CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

wheels stolen today..

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-10, 02:35 PM
bklynboi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that sucks man.......sorry
Old 05-26-10, 02:37 PM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ghettoaww
Wow this really sucks Dennis. Remember that you have distinct rashes on these wheels. I'll keep an eye out too. Sorry to see this happen to such a standup guy.
Thanks Andy. I hope I eventually find them on craigslist. I know those guys want to make a quick buck.. They all do.
Old 05-26-10, 02:57 PM
KpXMystic
Lead Lap

these are the reasons on why i am have 2 sets of wheel locks... damn suck *** that this happened to you, seriously karma is gonna get them back.
Old 05-26-10, 03:19 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn you serious?? wow.... i wish you luck on finding those rims but damn now i'm scared to goto r-side..
Old 05-26-10, 03:25 PM
Ehjay
Lexus Test Driver

dang, these kinds of things make me sick. hope karma goes around and bites those guys in the ***. if the wheels ever make it too hawaii ill look out for them.
Old 05-26-10, 03:42 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Ouch sorry to hear. Apt living sucks. Got my Z stolen from parking in our own apt last yr. Luckily they only took stupid radio, didn't even touch the wheels. Thank god I have a home with a garage. Hopefully insurance will take care of that for you. Move to a place more private with more private place to park. Back when I was a student I lived in a condo community with private driveways so it was safe(er).
Old 05-26-10, 04:13 PM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

I just got my stock wheels back on. Right side skirt is flaring out now thanks to that rock they left..
Old 05-26-10, 04:34 PM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

damn that sucks man. don worry some thieves aint so smart, got my car stolen and a week later cops caught them driving it around. karma will hit them hard, no doubt about that. good luck man.
Old 05-26-10, 05:01 PM
SickES350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KpXMystic
these are the reasons on why i am have 2 sets of wheel locks... damn suck *** that this happened to you, seriously karma is gonna get them back.
wheels locks are good enough to deter petty thieves... if they really want them.. nothing will stop them... they'll use the ultimate wheel lock remover... (power drill)..... =/

sucks to hear so much stuff is getting stolen now a days. times are hard.... everyone with nice rims should keep a good eye out on them... thieves will recognize them and realize they're worth big $$....
Old 05-26-10, 05:13 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

sorry to hear that man. any pics of the stolen wheels so we can keep an eye out?
Old 05-26-10, 05:58 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Frosty250
I park at my same apartment all the time. sometimes i switch spots but usually around the same area. I had mutekis on. i was waiting for summer to come so i can order Kics Neo chro but not gonna happen now. F@#K ... Insurance doesn't cover for aftermarket wheels do they?
You have full coverage they might cover you? I know my AAA does.

Something else.. i know its too late to say this but whenever I park with my VOLKS I turn my wheel fully to one side to lock the steering. I have rim locks and if anything they can only steal 2 rear rims. As the other 2 are blocked by the fenders and front bumper. Most people wont take it cuz you cant just sell 2 rims.

Again sorry for your lost. I would of pretty much went king kong on everyone.

Last edited by eliteskill; 05-26-10 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-26-10, 06:01 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

wow this sucks, so were those muteki's just tuner nuts or wheels locks ?

keep a look out on craigslist.

I park at my same apartment all the time. sometimes i switch spots but usually around the same area. I had mutekis on. i was waiting for summer to come so i can order Kics Neo chro but not gonna happen now. F@#K ... Insurance doesn't cover for aftermarket wheels do they?
Old 05-26-10, 06:21 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Wow it's been awhile since I've seen or heard of someone's wheels getting stolen and left on bricks. If the complex has cameras see if management can help you out. Also check out ebay, craig's list, etc. Some crooks are so stupid that they will try to sell to someone or a shop nearby in the area. Sorry for your loss and best of luck.
Old 05-26-10, 06:23 PM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KpXMystic
Yeah if I ever get another set of wheels I'm thinking of 2-3 different locks just to be safe.

Originally Posted by n0th1ng
damn you serious?? wow.... i wish you luck on finding those rims but damn now i'm scared to goto r-side..
Riverside is an average place. It's just there are low lives just wandering around the city that makes it a bad place.

Originally Posted by Ehjay
dang, these kinds of things make me sick. hope karma goes around and bites those guys in the ***. if the wheels ever make it too hawaii ill look out for them.
Thanks bro.

Originally Posted by KA8
Ouch sorry to hear. Apt living sucks. Got my Z stolen from parking in our own apt last yr. Luckily they only took stupid radio, didn't even touch the wheels. Thank god I have a home with a garage. Hopefully insurance will take care of that for you. Move to a place more private with more private place to park. Back when I was a student I lived in a condo community with private driveways so it was safe(er).
I'm probably going to move out to a house next year for school and garage it.

Originally Posted by dejavu157
damn that sucks man. don worry some thieves aint so smart, got my car stolen and a week later cops caught them driving it around. karma will hit them hard, no doubt about that. good luck man.
Yeah. I hope that happens.

Originally Posted by SickES350
wheels locks are good enough to deter petty thieves... if they really want them.. nothing will stop them... they'll use the ultimate wheel lock remover... (power drill)..... =/

sucks to hear so much stuff is getting stolen now a days. times are hard.... everyone with nice rims should keep a good eye out on them... thieves will recognize them and realize they're worth big $$....
They will do whatever it takes to make easy money.

Originally Posted by jadu
sorry to hear that man. any pics of the stolen wheels so we can keep an eye out?
Pictures of the wheels are here.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...e-offsets.html

Originally Posted by eliteskill
You have full coverage they might cover you? I know my AAA does.

Something else.. i know its too late to say this but whenever I park with my VOLKS I turn my wheel fully to one side to lock the steering. I have rim locks and if anything they can only steal 2 rear rims. As the other 2 are blocked by the fenders and front bumper. Most people wont take it cuz you cant just sell 2 rims.

Again sorry for your lost. I would of pretty much went king kong on everyone.
Yeah. I'll keep that in mind. I mean I didn't think something like this would happen but I guess some people are that low heh.

Originally Posted by mikemareen
wow this sucks, so were those muteki's just tuner nuts or wheels locks ?

keep a look out on craigslist.
They were tuner nuts. I was planning to get Kics in a few weeks. They were supposed to be temporary lugs..
Old 05-26-10, 06:56 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

University Village Apartments. I didn't add these wheels to my coverage. Eh.. Today's a nightmare..
someone hit and ran my friend's car when he lived there. there's just way too much spontaneous activity around that area that makes it unsafe.

Quick Reply: wheels stolen today..