CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Post Office and Lost Packages?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-10, 10:22 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I contact the seller, hes going try to call the post office himself and see whats up. Im pretty sure im screwed tho since he didnt get a signature request or insurance. I think Im going have to eat $200 bucks now....

I asked him why he didnt get it for a value of this package and he sayed he never needed to didnt have a problem. Which myself I never had a problem with my post office before. He sayed he sent it to the right address as well.
Old 07-23-10, 10:33 AM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eliteskill
Yea I contact the seller, hes going try to call the post office himself and see whats up. Im pretty sure im screwed tho since he didnt get a signature request or insurance. I think Im going have to eat $200 bucks now....

I asked him why he didnt get it for a value of this package and he sayed he never needed to didnt have a problem. Which myself I never had a problem with my post office before. He sayed he sent it to the right address as well.
Well if this guy was an honest guy, the only way to make it right is to he return at least half of the money. Both people take a lost.
Old 07-23-10, 11:18 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Sucks. I've had this happen as well.

Signature confirmation always and better to have it sent registered. Insurance is only good if you can produce receipts to show value to said items. If not, they won't pay. Think mail fraud organized between parties. They want to verify before just throwing out compensation and it will take time for them to investigate the situation.
Old 07-23-10, 12:38 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear this....

IMO, seller's not gonna pay you back the $200 or even half of it.

(1) You should double check with your postman and make sure that he dropped it off @ your front door not elsewhere.

(2) Make sure that your seller used the right address.

(3) IF they (postman) did drop it off @ your place and confirms it, then definitely someone walked by and jacked it !!!

GL bro....
Old 07-23-10, 01:58 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Initial_K
Well if this guy was an honest guy, the only way to make it right is to he return at least half of the money. Both people take a lost.
Not sure if thats fair (my opinion only). Seller getting insurance for it is for him just being nice if the buyer didn't request for it. Buyer should have requested this as they were making the deal. I think it was only a buck or $2 to get insurance.

Anyway, I hope the package turns up. The good thing about this is that there is a confirmation number that USPS can track. Hope that helps.
Old 07-23-10, 03:11 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

I talked to the seller, I told him I cant really blame him if he shipped it to the correct address. Which I cant confirm and I have to trust his word. =/. Also I wished he shipped with signature confirmation which he didnt.

I dont know what to do anymore. USPS told me no insurance no signature confirmation and the delivery guy confirmed he delievered it means no claim can be opened.

I have had no problems with USPS in my city ever, and the only thing I could think of is that the seller sent it to the wrong address but I cant prove that as I dont have the address he put on the package and I dont have the package -_-, and he tells me he used the one on my paypal which is the right one.

I dont want to open a dispute on paypal cause hes a club lexus member and maybe he did send everything correctly and maybe I did get the package stolen from my front door. However I dont want to be out $$$ because I did nothing wrong as well.

My friends told me like paypal and ebay it is the sellers 100% responsibility to get the package to you and confirmed you got it with something that shows your address is correct. This stupid delivery confirmation only shows the CITY AND ZIP!?!??! wtf It should show my full address!!!

=/

Last edited by eliteskill; 07-23-10 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-23-10, 07:32 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

That sucks bro... Yeah that is what's really bad about USPS confirmation. It is only the city, state zip. They have got to fix this and make it like UPS/FedEx tracking where all the info is there even tho signature is not required upon delivery.

Well, hope you can work something out with the seller.
Old 07-23-10, 08:44 PM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Wtf? It only showed you city and zip? That's bull man. Most tracking should show the full address to where it's shipped. Did you try asking your neighbors if they have your package?

Originally Posted by eliteskill
I talked to the seller, I told him I cant really blame him if he shipped it to the correct address. Which I cant confirm and I have to trust his word. =/. Also I wished he shipped with signature confirmation which he didnt.

I dont know what to do anymore. USPS told me no insurance no signature confirmation and the delivery guy confirmed he delievered it means no claim can be opened.

I have had no problems with USPS in my city ever, and the only thing I could think of is that the seller sent it to the wrong address but I cant prove that as I dont have the address he put on the package and I dont have the package -_-, and he tells me he used the one on my paypal which is the right one.

I dont want to open a dispute on paypal cause hes a club lexus member and maybe he did send everything correctly and maybe I did get the package stolen from my front door. However I dont want to be out $$$ because I did nothing wrong as well.

My friends told me like paypal and ebay it is the sellers 100% responsibility to get the package to you and confirmed you got it with something that shows your address is correct. This stupid delivery confirmation only shows the CITY AND ZIP!?!??! wtf It should show my full address!!!

=/
Old 07-23-10, 09:20 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

technically hes responsible. insurance is for the shippers own protection. it is not the buyers responsibility to request insurance. if the package doesnt get to the receiver, its the shippers problem. you dont see an option on amazon.com or dell.com to purchase insurance do you? no because they always add it automatically.
Old 07-23-10, 09:48 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Frosty250
Wtf? It only showed you city and zip? That's bull man. Most tracking should show the full address to where it's shipped. Did you try asking your neighbors if they have your package?
I went to all my adjacent neighbors and asked they didnt see anything. =(

Originally Posted by soupdawg
technically hes responsible. insurance is for the shippers own protection. it is not the buyers responsibility to request insurance. if the package doesnt get to the receiver, its the shippers problem. you dont see an option on amazon.com or dell.com to purchase insurance do you? no because they always add it automatically.
Hm.. good point.. but I doubt paypal will side with me if I do open a dispute because the delivery confirmation says its delivered to my city, zip. It does not say my specific address. I am kinda mad he didnt get signature required.
Old 07-23-10, 11:06 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

just want to point out that for both paypal and ebay, the seller needs to show that the item was SHIPPED to the correct address (a copy of the USPS label, for example), insurance is NOT a requirement, and is NOT the responsibility of the seller. that's why many ebay auctions have an ADDITIONAL FEE for insurance. sorry, but at the end of the day you could have requested insurance or signature confirmation, and it is not the responsibility of the seller to do more than the bare minimum of shipping it to the proper address.

Could the seller have done more? sure, he could have insisted upon signature confirmation or insurance (i do), and he would have every right to charge you extra for them, but he is not REQUIRED to do so.

its bad luck, but i wouldn't say that the seller should have to pay for it.
Old 07-24-10, 12:52 AM
soupdawg
Pole Position

lol wrong. its the responsibility of the seller to ensure the item gets to the buyer. until the item reaches the buyers hand they are liable for what happens to the package. if the item never reaches the buyer then the seller either has to ship another or issue a refund. all companies insure their packages for this reason. ugh these guys dont know ****.

and heres an ebay forum post you can read regarding this. these sellers know whats up
http://forums.ebay.com/thread.jspa?t...rue&print=true

Last edited by soupdawg; 07-24-10 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-24-10, 01:05 AM
soupdawg
Pole Position

and ebay auctions no longer list insurance cost separate like it used to and give buyers the option to buy or not buy. you know why? because it doesnt matter if they choose to buy it or not. seller is still liable.

from ebay

What you're not allowed to charge

Insurance: You can't charge a separate fee for insurance, although you still need to make sure your item arrives as described.

Tip: You should incorporate any insurance fees into an item's price or handling cost.

k thread over.
Old 07-24-10, 01:22 AM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by soupdawg
lol wrong. its the responsibility of the seller to ensure the item gets to the buyer. until the item reaches the buyers hand they are liable for what happens to the package. if the item never reaches the buyer then the seller either has to ship another or issue a refund. all companies insure their packages for this reason. ugh these guys dont know ****.
+1 with PureDrifter

You are talking about big companies soupdawg. This is a simple deal between two individual. I'm sure eliteskill has bought tons of stuff online. We are all aware of "shipping cost". Insurance is always optional at buyer's expense. If the seller on the other hand has his own retail store or something, then it will be a good idea for that seller to insure the package just due to the fact that the person receiving it can simply say "hey i didn't get the package". The seller can then deal with USPS and get the amount of what the package is insured for and then send another package. It is not always good to waive getting insurance just to save a few bucks. This is just going to be one of those lesson learned if the package does not turn up.

Hope you can work something out with the seller tho Johnny.... Maybe double check the address from the seller (shipper). Maybe there was a typo with the street name or address. Some common mistake is if your street has like North, South, West, East... Maybe it was shipped on the other side along the street.

Last edited by masagsxr; 07-24-10 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-24-10, 01:37 AM
soupdawg
Pole Position

lol and why would size of company matter? the responsibility is still the same regardless.

this is from ebay

You're not allowed to say that you're not responsible for item delivery or ensuring that the item is delivered as described. For example, we don't allow statements like "I am not responsible for the item once it's dropped in the mail."

as clear as day. seller is responsible. simple deal between two individuals.
read up
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...practices.html

Quick Reply: Post Office and Lost Packages?