CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Help me petition to get more security at Cal Poly!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-11, 05:48 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hate to burst your bubbles dude, your best security is to get rid of the Honda and pick up a Lexus. I used to drive an Integra GSR, slightly modded with JDM frontend conversion. She was broken into 3 times on-campus at UCSD. First time, the housing people called the cops when they noticed suspicious activities and caught the bastards. The next few times, was not so lucky. In the end, she got stolen for the 4th time, recovered and repaired. However, I couldn't stand being paranoid wherever I go, so I ended up giving her up and picked up the SC400. Never had to worry about car jackers again.

Now I drive the S2000, but I also have a garage at my house, a garage at work, and a garage at the girlfriend's. She park outside when I stay over at her place. The day when I no longer have the luxury of garages, I'll be giving up the S2000 and picking up the 3GS.

BTW I paid $600 for parking and still got pwned hardcore. Food for thoughts

EDIT: Just noticed that it's your friend's car and you're actually a chick. Best wishes and congrats on winning the Vossen.
Old 10-19-11, 06:56 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

a reason i didnt go to school. scared of my k20eg getting stolen. andddd im also dumb.
Old 10-19-11, 07:15 PM
kanani22
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aznxenon
Hate to burst your bubbles dude, your best security is to get rid of the Honda and pick up a Lexus. I used to drive an Integra GSR, slightly modded with JDM frontend conversion. She was broken into 3 times on-campus at UCSD. First time, the housing people called the cops when they noticed suspicious activities and caught the bastards. The next few times, was not so lucky. In the end, she got stolen for the 4th time, recovered and repaired. However, I couldn't stand being paranoid wherever I go, so I ended up giving her up and picked up the SC400. Never had to worry about car jackers again.

Now I drive the S2000, but I also have a garage at my house, a garage at work, and a garage at the girlfriend's. She park outside when I stay over at her place. The day when I no longer have the luxury of garages, I'll be giving up the S2000 and picking up the 3GS.

BTW I paid $600 for parking and still got pwned hardcore. Food for thoughts

EDIT: Just noticed that it's your friend's car and you're actually a chick. Best wishes and congrats on winning the Vossen.
HHAHAHA thank you and yes def a chick.

I used to drive a civic and was lucky enough to never have it broken into. To be honest with all of the tuition increases and lack of classes I would at least hope that they would have SOME money to spare for cameras or increasing the amount of security they have on campus or possibly use the money as an incentive for the campus police to pay attention to what is going on on-campus. I know that a petition probably won't do a whole lot but I do feel that CPP's police needs to realize how big of a deal this really is. I have too many friends who have gotten their cars broken into or jacked from campus in the past four years I've been at CPP. We have our campus police within walking distance of where the majority of cars are being stolen, yet the only thing they know how to do is write tickets.

Being someone who cares about their car, I hate going to class and having to worry about whether or not my car will get broken into and not having any form of surveillance at all.

ANYWAYS...Thank you for everyone who has signed it! I really appreciate it :]
Old 10-19-11, 08:13 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Signed.

It's really unfortunate that stuff like this happens. In an ideal world, none of this bs would take place. Students are there to learn, not to wonder if their rides are going to get vandalized or broken into or perhaps stolen. I am surprised how even with one parking structure that this still is able to take place. My gf goes to CPP, and she had her car broken into (it was a minivan of all rides) her first semester there. Since then, I've been picking her up and dropping her off so she wouldn't have to deal with this crap. All I can say is that the petition, though a good start, is simply not going to budge the officials at the university to amp up security. Tuition prices will rise as will those darn parking permits, and students will be complaining about that as well. The state is already cutting money for education, so there will be even less money in the upcoming years. It's unfortunate, but there's nothing really that can be done in the immediate time.

I'm with you Karissa. I've seen some really nice looking rides on your campus, and it is a real shame that many students not only have the pressures of doing well inside the classroom but also now have to worry about if their ride will be broken into while they are in class.
Old 10-20-11, 01:17 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

But you see, majority of break ins that happen on campus or anywhere for that matter are from people leaving valuables or any personal effects in plain view. Just more reason for a thief to do a smash a grab. Like bnizzle mentioned above, it can happen to any car...but a fixed up Honda is just more reason to pick on because its a lot more attractive to a suspect's eye.