CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Front License Plate Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-10, 12:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus999
about a month ago

around 2 in the morning i zipped through that mall and did cali stop at a stop sign. they had security guard who turned on his yellow flashing lights??? LOLOLOL like im gonna stop for that!!!! not only did i took off but i peeled out and caught something metal that flung out hit the rent-a-cop windhield hard!!! so if they are acting like a-holes.. I think im the one to blame for that..... sorry
and you think you were the cool one? growing up definitely takes time
Old 09-14-10, 10:28 PM
Lexus999
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
and you think you were the cool one? growing up definitely takes time

whatever dude... its not like i did that on purpose... I was just trying to get away... dont act like your on some type of high horse or anything becuase someone does something wrong every now and then and you never did... ya sure you can go on and on about how "I should have stopped at the sign fully" or act like some kind driver ed teacher on this board but the fact is that you cant becuase im sure you are guilty just as well for doing a california stop and never got caught for it...

where did I say in my post that "Im the cool one" i said i was sorry for if security are acting like aholes.

spare me the "Im better and more mature than you response" k!
Old 09-14-10, 11:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

whatever dude... its not like i did that on purpose... I was just trying to get away... dont act like your on some type of high horse or anything becuase someone does something wrong every now and then and you never did... ya sure you can go on and on about how "I should have stopped at the sign fully" or act like some kind driver ed teacher on this board but the fact is that you cant becuase im sure you are guilty just as well for doing a california stop and never got caught for it...

where did I say in my post that "Im the cool one" i said i was sorry for if security are acting like aholes.

look at your attitude, that says so much. how about making a complete stop at stop sign? i guess it must be too hard for you. i am no saint, but i don't "brag" like you did anyway.

however you put it, you aren't making yourself look any better here. don't want to hear response like mine next time? don't post
Old 09-15-10, 12:25 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

about a month ago

around 2 in the morning i zipped through that mall and did cali stop at a stop sign. they had security guard who turned on his yellow flashing lights??? LOLOLOL like im gonna stop for that!!!! not only did i took off but i peeled out and caught something metal that flung out hit the rent-a-cop windhield hard!!! so if they are acting like a-holes.. I think im the one to blame for that..... sorry
i'd beg to differ. here's why:

the security guard patrol wasn't trying to pull you over when he turned on his yellow lights; he was trying to get you to leave the property, as you were probably not supposed to be there at 2 in the morning. i think that's fully within their duty to do so. that, and you weren't supposed to be zipping around the parking lot at that hour anyways.

hypothetically speaking, had that piece of metal caused bodily injury or noticeable property damage, the mall property owner/management and/or the security company have the right to seek criminal/civil action against you. all they needed to do is to get your license plate number as you're peeling off and away and traced it back to you if they really wanted to.

btw, this thread was about getting no front plate tickets @ the local shopping malls. i'm sorry, but i just don't see how your experience has anything to do with the original topic.

but thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 09-15-10, 05:50 AM
LexFather

The average person in the U.K is on camera 300 times a day. In America we are not on camera as much but it is a growing trend as everyone is turning to it for cheap surveillance. So people think they got away with something but it's on camera and they had no idea about it.

FYI
Old 09-15-10, 09:19 AM
Lexus999
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The average person in the U.K is on camera 300 times a day. In America we are not on camera as much but it is a growing trend as everyone is turning to it for cheap surveillance. So people think they got away with something but it's on camera and they had no idea about it.

FYI
actually I read about that in the UK that they have surveilance everywhere... which i guess is a good thing saftey wise, accident wise, etc. I do see it happening here sometime in the future most likely with big metro cities like LA or SD etc.. but i doubt they would do it small suburbs the nation is just too big.. California alone would have to spend a fortune on that...

BTW... did you see that video of that UK woman dumping a cat in the trash can and she got caught on camera.... Now thats sick!!! that woman should fry for that
Old 09-15-10, 09:23 AM
Lexus999
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
look at your attitude, that says so much. how about making a complete stop at stop sign? i guess it must be too hard for you. i am no saint, but i don't "brag" like you did anyway.

however you put it, you aren't making yourself look any better here. don't want to hear response like mine next time? don't post
okay maybe this is why dont post much becuase my words on this site always get taken out of context... and i can see that... I usually post on a car forum where pretty much anything goes... really ANTHING GOES...its worst than 4chan...LOL... i lurk here becuase i have an ISF....so when i post i think im not offending anyone or trying to brag but again maybe i need to reword it...

but honestly im not trying to offend you/anyone nor am i trying to brag... truce..

Last edited by Lexus999; 09-15-10 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-15-10, 09:32 AM
Lexus999
Pole Position

Originally Posted by projectdna
i'd beg to differ. here's why:

the security guard patrol wasn't trying to pull you over when he turned on his yellow lights; he was trying to get you to leave the property, as you were probably not supposed to be there at 2 in the morning. i think that's fully within their duty to do so. that, and you weren't supposed to be zipping around the parking lot at that hour anyways.

hypothetically speaking, had that piece of metal caused bodily injury or noticeable property damage, the mall property owner/management and/or the security company have the right to seek criminal/civil action against you. all they needed to do is to get your license plate number as you're peeling off and away and traced it back to you if they really wanted to.

btw, this thread was about getting no front plate tickets @ the local shopping malls. i'm sorry, but i just don't see how your experience has anything to do with the original topic.

but thanks for sharing your experience.

the reason why i posted is because I saw puente Hills mall in the OP thread so i thought i would share...

the story in detail is... I saw a midnight showing of a movie and left my car there...usually during the Mid-Night showing i scarf down a hot dog and drink like 3 gallons of water.... after the movie I wanted to use the restroom but to my surprise the theater locked all the bathrooms except for one.. that one had 3 stalls and 8 people in line... I couldnt wait in line for the bathroom to take a leak...but shortly I realized this wasnt a leak for some reason that hotdog went straight to the number 2. SO this is why i jetted to my car and zipped through the mall so i can get to the closest denny's to handle my business...

as for the rent-a-cop... not sure what he was trying to do since I wasnt the only car in the lot that was moving. I was however moving quickly.... becuase my inside was moving quickly.

so thats the real reason.... not trying to prove anything nor was I trying to hurt anyone... but i prolly did hurt myself for eating that hotdog..
Old 09-15-10, 11:37 AM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

about a month ago

Funny story, I'm not a fan of mall security as well. Actually I'm not a fan of any type of security guard.
Old 09-15-10, 09:35 PM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I happen to read this tread for the 1st time last night and just my luck the very next morning on the way to work I get pulled over for tinted windows and no front license plate. CHP was on the shoulder leaving from just pulling someone else over for what ever reason and went out of his way to get me in traffic. I usually drive careful now since there is cops everywhere now a days since the state of Cali is so much in debt... I almost hit one jumping on the freeway the other day on a blind on ramp since he was chillen right on the shoulder where we would usually cut the corner there... i wasn't the only 1 the car in front and back of me almost hit the chipper too. Just be careful now at stop signs they are really being sneaky and hide behind park cars.
Old 09-18-10, 01:14 PM
ton3r
Pole Position

so i ziptied my license plate onto the lower grill of my car and i went to the sheriff station in city of industry to get it signed off and the guy told me i had to mount it on with metal not plastic lol.. so i drove straight to west covina sheriff station and got it signed off with my license plate still ziptied and had to pay $15
Old 09-18-10, 01:38 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ton3r
so i ziptied my license plate onto the lower grill of my car and i went to the sheriff station in city of industry to get it signed off and the guy told me i had to mount it on with metal not plastic lol.. so i drove straight to west covina sheriff station and got it signed off with my license plate still ziptied and had to pay $15
Well just leave it on ziptied even if it looks ugly just to give em one less reason to nick you for something... I just finally attached mine finally after not having a front plate for 13 years on any of my cars