CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Best place for car wash in socal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-11, 01:36 PM
Sanko
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place for car wash in socal?

I know, don't trust car washes, but I don't have time/a place to wash my car right now, nor the tools, so I want to get my car washed once before I put on the clear bra (2 weeks and there's so much dust on it already!).

I'm just looking for a basic wash and wax before I get all of my zaino products after the summer (I'll be gone most of the summer too). Does anyone have any suggestions on a place near downtown or SGV area?

Thanks
Old 04-09-11, 07:11 PM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you care enough for your car to invest in a clear bar, find the time to do the pre-wash. There must be a self-service car wash in your area. In L.A./San Fernando Valley, I can think of three (on South La Cienega Blvd about one mile north of the 10 frwy, in Woodland Hills east of Fallbrook on Saticoy and in N. Hollywood just east of N. Hollywood High School). bring your own towels (I prefer 100% white cotton made in America).

After the bra is installed, go to the hand car wash of your choice. It's not like doing it yourself. But as long as the establishment doesn't use brushes, it's a compromise you make. But initial cleaning/waxing of your car pre-bra...you should do; especially if its a dark colored car.
Old 04-09-11, 09:45 PM
fuzzzz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, if you don't have the space, you should go to the self wash places. If you're in the San Fernando Valley, theres a bunch. Off the top of my head - Saticoy/White Oak or Kester/ Sherman Way or Chase/Osborne or Saticoy/Sepulveda.
Old 04-09-11, 10:29 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fairway Gardens Car wash in Walnut! I hate car washes too but they do an amazing job on my IS, and its a hand wash so there's none of those motorized brushes coming into contact with your ride. Every time i go the place is busyyy.

Cheap too if you print out a coupon!
http://www.fairwaygardencarwash.com/specials/
Old 04-10-11, 07:46 AM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

are their rails fit for 10.5?
Old 04-10-11, 10:19 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by zz0122
are their rails fit for 10.5?
At fairway gardens? i doubt it.

If you've got anything but stock wheels, i would avoid car washes like the plague. If you can't wash it where you live, mobile car washers/detailers might be your best bet if you don't wanna do it yourself. Otherwise those coin car washes are the best...just don't use the brushes to clean your car!
Old 04-10-11, 08:45 PM
Sanko
Driver School Candidate

Alright, I'll just do the initial investment in my towels/mitts and a shampoo and wait for my Zaino line after. How do those self-service car washes work?
If not, I'll check out fairway gardens.

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-10-11, 09:51 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

The self car washes are pretty straight forward. You put in money for X amount of time. Then usually its just one pressure washer that does the soap and rinse, you just gotta change it on a dial. They usually have brushes that release soap too, but avoid using those because people use them all the time and more than likely they have a crap load of debris and stuff like brake dust caked inside. They usually have a spot to to dry your car and vacuum it as well.

For me though, for a couple bucks more Fairway Gardens does a great job
Old 04-11-11, 12:20 AM
fuzzzz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
The self car washes are pretty straight forward. You put in money for X amount of time. Then usually its just one pressure washer that does the soap and rinse, you just gotta change it on a dial. They usually have brushes that release soap too, but avoid using those because people use them all the time and more than likely they have a crap load of debris and stuff like brake dust caked inside. They usually have a spot to to dry your car and vacuum it as well.

For me though, for a couple bucks more Fairway Gardens does a great job
Thanks for the heads up, I always use those brushes that release soap ..
Never thought about that
Old 04-11-11, 08:47 AM
silky f
Driver

there's a place on Western/2nd (koreatown) that does pretty decent hand wash, especially if your car is lowered. I forget the name of the place though.
Old 04-11-11, 10:04 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by fuzzzz
Thanks for the heads up, I always use those brushes that release soap ..
Never thought about that
Yeah if i use the brush...its only the wheels to clean crap off the tires and break off the brake dust. lol
Old 04-11-11, 11:46 AM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Westchester hand wash right by LAX does an amazing job. They handle exotics all the time. I've seen Wee-man and his BMW there at least 3 times. Theres no tracks involved, its in a parking lot, but they've been there for about 10 years now I think. Only place I trust with my car. Wash and wax is like $42.99 I think. Thought I should add that it can get crazy here. I've waited upwards of 2 hours to get my car washed. Just go at an off time and your good.

http://westchesterhandwash.com/