CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Friday Night Meets 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-11 | 02:50 AM
gemini1
FNM President

Originally Posted by MoeIS350
Well this was my first meet , don't think I will be coming back to this meet...

Why:
I felt as though I wasn't wanted there for some reason, perhaps because I was the only "non asian" there, sorry if I may have done something wrong, or may be it was because I was the new guy...

No hard feelings though, great location though..

Looking for local meets in the 818 now, not trying to drive 2 and a half hours in traffic again lol
^^^^ First, of all I'm sorry that's how you felt and you that you felt left out.
What car did you come in? As for being the only non-asian there.
I'm not going to get into a racial attack with you. But, we have all
races(black,white,asian,mexican) that come to our meets.
Unfortunately, you came on a night that was all asian.
This is our 5th year of friday night meets. We have never told anyone
to not come because of their ethinicty!

I've seen alot of meets come and go and we never try to compete
with any other meet. Wether it's another Lexus meet or different car
club. We are still here and will keep going.

Second, did you introduce yourself to anyone. I know that coming
to your first meet can be kinda intimidating. But, everyone has done
that including myself. The only way you overcome that is taking
the initiative to introduce yourself to everyone. I've been coming the past 3 1/2 years and have met some of the coolest people. And, have become best
friends with alot of them too.

I hope you can come back again. I will personally introduce you to everyone!

Last edited by gemini1; 02-12-11 at 02:55 AM.
Old 02-12-11 | 02:54 AM
gemini1
FNM President

Once again another successful Friday Night Meet!

21 cars. Some people got there early and some late.

Thanks to all the hard core regulars that came out and some new
and old faces.

See everyone in 2 weeks. We will be taking next friday off.
Old 02-12-11 | 03:17 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Surprised to hear this as well since the regulars are a welcoming and friendly bunch of people. Was there a specific reason you felt unwelcome? I've personally attended many meets where I knew no one going in...sometimes there are times when someone will extend an arm of friendship, and other times you have to be the one to introduce yourself to others like gemini1 has said. I would highly recommend you give this meet a second chance in 2 weeks, but if the drive is a bit far for you, it's understandable.
Old 02-12-11 | 03:32 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

I go the FNM's all the time. And yes, it is mostly asians. That is most likely because of the location of the meet being alhambra, or city of industry, etc. But There are people of all races that attend.

I do not know in your case, but Don't be shy, go up and say hi. Its kinda weird going to a meet not knowing anybody in the first place, likewise its kinda weird going saying hi to people you don't know who are wondering around. I Hope you give it another chance.
Old 02-12-11 | 03:33 AM
MoeIS350
Driver

Oh sorry, didn't mean to make it seem like a racial thing, I just know most asians like to keep to themselves/their race... Which is understandable, I think I just felt outta place. Not sure if I will come back..

I was in the 06 cerulean is350 w/ hks exhaust, blacked out emblems, tints, stock wheels.
Old 02-12-11 | 06:23 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Hey MoeIS350 - I know it's kinda weird going there for the first time because a lot regulars know each other already, but they're nice people that welcome any race to join the meet.
I'm a white girl from Bakersfield. Even though I don't go to a lot of the Friday night meets because it's a 2 hour drive for me, I have met lots of awesome people at the ones I've attended.
Old 02-12-11 | 08:31 AM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

MoeIS350 sorry you felt that way. FNM welcome all races and ethnicity. I remember when I first attended these meet. I feel left out because because everyone huddle in a groups and seem to all know each other. I eventually learned that if I just walk up to the group and introduce myself. I will be well received. All the regulars FNM people are very nice. Hope you will give it another chance in the future.
Old 02-12-11 | 10:20 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

It was your first time attending. The regulars do know each other quite well. They've been doing this for some time now. James is right- everyone at FNM is chill and we're all there just to get to know one another. A face and a ride behind the CL name, that's all. I definitely try to hit up FNMs as many as possible given my schedule. There's just a wealth of knowledge to be gained from some creative minds and really good people overall. There's no race issue here, and not all FNMs are like that. Hopefully you'll want to come out again and at least enjoy the people and rides.
Old 02-12-11 | 10:58 AM
MiiK350
Racer

If I'm egyptian, and have never had a problem at these meets, trust me bro, you have nothing to worry about. I felt the same way you did. All asians and you stick out like a sore thumb. It's intimidating by nature. But I just walked up, introduced myself, pointed at my car, and thats all it takes to feel like a regular with this group of guys.
Old 02-12-11 | 11:32 AM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

Go to any other meet, and there'll always be little cliques of people scattered around that all seem to keep to themselves. Rarely do people come out and greet a new person. walk up to a group close to a car that interests you (fake if if there aren't any), ask about it, and sneak your way into the group. Or take the easy way like me and roll into meets w/ friends.

and you were in city of industry, better known as little asia, where signs of stores/plazas are in languages I don't understand. not to scare you, but you were probably the only non-asian in the whole city. but people at meets usually care more about a person's car than his/her ethnicity so don't let something superficial like that bother you.

Last edited by ArodDaLob; 02-12-11 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-12-11 | 11:38 AM
parky
Driver School Candidate

Default let me free

i plan to show up to this meet... i grew up in hacienda so im really close.. just got a 99 gs 300..

Last edited by parky; 02-12-11 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-12-11 | 11:46 AM
thatWESguy
Pole Position

Roflcopter, Welcome to Rowland mang. Not to sound like a douche, but you can't go into any car meet expecting people to talk to you first, it rarely happens. Next time, just shout out ***** really loud to grab everyone attention, n then introduce yourself, I guarantee it'll work
Old 02-12-11 | 01:10 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Aww MoeIS350, Sorry to hear that's how you felt ...You should've came and talked to me and "El Bebo" I was the Filipino guy with the short black hair and black jacket and El Bebo was the Mexican/Filipino guy with the Lakers shirt on...If anything we were probably the 2 most sociable guys there that night...granted we didn't look very friendly, But I assure you, we would've welcomed you in with a warm handshake or something.
Old 02-12-11 | 01:49 PM
MoeIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by thatWESguy
Roflcopter, Welcome to Rowland mang. Not to sound like a douche, but you can't go into any car meet expecting people to talk to you first, it rarely happens. Next time, just shout out ***** really loud to grab everyone attention, n then introduce yourself, I guarantee it'll work
Lmao that's exactly what ima do next time
Old 02-12-11 | 02:01 PM
eL b3bO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
Aww MoeIS350, Sorry to hear that's how you felt ...You should've came and talked to me and "El Bebo" I was the Filipino guy with the short black hair and black jacket and El Bebo was the Mexican/Filipino guy with the Lakers shirt on...If anything we were probably the 2 most sociable guys there that night...granted we didn't look very friendly, But I assure you, we would've welcomed you in with a warm handshake or something.
umm....I wasnt wearing a Laker shirt that night , I was the guy with the Skull cap with a bunch of Skulls on it

Quick Reply: Friday Night Meets 2011