CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

A long shot, anybody know company that do moving overseas type of thing ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-11, 04:00 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default A long shot, anybody know company that do moving overseas type of thing ?

anybody can give me some help on this ? going back to my home soon, but i haven't find a local company that do moving overseas, should I rent a 1/4 container ? or how is it supposed to be ?

thanks in advance!
Old 03-19-11, 05:36 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

Where are you moving to?
Old 03-19-11, 06:52 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RA40
Where are you moving to?
Indonesia
Old 03-19-11, 08:25 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

If you have a travel agent that books these region travels, they also can provide you with referral services in many instances. Asian Tigers does much of the region. Might check some of the local forums for other international movers.

Might get a rough idea using this site consolidator:
http://www.internationalmoving.biz
Old 03-19-11, 10:40 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

thanks RA40 for the URL !! that would be a start for me !
Old 03-20-11, 12:01 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

if just personal effects, you probably just ship it lcl rather than using a full cntr; itd be cheaper. wrap up your stuff, throw it on pallets, shrink wrap em, and you're good to go.

pm me if you need add'l info. i have a network on this.
Old 03-20-11, 05:07 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
if just personal effects, you probably just ship it lcl rather than using a full cntr; itd be cheaper. wrap up your stuff, throw it on pallets, shrink wrap em, and you're good to go.

pm me if you need add'l info. i have a network on this.
What is LCL ?? yeah it wont be full cntr for sure, probably 1/4 of it or something.

PMed !
Old 03-20-11, 09:19 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Be careful when shipping things on a container. My family did this before and a lot of stuff was broken or went "missing" in transit. And the company shipping the container will not take responsibility for it. If you've got smaller valuables, take them with you on the flight or ship them insured through UPS to your new address. It will get there safer, and you'll have insurance too if anything happens. Just my .02
Old 03-21-11, 11:22 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by masboy
What is LCL ?? yeah it wont be full cntr for sure, probably 1/4 of it or something.

PMed !
pm replied
lcl = less cntr load

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Be careful when shipping things on a container. My family did this before and a lot of stuff was broken or went "missing" in transit. And the company shipping the container will not take responsibility for it. If you've got smaller valuables, take them with you on the flight or ship them insured through UPS to your new address. It will get there safer, and you'll have insurance too if anything happens. Just my .02
+ you can get cargo insurance + there are tons of other variables which come into play. nevertheless, always keep valuables with you + take tons of photos and detailed packing lists. a lot of finger pointing occurs during cases like these.
Old 03-21-11, 11:33 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cargo insurance is pointless. Even if you have a detailed packing list you will spend months going back and forth with the cargo company trying to recover something out of it. So even if you buy the insurance keep in mind that your to have a major headache and your gonna have to play some games with them to get anything out of it. Plus, there's always things that are priceless like family photos and one-of-a-kind items which they will argue aren't insurable.
Old 03-22-11, 09:09 PM
pinoiryder
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you still looking for someone to move your household goods and personal let me know.. I work for a shipping company that does a lot of exporting anywhere in the world. you can send me info on where you want to send your items.. send it to anthony.pineda@dhx.com you can check the company profile at www.dgx.com
Old 03-23-11, 10:34 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Cargo insurance is pointless. Even if you have a detailed packing list you will spend months going back and forth with the cargo company trying to recover something out of it. So even if you buy the insurance keep in mind that your to have a major headache and your gonna have to play some games with them to get anything out of it. Plus, there's always things that are priceless like family photos and one-of-a-kind items which they will argue aren't insurable.
so pretty much the insurance is useless then ?? damn it, im going to ship a bunch of family picture frame and stuff.

Originally Posted by pinoiryder
are you still looking for someone to move your household goods and personal let me know.. I work for a shipping company that does a lot of exporting anywhere in the world. you can send me info on where you want to send your items.. send it to anthony.pineda@dhx.com you can check the company profile at www.dgx.com
THANK YOU! I'll send u an email! thanks!
Old 03-23-11, 12:59 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Kev-an int'l moving company, specializing in personal effects may be your best bet. imho, i'd reach out to those rather than the thousands of nvocc's who move typical freight such as k/d furniture, electronics, garments, etc.

i move a high vol of high val cntrs, weekly, w/cargo ins w/out issues on 1st and 2nd tier carriers. however, as others have indicated, you cannot place a monetary value on items that hold personal value.

all the best and hope it all works out for you bud!
Old 03-23-11, 10:56 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
Kev-an int'l moving company, specializing in personal effects may be your best bet. imho, i'd reach out to those rather than the thousands of nvocc's who move typical freight such as k/d furniture, electronics, garments, etc.

i move a high vol of high val cntrs, weekly, w/cargo ins w/out issues on 1st and 2nd tier carriers. however, as others have indicated, you cannot place a monetary value on items that hold personal value.

all the best and hope it all works out for you bud!
Thanks Jason! I'll keep that in mind.

Btw that person phone # that you PMed me, she's on vacation until next Monday....o well
Old 03-24-11, 03:12 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by masboy
Thanks Jason! I'll keep that in mind.

Btw that person phone # that you PMed me, she's on vacation until next Monday....o well
pm'd................