CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

The Pursuit 3: Presented by Longo Lexus - 10.16.11.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-11, 02:04 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn looks like pursuit is going to be a blast this year, wish i could attend
Old 09-25-11, 07:57 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
That's awesome!!!!

As aforementioned, there are no sales allowed onsite at The Pursuit 3 but we can connect you with the right sources to obtain and purchase parts. Its probably best to have the parts shipped back to your home in Texas....or you can make arrangements to pick up stuff a few days prior.

I have travelled I-10 many times from Texas to California in years past. Let us know if there is anyway we can assist, including places to stay in town and safe spots stop over in West Texas.
Thank you Flipside. You most likely will be hearing from either me or heyarms within the upcoming days for any advice/wisdom concerning our trip there. It's nice to know that someone from the Club Lexus family has made this drive (many times!).

While, we may need to stop in West Texas for a quick shut eye, we're really trying to push and drive in one straight trip.
Old 09-25-11, 08:14 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Be prepared on your way back to Texas...We have the highest gas prices in the country.
Old 09-25-11, 09:06 PM
LexFather

Wink

Old 09-25-11, 09:36 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by karasha
Thank you Flipside. You most likely will be hearing from either me or heyarms within the upcoming days for any advice/wisdom concerning our trip there. It's nice to know that someone from the Club Lexus family has made this drive (many times!).

While, we may need to stop in West Texas for a quick shut eye, we're really trying to push and drive in one straight trip.

From San Antonio to LA is 23 hours straight. You will gain 2 hours but the crappiest part of the drive is when you get into Hill Country from S.A. to El Paso. Granted the speed limit is 80 in that area, there ain't jack out there. Just let me know and I can tell you the best cities and exits to stop at.
Old 09-25-11, 10:22 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
Be prepared on your way back to Texas...We have the highest gas prices in the country.
Depending on what part and where in Texas...some of their gas is as high as ours here in SoCal.
Old 09-26-11, 01:51 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by gemini1
^^ Wow, Have a safe drive.
Unfortunately, do to Irwindale Speedway Rules. No vendor is allowed to sell anything on
the property. So sad.

But, we have already over 30 vendor's from which you can interact and get there info
to purchase stuff after the event.
That's awesome!!!!

As aforementioned, there are no sales allowed onsite at The Pursuit 3 but we can connect you with the right sources to obtain and purchase parts. Its probably best to have the parts shipped back to your home in Texas....or you can make arrangements to pick up stuff a few days prior.

I have travelled I-10 many times from Texas to California in years past. Let us know if there is anyway we can assist, including places to stay in town and safe spots stop over in West Texas.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to this whole event and trip (and y'alls cooler weather!)
Old 09-26-11, 02:12 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by karasha

I've also done the drive from LA to Dallas, TX and Houston, TX on the I-10. Always stop at this Quality Inn in Las Cruces, New Mexico not too far outside the Texas border. Its a really clean hotel, with awesome breakfast lol theres some good restaurants around there too. It's about half way (12 hours from LA, 13 from Houston i believe).

Anyways if you think you can make it 12-13 hours straight before taking a break for sleep, let me know...i can get you employee pricing on rooms there if they haven't locked it out for whatever date you'd need it. Family owns a couple hotels under the choice hotels brand. wouldn't mind hooking it up for a fellow CL member
Old 09-26-11, 09:02 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by heyarms
Thanks guys! Looking forward to this whole event and trip (and y'alls cooler weather!)
It will be fun. No humidity either!
Old 09-27-11, 01:03 AM
Falbz
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Just regietered.....................i know i am a new member but i look forward to meeting you guys. Just picked up my 08 LS460L on friday
Old 09-27-11, 01:28 AM
karasha
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
I've also done the drive from LA to Dallas, TX and Houston, TX on the I-10. Always stop at this Quality Inn in Las Cruces, New Mexico not too far outside the Texas border. Its a really clean hotel, with awesome breakfast lol theres some good restaurants around there too. It's about half way (12 hours from LA, 13 from Houston i believe).

Anyways if you think you can make it 12-13 hours straight before taking a break for sleep, let me know...i can get you employee pricing on rooms there if they haven't locked it out for whatever date you'd need it. Family owns a couple hotels under the choice hotels brand. wouldn't mind hooking it up for a fellow CL member
Wow, thanks Killa!! Appreciate another member helping another out! While, like said, we're really trying to push through and do the trip straight through, if we get feeling like we're tired then we'll have to hit you up for this offer.

See you at the pursuit!

It will be fun. No humidity either!
Thank goodness...
Old 09-27-11, 01:54 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Ryan .. Make sure In-N-Out brings over some grilled cheese for us vegetarian folks! hahaha...
Old 09-27-11, 06:22 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

everyone so excited now. Starting to countdown
Old 09-27-11, 08:49 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Hey Ryan .. Make sure In-N-Out brings over some grilled cheese for us vegetarian folks! hahaha...
That's not a problem!
Old 09-27-11, 08:56 AM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

mmMMmmm. Grilled cheese.

Quick Reply: The Pursuit 3: Presented by Longo Lexus - 10.16.11.