CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

REVIEW: Wright Wheels - Local wheel repair/refinishing shop

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-11, 11:16 PM
erknjerk78
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to get my 20" Antera's done as well.
Old 02-10-12, 01:46 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I sent my wheels to Ralph and i wish it was a good story , i have been trying for 6 months and have had nothing but grief and excuses including my email was not working .
Maybe its because I am in Canada and he thinks i am too far to doo anything .
Long story short is i sent my OZ's to him paid him and when i opened the box it looked fine , when to mount the tires on them and they are wobbling like they are bent ???????????????
I look closely and he drilled all the holes wrong for the bolts to mount , then he obviously realized but instead of measuring and checking again he drilled again , it must of been by hand and all of them are off .
Now one side of the face is jammed against the barrel and one side has a gap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who in their right mind would build a wheel and sell it when it isn't round , that's the point of wheel , isn't it ?

To top it off the face has a register which is supposed to butt up against the barrel like a hubcentric ring and that is off as well which is why the wheel is also not round .
His idea originally was to have me to pay and send them back because he was short on money and " FIX " them . He finally changed his mind and gave me a fed ex account to pay for it .
When i questioned his method of repair he was going to take , he said he was going to weld the faces to meet the improperly made barrels and then drill open the holes wider .
I had no faith at this point and told him i wanted new barrels and i will pay to ship these paper weights back to him . He of course no longer responds .

To add insult to injury , the finish i wanted on the rims is blotchy and has fingerprints on them .
This is just insane , Ralph wright , opossum Jenkins , wright wheel what ever you want to call yourself , you took my money and gave me some crap no one would pay for .
I will promise you i will do everything in my power to keep you from butchering another wheel and ripping someone off again including getting a job as most employers do make a simple internet search .
I hope this reaches you and you do the right thing like you were supposed to in the first place as you kept assuring me that you "give me your word . if your not satisfied you make them again if I have to . Even said i need to fix this for you as i don't want this to come back and bite me in the *** later .
Well yeah buddy , you do have to " MAKE " them again as someones biting your *** now ..
He no longer works with Wheel flip so don't let his reputation spoil theirs.

Opossum Jenkin
Ralph wright wheels
SIMPLE WHEEL WERKS
714-651-7239
949-478-2174
ralph@wright-wheels.com
http://rawspecwheels.com
relickone@gmail.com
relickone@ymail.com
He's even a moderator on honda-tech.com as "r.wright "
Its my only post , so that makes me a troll , i know , but what would you do if someone took your money and gave you 20 inch paper weights .

15421 Carmenita Road Unit K. Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

Last edited by skperformance; 02-10-12 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-10-12, 08:00 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SK, sorry to hear about Ralph man. I told him about your thread and he said you guys worked something out?

Ralph did an excellent job on my wheels for my Lexus and my wheels for my Civic

Old 06-26-12, 03:56 AM
Bender25
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand you are upset the way things have turned out, but this is a two way street on this deal.

So there was problems with the wheels? Did you send the wheel faces and the new barrels with the new titanium hardware back to him? oh, no you didn't? You thought just sending him back 1 of the wheel faces and expecting him to make things right was the solution? How does that work?

You just keep the supposedly defective barrels and he has you more made and sends you the new ones? Well newsflash, he needed the barrels to find the flaw AND the barrel manufacturer wanted to inspect for manufacturing flaws, but you refused to send them.

Your unwillingness to cooperate in the solution to the problem has caused an even bigger problem.I'm sorry this has turned out so badly, but if you wanted it fixed you would have cooperated by giving the man the opportunity to fix the original issue.

Now on to the current state of things, Ralph has a full time job and isn't able to devote as much time to wheels anymore, yet still he tried to work with you the whole time while you decided to be difficult. (And hey, I'm not being an *** or judging you for that, **** happens when when you're upset)

Now, for the wheels themselves, since Ralph has been unable to meet with the wheel manufacturer due to scheduling, I spent an hour with the owner of the barrel manufacturing place yesterday going over your wheels. I know the exact issues with them, and it was essentially caused by your insistence that Ralph send the wheel faces and new barrels to you in their disassembled state. The fact of the matter is that the wheels needed professional assembly, that you refused to meet your personal time frame that you had stipulated. I'm not gonna state the specific issues between the faces and the barrels here, but rest assured the wheel manufacturer looked at the order and pulled the identical parts that were given to you and we mocked everything up and found the issue.

Your particular OZ wheel is not a normal wheel, there is a lot involved to make them work with aftermarket barrels, and Ralph could do it, but you rushed the initial job(which I know ran long due to the back order on you stepped barrels last summer) by failing to allow him to have them professionally assembled by him and his people, Now where he is at fault is sending you the product in disassembled form to comply with your request.

Just expect an email from Ralph tomorrow with a solution to this mess.

Full Disclosure: I am a friend of Ralph's and I was working with him last year when he took this job on your OZ wheels, so I was around for this job and have "carnal" knowledge of the situation. So I'm not blowing smoke out of my *** on this.

Cliffs: Guy buys new barrels, refuses professional assembly, refuses to return "defective" barrels and faces and expects new barrels in return.

Last edited by Bender25; 06-26-12 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-26-12, 12:37 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bender25
I understand you are upset the way things have turned out, but this is a two way street on this deal.

So there was problems with the wheels? Did you send the wheel faces and the new barrels with the new titanium hardware back to him? oh, no you didn't? You thought just sending him back 1 of the wheel faces and expecting him to make things right was the solution? How does that work?

You just keep the supposedly defective barrels and he has you more made and sends you the new ones? Well newsflash, he needed the barrels to find the flaw AND the barrel manufacturer wanted to inspect for manufacturing flaws, but you refused to send them.

Your unwillingness to cooperate in the solution to the problem has caused an even bigger problem.I'm sorry this has turned out so badly, but if you wanted it fixed you would have cooperated by giving the man the opportunity to fix the original issue.

Now on to the current state of things, Ralph has a full time job and isn't able to devote as much time to wheels anymore, yet still he tried to work with you the whole time while you decided to be difficult. (And hey, I'm not being an *** or judging you for that, **** happens when when you're upset)

Now, for the wheels themselves, since Ralph has been unable to meet with the wheel manufacturer due to scheduling, I spent an hour with the owner of the barrel manufacturing place yesterday going over your wheels. I know the exact issues with them, and it was essentially caused by your insistence that Ralph send the wheel faces and new barrels to you in their disassembled state. The fact of the matter is that the wheels needed professional assembly, that you refused to meet your personal time frame that you had stipulated. I'm not gonna state the specific issues between the faces and the barrels here, but rest assured the wheel manufacturer looked at the order and pulled the identical parts that were given to you and we mocked everything up and found the issue.

Your particular OZ wheel is not a normal wheel, there is a lot involved to make them work with aftermarket barrels, and Ralph could do it, but you rushed the initial job(which I know ran long due to the back order on you stepped barrels last summer) by failing to allow him to have them professionally assembled by him and his people, Now where he is at fault is sending you the product in disassembled form to comply with your request.

Just expect an email from Ralph tomorrow with a solution to this mess.

Full Disclosure: I am a friend of Ralph's and I was working with him last year when he took this job on your OZ wheels, so I was around for this job and have "carnal" knowledge of the situation. So I'm not blowing smoke out of my *** on this.

Cliffs: Guy buys new barrels, refuses professional assembly, refuses to return "defective" barrels and faces and expects new barrels in return.
Wow , if i read what you wrote i might actually believe i had something to do with the wheels coming back to me not round .
It is soooo simple , if you have "carnal " knowledge of the situation . The barrels were built as spec'd by ralph and NEWS FLASH nothing is flawed with them . Ralph could not drill a straight hole and instead made Swiss cheese of the barrels flange . What does that mean you ask ? He drilled the holes off centered once , realized it didn't fit , then drilled a second time and hoped i wouldn't notice .

Please tell me how it is my fault in any fing way that he drilled the wholes wrong or has finger prints under the finish or that i should even trust him to send anything back before he fixes his screw up .

He has a full time job so that means he should never answer emailed questions directly on what is going on for months and if he does its barely a 1 liner .

To top it off do you realize how stupid it sounds for you to say i refused professional assembly !!!!!!!!!! I told him he didn't have to make everything all snug as i was going to have to take it all apart to color match the spokes on the faces .WTF was i going to do , super glue it together since it has no more room to be drilled again ? If i did refuse it to be assembled then why the F was it drilled at all , never mind twice . They came bolted up completely and assembled ready to go . What are you talking about unfinished or assembled ?????? I bought a rolling set of wheels not a weekend project .

Get your facts straight not kind of sort right . I've played nice for well over a year back and forth . In multiple emails i warned ralph i grow more and more pissed off at his complete lack of response to answer me and still no response .Their is no excuse to not answer someone unless your avoiding them. If something did happen yesterday he could have said that in in an email .Instead i am hearing an update from you who neither of us know.
Why am expecting an email tomorrow why not yesterday or today .That would just make sense and be courteous to do , instead more of the no response .................
Only reason i said he could send raw lips as replacements on the incorrectly built ones was to help him out since i would have to paying again to have them finished here. but again i'm not willing to help .

Hmm so you were around last year and your around you were yesterday with my wheel discussing it with a manufacture , that says you should be ralph as the only other person working with him last year no longer is partners anymore in wheelflip and what does my wheel have to do with you .

Cliffs: Guy buys new barrels, expects professional assembly, refuses to return "defective" barrels because he has been burned already and faces and expects new barrels in return since if Ralph did things properly it wouldn't have happened by his own admission he just slapped it together because he knew he was behind and wanted to send it and didn't bother checking it properly .
Ralphs/friend tries to defend him but shows even his theroy is completely wrong .
Simple equation
No assembly ---->>>> don't drill , they are drilled so it must be an assembled wheel purchased
assembly -------->>>>> drill twice and both are wrong now the customer is at fault for asking a professional

A picture is worth a thousand words , debate they are straight now. That small gap is flush on the top picture and gaping on the bottom right . the back of the wheel shows all the holes drilled and still being off as well as the register having the same gap which is where the face connects with teh barrel and all the weight is carried .
Attached Thumbnails REVIEW: Wright Wheels - Local wheel repair/refinishing shop-img_1013.jpg   REVIEW: Wright Wheels - Local wheel repair/refinishing shop-419418_10151309913110228_1750626085_n.jpg   REVIEW: Wright Wheels - Local wheel repair/refinishing shop-407479_10151309927745228_805731088_n.jpg  
Old 06-26-12, 05:14 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Please keep arguments off of the general forum. This thread is almost one year old so at this point I'm going to close it.