CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

wheels stolen today..

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-10, 11:50 PM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordan_Inc
I'll definitely look out for you! this sucks
Thanks Jordan! Are you going to the meet this Friday?
Old 05-27-10, 12:05 AM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

I cannot stand it when **** like this happens, scumbags need to be eliminated..

Sorry for your loss man, those are sexy *** wheels, Def will keep an eye out for em
Old 05-27-10, 12:12 AM
bjlisiono
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dang..... I hope you catch them. Sorry to hear.
Old 05-27-10, 12:23 AM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frosty250
I park at my same apartment all the time. sometimes i switch spots but usually around the same area. I had mutekis on. i was waiting for summer to come so i can order Kics Neo chro but not gonna happen now. F@#K ... Insurance doesn't cover for aftermarket wheels do they?
I think insurance does cover up to $1000. Hell even stock is most of the time more expensive than aftermarket. Give it a try. I'm sure they'll reimburse you for it - deductible
Old 05-27-10, 12:33 AM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by masagsxr
I think insurance does cover up to $1000. Hell even stock is most of the time more expensive than aftermarket. Give it a try. I'm sure they'll reimburse you for it - deductible
I filed a police report already. Wouldn't that affect the insurance's investigation?
Old 05-27-10, 12:51 AM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Yes but I imagine only for your benefit. It should still be covered under your full coverage. Call them up tomorrow. They should cover the wheels/tires. Show them receipts or whatever. If you cant show them proof, you could probably go to the dealer and get some kind of quote for stock wheels/tires. They'd probably give you like a voided sample invoice for whatever it cost and you can show it to your insurance instead. It would be the same as them covering your stock wheels and they would based it on that price anyways. Again, it wouldn't hurt to try.

Good luck.
Old 05-27-10, 02:58 AM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

^ +1
i would do that too... even if you get some money from insurance company for the price of your stock than i think its better than nothing. and also i would get them to buy another side skirt too since its poped out a bit... and anyother visible damage to the car.. like door dings and stuff.. just say you found those after the incident..
Old 05-27-10, 08:39 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

if only the law will let me shoot them on site.. i mean shoot em playing bball... with a 12 gauge shotgun.. i mean basketball.
Old 05-27-10, 08:46 AM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by masagsxr
Yes but I imagine only for your benefit. It should still be covered under your full coverage. Call them up tomorrow. They should cover the wheels/tires. Show them receipts or whatever. If you cant show them proof, you could probably go to the dealer and get some kind of quote for stock wheels/tires. They'd probably give you like a voided sample invoice for whatever it cost and you can show it to your insurance instead. It would be the same as them covering your stock wheels and they would based it on that price anyways. Again, it wouldn't hurt to try.

Good luck.
Thanks for the advice man. I'll definitely try to work something out with insurance.

Originally Posted by n0th1ng
^ +1
i would do that too... even if you get some money from insurance company for the price of your stock than i think its better than nothing. and also i would get them to buy another side skirt too since its poped out a bit... and anyother visible damage to the car.. like door dings and stuff.. just say you found those after the incident..
Yeah man definitely. I rather take something than nothing right now. I won't be free until this weekend after I come back from school. Ugh.

Originally Posted by vwynn
if only the law will let me shoot them on site.. i mean shoot em playing bball... with a 12 gauge shotgun.. i mean basketball.
Only if the law allowed that.. ;/
Old 05-27-10, 09:23 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

I hope these low lifes get caught like the guy who recently got caught by the actual victim. The story and videos were posted here on CL. These people deserve to get locked up and fined because more than likely you were not they're first victim.

Good Luck
Old 05-27-10, 10:57 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

damn...sorry to see that bro...hope they get caught and good luck going forward!
Old 05-27-10, 11:19 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Doh.. that sucks man. Keep us posted on the insurance thing. I think I have a similar policy that covers about a G in aftermarket parts, but it'll interesting to see if they'll reimburse you like they were stock.

BTW - don't the Muteki's come with a unique shape for all the nuts? If so, I suspect that these criminals are insiders and have been eying your car for awhile... they were already prepped to take those off quickly.
Old 05-27-10, 11:36 AM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
I hope these low lifes get caught like the guy who recently got caught by the actual victim. The story and videos were posted here on CL. These people deserve to get locked up and fined because more than likely you were not they're first victim.

Good Luck
i would love to see them get caught or karma biting in the *** hard. even though i won't be able to see karma bite them in the ***. low lives don't deserve to live, they belong in jail.

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
damn...sorry to see that bro...hope they get caught and good luck going forward!
Thanks, i'm constantly looking around other forums and driving to see if anyone has them on.

Originally Posted by primecut
Doh.. that sucks man. Keep us posted on the insurance thing. I think I have a similar policy that covers about a G in aftermarket parts, but it'll interesting to see if they'll reimburse you like they were stock.

BTW - don't the Muteki's come with a unique shape for all the nuts? If so, I suspect that these criminals are insiders and have been eying your car for awhile... they were already prepped to take those off quickly.
Things happen in life. There are good people and there are bad. I'll eventually move on. I'm just furious and want revenge. Muteki come with an unique key but I'm pretty sure they checked out what they were up against before hand so they could find the right key to override it.
Old 05-27-10, 04:19 PM
Namster
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh man. That is just wrong! I know how you feel if my wheels got stolen like that. Some people got nothing better to do in life than go and steal things from other people. They will get what they deserve "what goes around comes around" as they say.

I see you're buying TPMS for your stockies. If you need to reprogram them for cheap, PM me. I just did mine like a month ago. Anyway, goodluck with ya!
Old 05-27-10, 06:20 PM
Lazy
Lexus Champion

Ill keep an eye out for these as well. next time get a few different sets of wheel locks for baller wheels..

Quick Reply: wheels stolen today..