CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Post Office and Lost Packages?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-10, 02:09 AM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because those big companies have more to loose. Again this is between two individual just selling some personal items among each other trying to get a reasonable deal. Everyone gets shipping quotes all the time and insurance is always extra. If I try to buy something from you and asked for how much the shipping cost, will you tell me like $20 insured. You will probably say yes but I'm thinking 80% would say no and say something like $20.... thats it and totally overlooked at getting it insured or to more experienced ones who ship stuff all the time would say "$20 and whatever the insurance is".

Clearly ebay have made changes in their policy and thanks for that. I've bought 200+ items on ebay and its just today that I find out that seller should include insurance with the shipping. I've always seen shipping then insurance optional for as far as I could remember hehehehehe.

Well, confirmation number from USPS says its been shipped. Now its really getting to that mailman where he delivered it to. They should definitely include the name/address on that confirmation tho and maybe that is something to ***** about with USPS.
Old 07-24-10, 02:27 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

the reason they dont include the name/precise address is because then there's a privacy issue. If say someone loses their receipt, the tracking number is all that's needed to find out when/where something is. i sure as hell wouldnt want whoever managed to find/steal my receipt to know where i live/when my packages are coming.

the following applies to most paypal transactions OUTSIDE of eBay for the SELLER protections offered, in case a INR is filed against the seller. the seller must:
paypal user agreement, section 11.3, part a:
-You must ship the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details Page.
paypal user agreement, section 11.3, part b:
-You must have a Proof of Delivery as described below.
paypal offers a COMPLAINT policy for claims outside of eBay, you do NOT get covered by their buyer protection policy, which is exclusively for eBay transactions. see Paypal user agreement section 13.5.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/ma...0for%20Sellers.

also to note, paypal makes NO REFERENCE to the inclusion of insurance outside of eBay transactions, and specifies that (for a seller to show proof of delivery) regular online proof of delivery is fine for items up to $249.99, with any transaction beyond $250.00 requiring signature confirmation in order for the seller to show proof of delivery. (section 11.4)

i've dealt with both stupid sellers and buyers on paypal and eBay. paypal has little to no protection for buyers outside of eBay, but their user agreement agrees with me in that provided a seller does prove that he has shipped the item to the proper address and it has been delivered according to the delivery service, he has fulfilled his end of the transaction and is no longer liable.
Old 07-24-10, 10:19 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPS and Fedex give you a receipt that shows you the full name and specific address you shipped too. I have shipped things many things and I remember they do.

However I dont remember USPS doing this at all. I think whenever they ship something they just gave me a dumb delivery confirmation number and a reciept on how much I payed.

Anywho day 3 and still nothing...... Seller hasnt gotten back to me yet.
Old 07-27-10, 11:35 AM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eliteskill
UPS and Fedex give you a receipt that shows you the full name and specific address you shipped too. I have shipped things many things and I remember they do.

However I dont remember USPS doing this at all. I think whenever they ship something they just gave me a dumb delivery confirmation number and a reciept on how much I payed.

Anywho day 3 and still nothing...... Seller hasnt gotten back to me yet.
Yes that's correct, UPS or FedEx usually give you a tracking number and it shows the specific address it was deliveried to. With USPS, the delivery confirmation is useless.

Was the seller here on CL?
Old 07-27-10, 01:12 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Yep Seller is on CL. He is in contact with me tho. I confirmed with the post office that it was shipped to the wrong address. I even went to the address and asked if they received any packages last week that did not show anyones name that lives with them, but the dad and son sayed nope. =/

I need to make sure who is at fault tho if USPS typed it into the system incorrectly and dropped it off or if the Seller wrote the address wrong on the package. The seller told me he wrote it correctly. The lady at USPS has been very nice to help me out to talk to the driver and ask him how he delievered it again.

Basically they dont wanna be blamed for it. So I hope the driver can confirm it was not his fault and he went with what was on the package. Im thinking the Seller wrote it down wrong, as I NEVER had problems with my USPS before in my city.