I got stopped by Upland police they were hiding in cable airport at night, just had coilovers installed and a new 3.76 diff put in and jumped on it coming up Benson. They were about 3-1/2 blocks back, I slowed down turned on my flashers pulled the car over on the last street before the 210 freeway. I turned on all the lights on in the cabin, killed my turbo timer and put the keys on the roof. After getting chewed out for about 4-6 minutes about how this isn't NASCAR and what the hell am I doing 100+ mph up the street for they let me off. There were two police officers and the one on the passenger side of the car told me if I hadn't slowed down they wouldn't have caught me. I got off scott free no cops brother thing used even though I think they knew him as our last names are rare.

Police deal with the public and if you are cool then most of the time they are. But yeah there are a few dicks and also the cop may know nothing about the car but with cell phones and better cameras I have helped my brother with 3 cars so far 2 Hondas and a Nissan 240 for illegal mods. He knows jack **** about cars but in all three cases they were telling him what he could and could not do, thats just not a good thing. Just my 2 cents and I will check with him on the ref stations to see if they stil arent using them.
Old 04-21-10, 01:46 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Theres a ref station here at my city college, open twice a week or something. the ref is also an auto teacher here i think!
Old 04-21-10, 10:45 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by SC GS400
My brother is a Cop and last I heard the ref station is closed down due to budget cut backs. This was 7-9 months ago.
That was when the budget wasn't signed yet. A Ref inspection basically was going to get your car smogged. After the budget was signed the Ref stations were back. I know because my friend got a Ref ticket for his illegal intake (supercharger).
Old 04-22-10, 01:04 AM
SC GS400
Driver School Candidate

Well Riverside county is not using them, from what he told me last night. They havent had them for a while almost a year from what he said. He usually works the DUI check points and is the lead motor (bike cop) at those check points so if you have a tricked out car and you are mouthing off then they will call him over to look for something. I hope they are gone that would be great for us car lovers. If anything happens to my 1uz I am going to go 2jzgte so it would be nice not to have to worry but with **** california smog laws, unlikly they will stay down for long.
Old 04-22-10, 07:57 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

california wants to save money? get rid of your REF! and BAR! /signed
Old 04-22-10, 10:18 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC GS400
Well Riverside county is not using them, from what he told me last night. They havent had them for a while almost a year from what he said. He usually works the DUI check points and is the lead motor (bike cop) at those check points so if you have a tricked out car and you are mouthing off then they will call him over to look for something. I hope they are gone that would be great for us car lovers. If anything happens to my 1uz I am going to go 2jzgte so it would be nice not to have to worry but with **** california smog laws, unlikly they will stay down for long.

I saw riverside an I lost conscious for a few seonds... That's how frightened I
by riverside, after they molested my car.
Old 08-09-10, 03:47 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bump for anymore info please. what about bringing an out of state boosted car into cali. im not gunna openly ask where to smog cause i know it wont get answered, i have a smog guy. but registering at the dmv and what not. what should i do?
Old 08-09-10, 04:30 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

when i registered my car i just paid for it.. signed papers n done.. they didnt pop the hood or check the car. of course this was with AAA....
Old 08-09-10, 05:41 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

that perfect cause i got AAA and i was worried about the insurance co poppin the hood.
Old 08-09-10, 05:43 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

how often would i have to smog a 7 year old car anyway
Old 08-09-10, 05:58 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Mv350
bump for anymore info please. what about bringing an out of state boosted car into cali. im not gunna openly ask where to smog cause i know it wont get answered, i have a smog guy. but registering at the dmv and what not. what should i do?
Most newer cars are 50 state legal, so you shouldn't have to get an inspection to register it. You'll need to get it smogged and do a title transfer just like when you buy any other car.

Originally Posted by Mv350
how often would i have to smog a 7 year old car anyway
Smog starts on the 6th year from the original manufacture date, and every other year after, so you'll need to smog it every other year from the original manufacture date after the 6th year. If its a 2003, then you'll need to have the car smogged in 2009, 2011, 2013. You'll also need the car smogged right when you try to register it.

Quick Reply: Boostin and Cops