CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

I hate lexus santa monica

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-10, 02:39 PM
andrewshu3
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I hate lexus santa monica

[rant] Brought my car in for rear bumper damage repair and for rattles in driver side vent and glove compartment, as well as aux jack tsib and turning off DRLs.

after the adjoining body shop LA Car Guy was finished with my car, they brought it over to the service center on thursday.

Service manager D***** tells me that since DRLs are a customizable feature that Lexus usually pays them 46 dollars to change, they would have to charge me that as well. I decline. (5 min procedure with their scan tool)

He then tells me everything will be ready for pickup on friday.
friday he calls me and tells me he needed to order a part for the aux jack tsib, car will be ready saturday.
saturday I call him 4 times, once every hour and leave 3 voicemails until he finally calls back and says

"oops its 2pm, body shop has closed so we cant release your car to you till monday after you pay your deductible. Oh btw, we didnt fix any of your rattles because since you installed an ipod integration kit on your own, the rattles wont be covered under warranty. we couldnt detect the driver side vent rattle either. we got that aux jack fixed though."

BS they couldnt detect the driver side vent rattle. that thing rattles at 20 mph on surface streets. monday im gonna ask him to ride in my car and Ill find a nice uneven road to show him that rattle. or maybe ill just take my car and future business to another dealership.[/rant]

Good bye lexus santa monica.
Old 04-24-10, 02:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i wouldn't even bother to give them a test ride, they are probably deaf anyway

just take it to another dealership that cares about customers
Old 04-24-10, 03:15 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm me if you want to go see my friend over at keyes lexus he will do your rattles and your DLRs no questions asked.
Old 04-24-10, 03:48 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats a bummer man, im sorry to hear. hit up windex, he is a good guy!
Old 04-24-10, 04:16 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

my gf and i were there yesterday to check out some of their selection, in particular the MRM rx450h for my mom. their service was not up to standard of some of the other lexus dealerships ive been to. the receptionist was clearly unorganized and taking plenty of personal calls, not to mention a lack of basic knowledge about the dealer itself (where restrooms and the inventory were located). the salespeople were fair- not very hospitable but at least courteous. but i too have heard bad things about the service dept at lexus of santa monica, mainly from friends who've had work done on their cars.

but $46 for the DRL turnoff seems rather high. i know that even though it was well beyond the 12 month timeframe, i asked them to turnoff my DRL's and they had no problem getting it done- for free. but do check out keyes first, as windex stated. they might be able to do it for free there. best of luck man!
Old 04-24-10, 04:27 PM
andrewshu3
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What irks me the most is the service manager's "I'm doing a favor for you just by servicing it" and general "just getting through the day" attitude. Gonna hit up keyes on wednesday.
Old 04-24-10, 08:30 PM
Jasbmo
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you really want to make a point, go to lacarguy.com, submit a "testimonial" or anywhere you can send a message, and ask for someone to contact you immediately.

my girlfriend was having an extremely difficult time with santa monica volkswagen, so i submitted a "testimonial" politely requesting someone contact me immediately regarding my service. i received a call a few hours later from mike sullivan, the guy at the top of all la car guy dealerships. he had his gm at volkswagen personally take care of the issue.

it was truly phenomenal and extremely generous of mike sullivan to do this. unfortunately, not all of his staff exemplify the level of customer support as he does.
Old 04-24-10, 09:09 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 118 Likes on 88 Posts

What sup with the City of Santa Monica... It's a rich area, it should be service with pleasure..
Old 04-24-10, 09:55 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

while i had a great purchase experience with lexus of santa monica, the service experience left a lot to be desired.
Old 04-24-10, 10:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
What sup with the City of Santa Monica... It's a rich area, it should be service with pleasure..
sometimes it's the opposite. when they know you got money to spend....