CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Newport Beach Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-11, 12:14 PM
is250jz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newport Beach Lexus

does anyone here know someone that works in the used cars/internet sales dept? looking to purchase a 2IS from there.. it would be greatly appreciated! thanks!!!
Old 10-27-11, 10:50 PM
Falbz
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I looked an ls there before I bought mine and a guy named Cameron helped me. He was a really nice guy. Ask for him
Old 10-30-11, 11:29 PM
James7
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Keep an eye on this dealership. They sell "CPO" that were previously in accidents. Make sure you inspect, inspect, and inspect. CPO is supposed to be the cream of the crop but this dealership does not pay attention to that claim.
Old 11-01-11, 10:46 AM
is250jz
Driver

Originally Posted by James7
Keep an eye on this dealership. They sell "CPO" that were previously in accidents. Make sure you inspect, inspect, and inspect. CPO is supposed to be the cream of the crop but this dealership does not pay attention to that claim.
thanks a lot, James. I was actually wondering if something was wrong with a few of their cars. I test drove a few IS250's on the lot, but the one i picked up didn't have any issues, carfax was clean as well. but now that you mentioned this, i'm probably going to get this car inspected just to make sure. thanks for the info!
Old 11-01-11, 10:51 AM
timmy0tool

Received 425 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by James7
i always wondered what the qualifications are to become a CPO. i assume it must be very high, but my father got a CPO RX350 and it was obviously repainted poorly on the front and rear bumpers, as well as a quarter panel. the average guy can't tell but i can. i assume it was just to fix rock chips and scratches but what gives?!
Old 11-01-11, 02:41 PM
is250jz
Driver

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
i always wondered what the qualifications are to become a CPO. i assume it must be very high, but my father got a CPO RX350 and it was obviously repainted poorly on the front and rear bumpers, as well as a quarter panel. the average guy can't tell but i can. i assume it was just to fix rock chips and scratches but what gives?!

was it purchased at Newport Lexus?

I noticed that there were a lot of flaws on mine for a CPO as well. But I guess the good thing was that I had a friend that used to sell cars help me out on the negotiation process and Newport Lexus actually agreed on fixing some of the scratches on the car, also fixing some minor exterior issues as well.
Old 11-02-11, 11:53 PM
James7
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

No problem guys, just want us to be aware.

If Lexus believes CPO should stand for something, they better reinforce it with the quality of cars they select to put that sticker and assign that certification on. I really don't think it's fair for people to believe they are buying with ease, when come to find out, the car may have a checkered history. CARFAX means nothing these days, so bring a few friends for on the spot feedback too.
Old 11-22-11, 08:28 AM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found the same issue at Keyes Lexus. There were three GS350's there that were CPO cars and priced at a premium. Two of those GS had obvious bodywork and poor paintjobs that were so orange peeled, that it had very little gloss and looked hazy. When I had the manager come out to discuss how these cars met the CPO criteria, he stood there and told me right to my face that they were perfect, no accidents or paintwork done. And this while we were standing next to the cars with me pointing out the panels that were repainted on them! Irregardless of it being a Lexus dealer, I feel like they're no better than the smaller mom and pop operations with exception to the fact that they charge much more..
Old 11-23-11, 10:13 AM
starknight
Lead Lap

Overall: All the dealers rip customers off! Imao
Old 02-29-12, 03:09 AM
dadoody
Pole Position

Newport Beach Lexus - watch out for them.

Back when I was looking for a car in 2008, I stopped by here. Their salesmen straight out lie about the origin of their cars. Prices are over priced.

Service department is also the WORST in Southern California, and I do not trust this dealership or the other one they own - Tustin Lexus.

Strongly caution you to avoid them.

I ended up buying my car from a independent dealership called Nash Auto in Costa Mesa. Got a GS430 2006 for 5k+ less than dealership. Even less than private sales. Haven't had any issues with it or in servicing. Taught me that Lexus builds them in Japan, but the service and salesmanship is all-American (not good lol)

Last edited by dadoody; 02-29-12 at 03:13 AM.
Old 02-29-12, 03:24 AM
js619858
Pole Position

I would got to others besides Newport or even Westminster. They are overpriced!

San Diego has better deals then them or go up North of OC or LA!
Old 02-29-12, 01:38 PM
is250jz
Driver

I agree with the service department being bad. they are lazy, and there's just no communication between the employees.

since ive bought my "CPO" in November, ive had to go back to the dealership 5 times. thats too many IMO.

truth be told, if i wasn't in a rush to buy a car back then, i wouldve probably went to longo lexus or crown lexus instead.

Originally Posted by dadoody
Newport Beach Lexus - watch out for them.

Back when I was looking for a car in 2008, I stopped by here. Their salesmen straight out lie about the origin of their cars. Prices are over priced.

Service department is also the WORST in Southern California, and I do not trust this dealership or the other one they own - Tustin Lexus.

Strongly caution you to avoid them.

I ended up buying my car from a independent dealership called Nash Auto in Costa Mesa. Got a GS430 2006 for 5k+ less than dealership. Even less than private sales. Haven't had any issues with it or in servicing. Taught me that Lexus builds them in Japan, but the service and salesmanship is all-American (not good lol)
Old 03-03-12, 09:27 PM
uciirvine
Driver School Candidate

I would suggest buying from AutoNation. I did a lot of homework when we bought our Lexus LS last year and saved a lot. We plan to buy a car after tax time is over and will use AutoNation again.
Old 03-03-12, 10:14 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

I buy parts from Newport Lexus all the time no problems.
Old 03-08-12, 04:08 PM
Jafch1
Rookie

You could always take a drive up the coast next time and visit my dealer, South Bay Lexus.

We are a small, privatly owned dealer with a good selection, and hand pick our CPO cars.

Quick Reply: Newport Beach Lexus