CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

First Accident :( Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-10, 02:35 PM
LexusHoe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Accident :( Help!!

I've only had my '09 IS 250 for about 1 year and I already got into my first accident I was stopped at a red light and I see the girl driving a corolla coming at me at about 15-20 mph and not slowing down. I knew i was going to get hit and i was just thinking omg fml! The impact was pretty hard but when i checked the damage it didnt look as bad as i thought. The bumper wasn't bumped in but there was clear damage to the bumper ... at least to me. There's like 2 or 3 chips of paint the size of a quarter from the girl's bumper and a scratch about 6" long. This is the first time i've ever gotten into a car accident so i don't know what I'm supposed to do. She is paying for the repairs so i'm just wondering what i should do. I want to repair it to brand new and get a new rear bumper. I live in Irvine and i was wondering where is a good body shop i can go to to get this fixed. Can someone suggest a good one around the area. Thanks!
Old 05-15-10, 04:55 PM
TrackMonky
Driver

k&w autobody in walnut
Old 05-15-10, 06:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

first sorry to hear that

make sure you yourself is ok, no neck injury or anything

do not underestimate the damage. the bumper is very flexible and it can be crushed and will just pop back out like that. but the foam underneath or some other brackets could be bent.
Old 05-15-10, 09:53 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

make sure u get that fixed asap. the reason is cause u only have so much time you ren report the accident. So if the other person decides to flake on you, u maybe be out of that date range.
Old 05-15-10, 09:58 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

im sorry to hear this happen to you. definitely get it fixed asap. maybe even the lexus dealership would be fine, seeing as how it wouldnt be a cost to you, and you'd get a temporary ride in the meantime. when you mean she's paying for the repairs, are you talking through insurance? because with insurance, body shops will restore it to the OEM condition- checking to see not only that the bumper is fine but also the padding and bracing behind it, as rominl stated earlier, is all intact and fine. best of luck!
Old 05-15-10, 10:11 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...sorry to hear. Did you get a police report? It's not necessary but not a bad idea in your case.
Old 05-16-10, 12:27 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TrackMonky
k&w autobody in walnut
i've seen a lip kit these guys put on, honestly i wasn't impressed at all. seen alot cleaner, meticulous work done
Old 05-16-10, 01:11 PM
D1GP
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Check out PlatinumVIP, they are very reputable amongst CL members. They do an excellent job on restoring accident vehicles, definitely check them out and put them in consideration.

PlatinumVIP
4875 Rivergrade Road
Irwindale, CA

626 472- 7847

Ask for Kennedy
Old 05-16-10, 01:37 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

+1 for Platinum VIP.
Old 05-17-10, 09:25 PM
LexusHoe
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys I appreciate the help. That was exactly the info i was inquiring. Yeah luckily i was not injured and the impact was not that hard. And I didn't get a police report since i figured it was a small scratch it wasn't worth calling the police ... but maybe i should've? Had to wait this whole weekend to try and figure things out. Lame how body shops close early on sat and don't open on sundays x( lucky me .. I had to wait till today to try and call around and get an estimate but I didn't know who to call except Backyard Creation which i found from the forum, but the number that i found from the forum doesn't work so i guess he either has a new number or is not in business anymore? Couldn't find any info online =/ But i will try Platinum VIP and see what they say. thx >.<
Old 05-18-10, 01:33 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

precision auto collision 949-364-2600
27882 camino capistrano
laguna niguel, ca
i have had my car worked on there. and have sent quite a few people there, im actually going there in a couple weeks to get paint work done. ask for Fred, its my dad.
Old 05-18-10, 07:27 AM
lapdrn
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusHoe
I've only had my '09 IS 250 for about 1 year and I already got into my first accident I was stopped at a red light and I see the girl driving a corolla coming at me at about 15-20 mph and not slowing down. I knew i was going to get hit and i was just thinking omg fml! The impact was pretty hard but when i checked the damage it didnt look as bad as i thought. The bumper wasn't bumped in but there was clear damage to the bumper ... at least to me. There's like 2 or 3 chips of paint the size of a quarter from the girl's bumper and a scratch about 6" long. This is the first time i've ever gotten into a car accident so i don't know what I'm supposed to do. She is paying for the repairs so i'm just wondering what i should do. I want to repair it to brand new and get a new rear bumper. I live in Irvine and i was wondering where is a good body shop i can go to to get this fixed. Can someone suggest a good one around the area. Thanks!
LONGO LEXUS in EL MONTE. Anyway she is the one paying for the damages. your car will look brand new.
Old 05-18-10, 11:13 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

1) You do not need a police report. Sometimes, the police will not even write a report for a non-injury accident. The damage to the rear of your car is sufficient proof that the other driver rear-ended you.

2) As long as you got the other driver's insurance information, you'll be fine.

3) Insurance companies sometimes like to tell you that you can only go to bodyshops on their list of providers. It doesn't happen as much as it used to, but it is not true. You can take the car anywhere you want.

4) Unfortunately, Backyard is no longer operating due to the owner having to move last year. Platinum VIP has a good reputation, they are active in the community and at meets, and from what I have seen of their work, they are excellent.
Old 05-18-10, 05:30 PM
Platinum-VIP
Former Sponsor

+1 for Platinum VIP