CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Got Pulled Over on the Freeway for Tints

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-10, 07:01 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got Pulled Over on the Freeway for Tints

Last week I was driving my girl's 2007 Camry LE (stock) with 15% tint all around. I was in a caravan on the 5 South near San Onofre. I was driving completely normal and within the speed limit.

CHP gets behind me and stars blaring his lights. I pull over to the shoulder, and he gives me a freakin' front window tint ticket. On the freeway.

I know the state needs money but this is ridiculous. Anyways, what is the procedure is getting this fix it ticket taken care off? Is CHP different than city in regards to tickets? I got a front window tint ticket in LA and I got it written off by my homegirl's LEO buddy and I paid the ticket at my local courthouse.

Can I get this ticket written off? Where do I pay? Anybody have experience in handling fix it tickets when getting pulled over by the CHP on the freeway?

Thanks guys.
Old 06-16-10, 08:43 PM
MobbinVIP
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
Last week I was driving my girl's 2007 Camry LE (stock) with 15% tint all around. I was in a caravan on the 5 South near San Onofre. I was driving completely normal and within the speed limit.

CHP gets behind me and stars blaring his lights. I pull over to the shoulder, and he gives me a freakin' front window tint ticket. On the freeway.

I know the state needs money but this is ridiculous. Anyways, what is the procedure is getting this fix it ticket taken care off? Is CHP different than city in regards to tickets? I got a front window tint ticket in LA and I got it written off by my homegirl's LEO buddy and I paid the ticket at my local courthouse.

Can I get this ticket written off? Where do I pay? Anybody have experience in handling fix it tickets when getting pulled over by the CHP on the freeway?

Thanks guys.

If you wanna pay it you can pay the full amount & keep your tints & wait for another ticket.
Or you can remove the front tints show a CHP or law-enforcement pig..I mean cop. Have them right that you fixed it on your ride & just pay it as a fix it ticket.(which is alot cheaper)
Or this is the best thing for you...
find a doc. that you know
tell him that you have "sun allergy & you get sun spots"
if he buys your story he will give you a paper you will need to keep 24/7 on you when driving, giving you the right to limo(or15%) f***ing tint your windows all around!!!
If you do that show it to the court when you go to pay,
They will dismiss your ticket & if a cop ever pulls you over for tints again
He can suck on it
GL finding a doc. to write that up for you
I use to know one that did it for $100, but not anymore
Old 06-16-10, 08:51 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Know any CHP or Sheriff's? they can sign it off for you.
Old 06-16-10, 08:53 PM
MobbinVIP
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by t0e
Yea that's true
That's another option
Old 06-16-10, 09:16 PM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks...but its been the law for quite sometime now, u can take off the 2 front window tint and then get it signed off..unless u know someone that can sign it off for u
Old 06-16-10, 10:48 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Just forge the damn signature yourself.. nah just kidding.
Old 06-16-10, 11:13 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

damn, this sucks. im all paranoid when i drive on the freeway now, but i knew it would be more prevalent considering how poor cali is right now. so many people getting fix it tickets that ultimately brings in huge revenue for the cities and counties.
Old 06-16-10, 11:14 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by t0e
Originally Posted by LexusGSF
Yea that's true
That's another option
i thought chp can only sign off chp and other agency's can only sign off their own?

+ dont chp have a specific stamp they use as well, when signing off?

i could be wrong too.
Old 06-16-10, 11:16 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

If you wanna pay it you can pay the full amount & keep your tints & wait for another ticket.
Or you can remove the front tints show a CHP or law-enforcement pig..I mean cop. Have them right that you fixed it on your ride & just pay it as a fix it ticket.(which is alot cheaper)
if he buys your story he will give you a paper you will need to keep 24/7 on you when driving, giving you the right to limo(or15%) f***ing tint your windows all around!!!
He can suck on it
i have never heard that one before
Old 06-16-10, 11:55 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

He spotted you easily because your tint is too dark... 15% is almost like limo tint. Either get lighter tints in the front or get them off. Sorry to hear bro. GL.
Old 06-16-10, 11:58 PM
V8RdnLow
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He can suck on it
Let me ask the doctor at work if he'll do it, i'll let you know
Old 06-17-10, 01:04 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jadu
i have never heard that one before
There is nothing in the vehicle code that dismisses tint for medical reasons.

There was one story on here where a lady actually had a real medical condition which required tint and had a letter from the governor giving her exemption.
Old 06-17-10, 04:13 AM
tcr101
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm

focus mainly on

"(10) Sun screening devices meeting the requirements of Section 26708.2 installed on the side windows on either side of the vehicle's front seat, if the driver or a passenger in the front seat has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed physician and surgeon certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a medical condition, or has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed optometrist certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a visual condition. The devices authorized by this paragraph shall not be used during darkness. "
Old 06-17-10, 06:22 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and when i go back to the eye doctor i will be asking her to sign one of these for me. shes been my opt. for like 10-12 years, im pretty sure she will i dont wanna take my 5% off.
Old 06-17-10, 07:16 AM
psd112
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
He spotted you easily because your tint is too dark... 15% is almost like limo tint. Either get lighter tints in the front or get them off. Sorry to hear bro. GL.
Agreed. Not to be a di**, but that tint on all 5 does attract a lot of attention, and really, its pretty damn dark.

Is is that dark for solar protection or for looks? If its for solar protection, the increase in heat rejection is pretty marginal between 32% to 15%. I know this because my brother wanted to go 15% all around, but I, and my tint guy were able to talk him out of it, citing the very marginal increase in heat rejection ( i think its about 3-4%) isn't worth the hassle from the PD.

Quick Reply: Got Pulled Over on the Freeway for Tints