CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Ticket for DRL'S, waaaccckkk

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-10, 11:51 AM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's ridiculous.. Fight it man. He's just jealous you have a nice car lol
Old 09-18-10, 11:59 AM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

^ LOL. I tell every cop that that gives me a ridiculous ticket. I know talking back to an officer isn't the smartest idea, especially when it will just encourage them to give you more fix it tickets, But i swear im getting fed up getting pulled over for the stupidest things. Ill understand no Front Plate, and window tints, but For DRLS? No i don't think so, especially when the cop is in the opposite lane and Busts a u Turn just to get you..

I had the chance to evade him ( turning into neighborhoods) but i chose not to, Because the second his lights went on, i thought ok another NO front PLate ticket, ill just show him the one i got last week so he can **** off. I wasn't expecting a ticket for my DRLS..
Old 09-18-10, 02:44 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ister
Maybe you should dim it down a bit. Since it's bright yellow, it might have that glare like high beam. That must be the reason why he stopped you.

I wonder what happens if the cop gives you a fix-it ticket for just stock DRL? And no matter how you explain it, he won't take it.
Agreed you drew attention to yourself by having super bright yellow drl it was only a matter of time until you get nicked for it.... Not to say I'm better than you as its only a matter of time till i get nicked for my front plate and my hids and tinted front windows
Old 09-19-10, 12:56 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TokerIS350
that sounds good too,
How long does that take? Do they charge for that? haha
20 minutes tops and no just go in and request they be turned off.
Old 09-19-10, 03:50 PM
Lazy
Lexus Champion

I see u driving all the time haha.. I drive with my yellow fogs on but never got pulled over for it.. Yeah valley cops are gay.. Cops will pull u over for anything right there.. Got a ticket for too low on stock air and pulled over for driving too close to the driver in front of me haha..
Old 09-19-10, 04:33 PM
FiSta
Lead Lap

Valley Blvd...from the 626 to the 909...I try to avoid driving down that street
Old 09-19-10, 05:11 PM
DaNiELx626
Lead Lap

What kind bulb are u running for ur DRL?
Old 09-19-10, 06:16 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by windex
20 minutes tops and no just go in and request they be turned off.
in the manual, it says the dealer is suppose to do it within the first 12 months of ownership. i went in about two months after that period had ended, and the service guy was trying to get me to pay for it ($20 if i recall). it was the dealer i bought my IS from, so i immediately went to the manager and asked if i really had to pay. he, of course said no, and apologized on behalf of the service guy for trying to get me to pay. it took about 15-20 mins, as windex stated, and the manager also gave me some exterior car care products to show how sorry he was. pretty cool, i thought.

Originally Posted by FiSta
Valley Blvd...from the 626 to the 909...I try to avoid driving down that street
i hear that. cops have cracked down along valley before, but even more so now. seriously, driving down from around rosemead into alhambra this past friday, there had to be at least six cars pulled to the side of main roads (rosemead, san gabriel, atlantic, etc). crazy stuff
Old 09-20-10, 05:35 PM
LILDANTE79
Lexus Test Driver

Wow this suxz.. a few ago I got pulled over and this **** was so racist! 1st words "do u speak english". Me and my grl were pulled out and searched for drugs and guns.. I was busted for tint and this happens.. I didn't know I was n arizona. Wish u the best at court...
Old 09-20-10, 08:20 PM
Secksee
Lead Lap

fix the bulbs and get it signed off. Then go to the dealer and have then turn off your drls. THEN go home and put your yellow ones back in

PS. yellow lights are legal.
Old 09-24-10, 09:16 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

i hate cops... all they do is screw with people there worthless i say we get rid of all of them.. a guy can wish cant he lol
Old 09-25-10, 12:11 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tom steele
i hate cops... all they do is screw with people there worthless i say we get rid of all of them.. a guy can wish cant he lol
Is it the cops fault people are stupid enough to do dumb things to get caught? The cop is simply doing his/ her job. You get either two choices fall in line and obey or play it smart and don't draw attention to yourself to get nicked. Bashing on cops on a public forum isn't really the greatest thing you can be doing... Remember on this forum we represent southern california lexus owners who have a passion of our cars and not only that there are quite a few cops that are lexus owners who are members here as well. Granted we do have the first admendment but still have respect for your fellow man / woman.
Old 09-25-10, 12:30 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
Forum Moderator

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

while not ALL cops are bad, you can't really say ALL are model officers.

you also can't blame someone for "drawing attention to themselves" if the part(s) drawing attention are LEGAL, nor can you defend against harassing/racist officers.

at the same time, the BULK of officers out there are honest joes, trying to do their job properly.
Old 09-25-10, 03:41 AM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

damn man that sucsk. just go to a CHP and turn on ur driving lights and sign off for 10$. fighting it might bring u more problems/fees.
Old 09-26-10, 10:48 AM
a#'z
Lead Lap

What city is this? Walnut? db?

Quick Reply: Ticket for DRL'S, waaaccckkk