CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Front License Plate Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-10, 11:57 AM
ton3r
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front License Plate Ticket

so i got a front license plate ticket yesterday night while PARKED at puente hills mall in front of round1 so be careful to those who go there.

ive also never gotten a fix it ticket before, anybody know what im supposed to do? i do not have any holes in my bumper to drill in my license plate so would i be able to just zip tie it into my lower grill?
Old 09-10-10, 12:06 PM
isam250
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

i zipped tied it to the grill just to show to i fixed it, then i just decided to drill it on the the bumper. didnt feel like getting more n more tickets
Old 09-10-10, 01:02 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Wow I didn't know you can get a ticket on private property.
Old 09-10-10, 01:10 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you can get a ticket on private property but if you don't know your rights, then thats just what it is. Even if you do, the cop will probably just wait for you to leave, follow you and give you a ticket on public road.
Old 09-10-10, 01:41 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ton3r
so i got a front license plate ticket yesterday night while PARKED at puente hills mall in front of round1 so be careful to those who go there.

ive also never gotten a fix it ticket before, anybody know what im supposed to do? i do not have any holes in my bumper to drill in my license plate so would i be able to just zip tie it into my lower grill?
sounds familiar.

was the citation from the city of industry parking enforcement agency?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...ills-mall.html

pay off the ticket instead of going through the hassle of attempting to mickey-mouse a front license plate solution, lest you want to find a more permanent solution.

Originally Posted by Initial_K
Wow I didn't know you can get a ticket on private property.
Originally Posted by masagsxr
I don't think you can get a ticket on private property but if you don't know your rights, then thats just what it is. Even if you do, the cop will probably just wait for you to leave, follow you and give you a ticket on public road.
although puente hills mall is private property (http://www.puentehills-mall.com/info/codeofconduct.cfm), because of its ease of access to the public, LA sheriffs and city of industry parking enforcement have a presence there. my guess is that there's probably some code that allows them to cite you for code violations - even if it is private property.

again, pay off the ticket and call it a day.

Last edited by projectdna; 09-10-10 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-10-10, 01:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

short answer is, even on private lot, law enforcement can enforce the law if they choose to. quick way to think about it is, if you go to a private lot, does that mean you can drift and do donut all day long?
Old 09-10-10, 01:57 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
short answer is, even on private lot, law enforcement can enforce the law if they choose to. quick way to think about it is, if you go to a private lot, does that mean you can drift and do donut all day long?
if its my own lot? why not? ........... I think law enforcement can only tell you to stop unless they get complaint from tenants which I guess gives them rights to then give tickets.
Old 09-10-10, 02:00 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

This is true. I was at Buena Park Mall, saw this one red SC parked face out with no license plate and he got ticketed and he wasnt even present.
Old 09-10-10, 02:06 PM
nairb
Driver

Was your car on when you got the ticket? or did you just come to your car to find a ticket? A car that is not on can not be given a ticket. Cops wouldn't give you a ticket for doing a photo shoot with your plates off. But if your keys were in the ignition...

Last edited by nairb; 09-10-10 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-10-10, 02:16 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by masagsxr
if its my own lot? why not? ........... I think law enforcement can only tell you to stop unless they get complaint from tenants which I guess gives them rights to then give tickets.
two factors:
- size
- accessibility to the public

the larger the lot, and the more accessible to the public it is, the more likely the local law/parking enforcement agencies will have a presence there.

Originally Posted by nairb
Was your car on when you got the ticket? or did you just come to your car to find a ticket? A car that is not on can not be given a ticket. Cops wouldn't give you a ticket for doing a photo shoot with your plates off. But if your keys were in the ignition...
it's a citation for a non-moving violation, not a traffic citation.
Old 09-10-10, 02:26 PM
tjcetanyan
Rookie

Similar situation in IA. Pay it. I get hassled daily by IL police, but my car is registered in IA. The law here only states that both front and rear must be attached to the vehicle, one in front, one in rear. So, I have my plate attached to the windshield from the inside.
Unfortunately, CA residents don't have that leisure, since there is a more detailed description. Pay it and hope the same cop doesn't ticket you again at that location. Or get it fixed permanently.
If they change the law here, it will only take me one ticket before I drill away...
Old 09-10-10, 02:54 PM
09starfire
Driver

this exact thing happened to me in National City (San Diego area). i was parked outside the mall and when i came back there was the ticket.
when i went to get the ticket signed off (after i put my license plate on), the officer in a different city (La Mesa) said it was odd that i got my ticket at the mall.
so at least i know that La Mesa police officers won't be giving these dumb tickets at the mall.
Old 09-10-10, 03:01 PM
MobbinVIP
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I got my "no front plates" ticket in front of my house at 2:30am! when it was raining hard!
If you have tints/no plates best thing is to park in your driveway
They can't touch you if your on your property
Other then that, most Cops/parking enforcement are after easy tickets
since the city/state needs money
I'm sick of fix it tickets
Old 09-10-10, 03:11 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

Now thats madness..
Old 09-10-10, 03:19 PM
MobbinVIP
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ton3r

You could use 3m double sided tape

Quick Reply: Front License Plate Ticket