CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Mesa in costa mesa, TERRIBLE customer service.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-11, 03:29 AM
SickES350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mesa in costa mesa, TERRIBLE customer service.

i dont know if this is the place to put this thread or if this post is appropriate, but im going to totally flame on this establishment.

www.mesacostamesa.com

2/11/11 approx. 11:40pm

i arrived at 10:20 i left at midnight with out stepping foot inside

We had a birthday group inside at a table waiting for us. There was a line outside, which is understandable at times when you hit maximum capacity. However, what I do not understand in how Peter (claiming to be the owner, long blonde hair, gray suit and black tennis shoes) can be continuously walking groups of people in. During the hour and half I spent waiting outside, I witnessed a large numbers of people leave the establishment. My party was in the front of the line, but still were not allowed in. A friend of mine, Jimmy, was called a LIAR by Peter. Apparently Jimmy was talking to a server inside about a a larger table, since we have a large group, but the server disappeared on him. This issue was brought up to Peter, and he proceeded by grabbing Nick( scruffy facial hair, and short black hair wearing a flannel shirt) Peter asked Jimmy if that was the guy and if he knew Nick. Jimmy said no he did not know Nick. Peter said "This was the guy you said, you said Nick." Jimmy defended himself by saying he never said Nick he said some guy. Peter finally accused my friend Jimmy of being a LIAR with not just cause. In no way should that conversation have escalated in that manner. If Peter is the owner, that is absolutely no way to be treating a paying customer let alone run a business. If Peter is not he owner, I sincerely hopes who ever writes his checks reviews this e-mail. I am not angry over the fact that I waited over an hour outside because being over capacity is understandable. What gets me is how Peter continuously walks people in while turning the other cheek and saying we're over capacity. What really pisses me off is how he STARTED an argument with Jimmy! All this time, Jimmy was not being difficult. He was not being rude at all. He did not raise his voice. He was courteous and understanding. This whole incident could have been avoided with proper customer service

i gave them a bad yelp review and i sent there a very formal angry e-mail demanding an apology to myself and my friend who was verbally attacked.

i dont recommend this place to anyone. im completely going to boycott this place.
Old 02-12-11, 01:15 PM
joeker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

better business bureau?
Old 02-12-11, 04:07 PM
Noz
Lead Lap

I boycotted that place. It's a stupid Hollywood wannabe restaurant/club in Costa Mesa. I'd much rather go to Memphis across the street.
Old 02-12-11, 04:11 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

If you haven't received an appropriate response through them directly, write a Yelp review. This thread will be found by a Google search so your job is done. A Yelp will do it equal if not get more eyeball time on your experience.

IME, I didn't like the place for a variety of reasons. Food was ok and relative to price, not worth it. One visit was enough and I've no desire to go back.
Old 02-12-11, 06:49 PM
SickES350
Pole Position

i did yelp, an angry e-mail demanding an apology as well as an angry letter

i glad there are others who dislike the place too
Old 02-14-11, 02:27 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

that's horrible customer service, hope u get it all sorted out.
Old 02-14-11, 02:59 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i've gone there before -- they charged me $22 instead of the $18 listed on their bar menu for a yamazaki 12 on the rocks. their justification? when poured on the rocks, they pour more than they do when it's a mixed drink. WTF. i thought the pour was pretty average. bastards.
Old 02-14-11, 03:06 PM
apMango
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yelp the crap outta it
Old 02-14-11, 03:17 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Yelp google reviews write abbas review everywhere
Old 02-14-11, 03:25 PM
Legitek
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the heads up, i live across from it (or near it i should say) and was thinking of trying but after reading this... boycotting with you guys forsho