CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

ATTENTION Friend Met Guy To Check Out SC300 & Got Jumped & Cell Phone Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-11, 04:11 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation ATTENTION Friend Met Guy To Check Out SC300 & Got Jumped & Cell Phone Stolen

I called the police right after the altercation happened. I have been talking to this guy about trading his Lexus (didnt look bad in pictures) for my mk3 Supra. We agreed to meet up at a location in huntington beach to do the trade if everything worked out.

When he got to the location, he pulled up in a Uhaul with the car on a trailer and from there I could already tell the car was not what he described to me.

Panels were falling off, front bumper looked spray painted, the front bumper wasnt straight and the whole top of the car was sun damaged and peeling, car had no a/c and. worst of all, he hot wired the car in front of me to show that it ran.

I nicely told him that I wasn't intrested in the car cause I was expecting something a lot cleaner and he kept asking what he could do to make the deal go through. He and his friend got in the car after talking for a bit so I headed back to my buddies car and waited for them to leave. After a few minutes, they got back out of the car and ask me to check my car out. I proceeded to let them check it out and after they looked at it I told them sorry for wasting your time and sorry we couldnt work out a deal.

I stuck my hand out to shake his hand and he sucker punched me square in the face. Thats when the fight broke out and luckily my friend was not too far away to run over and help me out. My friend broke up the fight and i told him to go in the shop with me just to stay away from them cause at the time i had already broke my ankle and my face was covered in blood. During the fight my phone fell on the floor and didnt think twice to pick it up before we headed inside. When we went outside we couldnt find the phone anywhere so im guessing they took it before they left."
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...ml#post6397716

Originally Posted by sc300619

first off im located in San Diego CA..
i have a 1992 sc300 factory 5 speed for sale or trade..
-2jz-ge 145k
-espliar (blue coil's)
-quick release steering wheel (3 spoke)
-supra tt front seat's
-supra tt Head gasket
-supra tt rotors+calipers (not on car)
-extra welded diff (not on car)
-nology spark plug wires
(some stuff i would like you to know... the cluster is out, that happens alot with these cars, passenger window doesnt roll down)
easy fix's. its sitting on some steelies. im open to trades aswell..
IM JUST TRYING TO GET MY MONEY BACK SELLING FOR $3,400 OBO.
I obviously can't call him so I will post up more info as soon I can

Last edited by xknowonex; 06-06-11 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-05-11, 04:18 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation HELP Friend Met Guy To Check Out SC300 & Got Jumped & Cell Phone Stolen

I called the police right after the altercation happened. I have been talking to this guy about trading his Lexus (didnt look bad in pictures) for my mk3 Supra. We agreed to meet up at a location in huntington beach to do the trade if everything worked out.

When he got to the location, he pulled up in a Uhaul with the car on a trailer and from there I could already tell the car was not what he described to me.

Panels were falling off, front bumper looked spray painted, the front bumper wasnt straight and the whole top of the car was sun damaged and peeling, car had no a/c and. worst of all, he hot wired the car in front of me to show that it ran.

I nicely told him that I wasn't intrested in the car cause I was expecting something a lot cleaner and he kept asking what he could do to make the deal go through. He and his friend got in the car after talking for a bit so I headed back to my buddies car and waited for them to leave. After a few minutes, they got back out of the car and ask me to check my car out. I proceeded to let them check it out and after they looked at it I told them sorry for wasting your time and sorry we couldnt work out a deal.

I stuck my hand out to shake his hand and he sucker punched me square in the face. Thats when the fight broke out and luckily my friend was not too far away to run over and help me out. My friend broke up the fight and i told him to go in the shop with me just to stay away from them cause at the time i had already broke my ankle and my face was covered in blood. During the fight my phone fell on the floor and didnt think twice to pick it up before we headed inside. When we went outside we couldnt find the phone anywhere so im guessing they took it before they left."
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...ml#post6397716

Originally Posted by sc300619

first off im located in San Diego CA..
i have a 1992 sc300 factory 5 speed for sale or trade..
-2jz-ge 145k
-espliar (blue coil's)
-quick release steering wheel (3 spoke)
-supra tt front seat's
-supra tt Head gasket
-supra tt rotors+calipers (not on car)
-extra welded diff (not on car)
-nology spark plug wires
(some stuff i would like you to know... the cluster is out, that happens alot with these cars, passenger window doesnt roll down)
easy fix's. its sitting on some steelies. im open to trades aswell..
IM JUST TRYING TO GET MY MONEY BACK SELLING FOR $3,400 OBO.
I obviously can't call him so I will post up more info as soon I can

Last edited by xknowonex; 06-06-11 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-05-11, 04:50 AM
Mr.1.5
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a tool, hope you guys find this *****.
Old 06-05-11, 07:08 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Another reason I always carry when doing any buying/ selling deal or always meet at a police station. If some one objects to meeting at a police station I obviously think its suspicious for multiple reasons.

hope you guys figure it out.
Old 06-05-11, 07:34 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Jerry, sorry about your friend's mishap...glad to know it was only the phone, it could of been worse! That's sad to think there are still a few scum bags doing this in this day and age...Biggu, I'm like you man-meet public places, Police station and keep the "heater" on standby for riot control...lol
Old 06-05-11, 07:47 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Jerry, once you talk to your friend, please post up more details. It sounds like your friend said he got jumped by the CL member who posted that FS thread you linked? Or by somebody else random nearby?

Sent you a pm
Old 06-05-11, 08:23 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

That's crazy stuff. I hope this guy gets caught.
Old 06-05-11, 08:34 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This CL is the reason we have someone vouched for before a transaction is allowed by newer members. I know its different meeting in person, but safety first guys, if its someone you dont know, go with atleast 1 other person.

I know the concealment laws are tough in CA, but it might be something to take the time to look into.

Hope you guys get this solved, I would lend a helping hand, but CA is a bit out of reach.
Old 06-05-11, 08:42 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

This is terrible. Hope you guys solve this.
Old 06-05-11, 09:30 AM
addisonblc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Op: I you can lock down another "buy" from him try to get the cops Involved for a sting.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-05-11 at 11:29 AM. Reason: remove quoted post
Old 06-05-11, 09:44 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

wow.... this is scary. I hope this guy is dealt with accordingly.
Old 06-05-11, 10:05 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is just so wrong.
Old 06-05-11, 10:18 AM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

that guy posted that car all over craigslist.
Old 06-05-11, 10:24 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

this guy needs to be taught a lesson. assault and robbery carries a hefty sentence. and i dont know about cops in cali but here in htown i was robbed at gunpoint by a 15 year old and the kid got 5 to 15 after i finally was able to get him caught. he lived in the area and kept pulling his piece every time he saw me. called the popo 3 times before they got his ***. cops were fast response and did what we pay them to do.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-05-11 at 11:28 AM. Reason: TOS violation, physical threats
Old 06-05-11, 10:57 AM
Bubbas SC
Driver

Hope you find this guy

Last edited by Bubbas SC; 06-05-11 at 11:00 AM.

Quick Reply: ATTENTION Friend Met Guy To Check Out SC300 & Got Jumped & Cell Phone Stolen