CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

San Diego Wheel and Tire Outlet - A+++

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-11 | 10:39 PM
09starfire
Driver

Default San Diego Wheel and Tire Outlet - A+++

Today I went to San Diego Wheel and Tire Outlet today to buy tires and get them installed on my LC818's. The guys at the shop were great to deal with, specifically George (the guy I talked with and processed my order) and the guy that did the install and programming of my TPMS (sorry, but I didn't get his name).

So I went in with my rims, TPMS (that I bought from ebay), lugs, and hub centric rings. First thing they noticed was that I didn't have the fit kit for the TPMS; no problem, they took care of it and I wasn't even charged for it. Secondly, the did a great job with the install. It was pretty quick, about 40 minutes including programming the TPMS. Third, they have one of those new machines to program the TPMS. The guy just hooked up to my ECU, then when to each wheels and read the sensors from each wheel (btw, the sensor were already on the wheels).

The only issue (and a minor one at that) was that I asked them to set up the TPMS as a second set, but when I drove off the sensor light came one. I went back and they changed the setting to the Main set and it was fine. So, I'll probably have to get my OEM set re-programmed. No big deal.

They have two shops in the San Diego area: City Heights and Kearny Mesa. I went to the Kearny Mesa location, but I have gone to the City Height one before for my other cars and they alway do a great job at a great price.

Oh yeah, the price. I got a set of 235/35/19 and 265/30/19 Federal SS-595, mounted, balanced, with TPMS programming for $600 out the door. The tires may not be the best, but they are a great budget tire with lots of tread.

Anyone in the San Diego area in need of tires (and probably wheels) should look these guys up. They'll beat any price out there!
Old 04-30-11 | 10:01 PM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

co-sign.

I've been to the one on El Cajon Blvd many times for tire services. Omar, the owner, is cool and would always give a deal. the only bad thing i can think of, is the parking is usually crowded and the driveway is killer.

I havent been to the one in KM yet, even though it's closer to my house.