CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Front License Plate Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-10, 11:14 AM
Jordan_Inc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front License Plate Tickets

Anyone know how much they are nowdays? I heard it's different from cities to cities. How does it work?
Old 07-14-10, 11:20 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

mine was 25 last year, but ive heard from quite a few members and some friends outside the forums that the penalty has increased significantly since that time. you could just pay the fine and not have the front plate installed, or it would be a fee-reduced fine by having an officer sign it off, showing the installation of the front plate. but its rare to get picked for just no front plate...typically cops sniff around your car for other non-compliances. my buddy in irvine got picked for no front plate, tint, exhaust, and pink fogs, and slightly bluish headlights. she got the front plate signed off, tint removed (then put back on after), exhaust removed (havent re-installed yet), and the headlights/foglights have gone back to stock.
Old 07-14-10, 11:25 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

You get a ticket and you mail in the fine. However, the ticket will allow you to put the plate on and go to a local police/sheriff station to have it signed off showing that you put the plate back on. Then you will pay 10.00 only .
Old 07-14-10, 12:11 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you supposed to sign anything at the time they pull you over for fix its? Or do they just tell you "this is illegal, this and this" and send you something in the mail later? Cause I never signed anything when he pulled me over...which I thought was strange.
Old 07-14-10, 12:17 PM
PK_Celsior
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Are you supposed to sign anything at the time they pull you over for fix its? Or do they just tell you "this is illegal, this and this" and send you something in the mail later? Cause I never signed anything when he pulled me over...which I thought was strange.
I believe your suppose to sign the ticket after they finish writing say that you agreed with why the officer gave you the ticket or something.

i know in sd fix it ticket for that would be $25 after putting your plate back on and having an officer sign it!!!!
Old 07-14-10, 12:26 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ interesting....this cop just verbally said "you have no front plate and your tint is illegal"...I know he was a noob because I could hear him being trained over a speaker, then he just took off real quick and said I'll get something in the mail. I never saw or signed any ticket =(
Old 07-14-10, 12:27 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

You never sign that you agree with the officer. That's not what it means. The signature is an acknowledgement that you were cited. It is basically a promise to appear in court or pay fines, etc.
Old 07-14-10, 01:34 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

I think I need to get ready to do that mod that Jerry did for his SC. Cops are starting to crack down even harder.
Old 07-15-10, 09:56 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cost me around $50 in Alhambra and $40 in San Gabriel few months ago.
Old 07-15-10, 11:17 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegresS
^^ interesting....this cop just verbally said "you have no front plate and your tint is illegal"...I know he was a noob because I could hear him being trained over a speaker, then he just took off real quick and said I'll get something in the mail. I never saw or signed any ticket =(
thats great jenn! hopefully your ticket-less streak shall continue after all!
Old 07-16-10, 03:49 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got one parked outside on the street near lax.
Old 07-16-10, 04:04 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny, The zipties holding my front plates onto my bumper just snapped right off at a meet tonight...Reading this thread just motivates me to mount it up again.
Old 07-16-10, 11:43 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

I don't think it's $10 fee any longer (w/ signed off)... heck nothing is $10 or less with them now dayz...... CHP cited my friend for "tint", she paid $25 with signed off ticket!

GL

J
Old 07-16-10, 11:55 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

In DIamond Bar/ Walnut its 10.00.
Old 07-16-10, 12:00 PM
IS250HuNnY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
mine was 25 last year, but ive heard from quite a few members and some friends outside the forums that the penalty has increased significantly since that time. you could just pay the fine and not have the front plate installed, or it would be a fee-reduced fine by having an officer sign it off, showing the installation of the front plate. but its rare to get picked for just no front plate...typically cops sniff around your car for other non-compliances. my buddy in irvine got picked for no front plate, tint, exhaust, and pink fogs, and slightly bluish headlights. she got the front plate signed off, tint removed (then put back on after), exhaust removed (havent re-installed yet), and the headlights/foglights have gone back to stock.
wait PINK FOGS? hahahahahahah i just had to comment on that

im pretty sure its $25 in OC

Quick Reply: Front License Plate Tickets