CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Good place to get a vertex replica painted and installed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-10, 09:14 PM
D1GP
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

seriously, you get what you paid for. If you want it to do it right, take it to PlatinumVIP

if you want crappy job that the paint doesn't match the rest of the body, then take it to any other shops.

Platinum offers lifetime guarantee, do you know any other place that offers that kind of service? I doubt it....

Just don't go and cry about how dissatisfy you are afterwards

especially if u got yourself a replica kit, those are a pain in the butt hole to install since most of the time they do not fit right....

Last edited by D1GP; 12-08-10 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-09-10, 05:14 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C&C is great but $$$ -But I believe Nathan offers a lifetime warranty against chipping due to normal driving conditions.
There' MPAB (Glasurit is used its $$ most shops charge another 10% to use this stuff....) ..Location isn't the best but I can vouch for Johnsons work... Price isn't $$ does a good job for a great price.....
Platinum VIP (Decent work)-They know how to fit most parts well as they work with those types of parts...
K&W- Decent work as well... They've done quite a few cars =)
Old 12-09-10, 01:42 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by D1GP
seriously, you get what you paid for. If you want it to do it right, take it to PlatinumVIP

if you want crappy job that the paint doesn't match the rest of the body, then take it to any other shops.

Platinum offers lifetime guarantee, do you know any other place that offers that kind of service? I doubt it....

Just don't go and cry about how dissatisfy you are afterwards

especially if u got yourself a replica kit, those are a pain in the butt hole to install since most of the time they do not fit right....
Vertex replicas (assuming that its for the sc) are usually so off it still looks like crap and you can't even correct it
Old 12-09-10, 06:18 PM
Platinum-VIP
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
C&C is great but $$$ -But I believe Nathan offers a lifetime warranty against chipping due to normal driving conditions.
There' MPAB (Glasurit is used its $$ most shops charge another 10% to use this stuff....) ..Location isn't the best but I can vouch for Johnsons work... Price isn't $$ does a good job for a great price.....
Platinum VIP (Decent work)-They know how to fit most parts well as they work with those types of parts...
K&W- Decent work as well... They've done quite a few cars =)
We shoot with PPG Enviro-base paint and we are expecting DuPont to be in house in about a week or two. but if you want to use Glasurit, BASF, or even house of Kolors, we can do that too.

different strokes for different folks. OP purchased a replica kit, I doubt that he would want to spend some big cash for "high" branded paint. (NO offense btw)

and Jay, what do you mean by "They know how to fit most parts well as they work with those types of parts... " ??
we deal with everything, from authentic to replicas to OEM, any body shop can fit any type of parts if they know what they are doing.
Old 12-09-10, 09:02 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Platinum-VIP
We shoot with PPG Enviro-base paint and we are expecting DuPont to be in house in about a week or two. but if you want to use Glasurit, BASF, or even house of Kolors, we can do that too.

different strokes for different folks. OP purchased a replica kit, I doubt that he would want to spend some big cash for "high" branded paint. (NO offense btw)

and Jay, what do you mean by "They know how to fit most parts well as they work with those types of parts... " ??
we deal with everything, from authentic to replicas to OEM, any body shop can fit any type of parts if they know what they are doing.
Well you guys know how to make reps fit well...I've seen rep parts painted at other places that fit like garbage
Old 12-09-10, 11:41 PM
quincyb
Driver School Candidate

lol you guys are making me regret getting a replica.

thanks for all the suggestions, i'm going platvip and see test fitment and price.. when it is completely done i'll post some pics.
Old 12-14-10, 05:46 PM
Lazy
Lexus Champion

How much ur kit cost? N where? Not all replica parts fit like crap.. I sold plenty of replica parts n brand name stuff n they fit pretty much the same

Last edited by Lazy; 12-14-10 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-15-10, 04:41 PM
D1GP
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by quincyb
lol you guys are making me regret getting a replica.

thanks for all the suggestions, i'm going platvip and see test fitment and price.. when it is completely done i'll post some pics.
yea man, just take it to Platinum, done... enjoy...
Old 12-22-10, 05:40 PM
quincyb
Driver School Candidate

just an update.. in the end i went to dtm and they did a fantastic job for a great price. platvip's qoute was a little too pricey for me and it didn't even include if fitment was off...

anyways pics are in this thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ay-roof-8.html

it fits perfect, looks perfect, and can't even tell its a rep. great work and great price!
Old 01-16-11, 05:57 PM
Secksee
Lead Lap

wow i cant believe your rep looks that flush. i purchased the real thing and it almost looks identical.
Old 01-16-11, 06:36 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by quincyb
just an update.. in the end i went to dtm and they did a fantastic job for a great price. platvip's qoute was a little too pricey for me and it didn't even include if fitment was off...

anyways pics are in this thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ay-roof-8.html

it fits perfect, looks perfect, and can't even tell its a rep. great work and great price!
DTM??? A lot of people have had bad experience....
But as for the price paid at PVIP, you get what you pay for, they do great work for what you pay.Good work doesn't necessarily come cheap.