CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

OC First Food Truck Car Meet Of The Year ... 01/25/2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-11, 11:19 AM
wizDUMB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pic courtesy of William Lee aka night-import
Old 01-26-11, 11:22 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess alot of people knew what was up, I didn't spot a single car that would've been pictured in the official SoCal fail thread.
Old 01-26-11, 11:29 AM
gsjason300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
I guess alot of people knew what was up, I didn't spot a single car that would've been pictured in the official SoCal fail thread.
lol i spotted a few... with strobed headlights n pink rims... hahahaha
Old 01-26-11, 11:36 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gsjason300
lol i spotted a few... with strobed headlights n pink rims... hahahaha
wasnt that your car jason... dont lie bro...
Old 01-26-11, 12:18 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

HUGE turnout. lines for the food trucks were less than desireable, but the food truck dining experience was positive.

Originally Posted by wizDUMB
yeah those people came like at 7 but at least for the most part most of vsc and cl got to park together
really.

from talking to others and walking around, everyone from CL (and myself included) were scattered and forced to fend for ourselves in terms of parking.

under-promising and over-delivering > over-promising and under-delivering.

other than that, looking forward to future events like this, as long as crowd control and parking don't become an issue.
Old 01-26-11, 01:04 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by projectdna
HUGE turnout. lines for the food trucks were less than desireable, but the food truck dining experience was positive.

really.

from talking to others and walking around, everyone from CL (and myself included) were scattered and forced to fend for ourselves in terms of parking.

other than that, looking forward to future events like this, as long as crowd control and parking don't become an issue.

kped, stealth, and i came around 7:45pm and we parked where we were suppose to be, the issue was the motorcycles that parked where VSC and clublexus was suppose to be; therefore you guys scattered around to find parking because no one really knew where to accurately park anymore.
Old 01-26-11, 01:34 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3mike
kped, stealth, and i came around 7:45pm and we parked where we were suppose to be, the issue was the motorcycles that parked where VSC and clublexus was suppose to be; therefore you guys scattered around to find parking because no one really knew where to accurately park anymore.
i arrived exactly at 8, and like you said parking in that area was already gone. myself and MKSky ended up in the very last row next to the gas station, which (go figure) was actually a better area in terms of egress.

if the spaces were gone after the roll-in, i'd understand. but the spaces weren't there to begin with, which led to a lot of "fending for ourselves" in terms of parking spaces. those of us who arrived "early" got lucky; those who didn't were relegated to taking laps around the parking lot.

don't get me wrong; imo this was a successful meet in terms of turn-out and the food truck dining experience. however, the parking situation (as a whole) left some to be desired for.
Old 01-26-11, 02:41 PM
VIPBANDIT
Driver School Candidate

great meet! loved seeing the cars. if you want a better spot show up earlier. simple as that!
Old 01-26-11, 03:21 PM
williepee
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Drove up bolsa around 11 and saw a slew of gs's and isx50's rolling out. Exchanged the thumbs up with a black 2gs that had carbon fiber window trim and took off. Kinda bummed I didn't go, wanted to try some of the food and see some clean whips.
Old 01-26-11, 05:36 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VIPBANDIT
great meet! loved seeing the cars. if you want a better spot show up earlier. simple as that!
seriously, it's a free meet in a public parking lot. You can't expect too much regulation for parking spots
Old 01-26-11, 05:50 PM
canond
Rookie

needed a bigger parking space... can we try a mall next time?
Old 01-26-11, 07:19 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

westminster mall parking by best buy, but it has absolutely no light lol
Old 01-26-11, 07:36 PM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DPromGS
Good thing I pretty much blended with the "almost stock" parking spot LOL!!!! Kevin, I have to say your car looks pretty dope!! I just really can't wait for my shipment already!!! Nice meeting Ryan and Mike also!!

Dara
Thanks bro cant wait to see your ride with the wheels

Originally Posted by canond
needed a bigger parking space... can we try a mall next time?
Yup like Mike said westminster mall on a weekend would be deserted by 8pm, and huge parking only problem would be lighting .
Old 01-26-11, 07:39 PM
Lazy
Lexus Champion

Me and my buddy got there early and no cars were really parked in that area.. We had the first 2 parking space in front of the shell gas station haha.. When the food truck came in n parked next to us we moved incase we leave early n get stuck lol.. No one wanted to park at those spots after either haha.. Probably because people will be all close to it n could scratch it up..

Last edited by Lazy; 01-26-11 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-26-11, 08:13 PM
wizDUMB
Driver

really.

yeah i wasn't exactly expecting the motorcycle guys to have came out so early ... it was unexpected for me to get out of class late and get there that late otherwise i would of regulated on the parking hahaha

i arrived exactly at 8, and like you said parking in that area was already gone. myself and MKSky ended up in the very last row next to the gas station, which (go figure) was actually a better area in terms of egress.

if the spaces were gone after the roll-in, i'd understand. but the spaces weren't there to begin with, which led to a lot of "fending for ourselves" in terms of parking spaces. those of us who arrived "early" got lucky; those who didn't were relegated to taking laps around the parking lot.

don't get me wrong; imo this was a successful meet in terms of turn-out and the food truck dining experience. however, the parking situation (as a whole) left some to be desired for.
yeah all and all it was a great turnout especially for a last minute change of location and the parking situation could of been regulated better if i had more help, it was just me running around and scouting for the late food trucks and what nots

Originally Posted by VIPBANDIT
glad you enjoyed it

westminster mall parking by best buy, but it has absolutely no light lol
i thought about the malls already especially westminster mall, horrible lighting but maybe it might be a good location for summer but i think bella tera has better lighting

Quick Reply: OC First Food Truck Car Meet Of The Year ... 01/25/2011