CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS: Fix-A-Dent

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-11, 04:44 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default AVOID AT ALL COSTS: Fix-A-Dent

I should have searched before calling them out, i would have found at least 2 other people warning people about them.

It wasn't my car they worked on (thank god) but i called them out to work on my bosses BMW 525i that had been dented pretty badly. They had to bondo the fender and paint it to correct the damage. Looked decent until the idiot sprayed a spray wax over it. His excuse was that it was windy, he didn't want dust settling in the paint. I told him that mess is gonna set with the paint, he said this wax wouldn't and would just wipe right off. My boss asked for an invoice, he said he didn't have one on him and he would come back after his next job and drop one off. I decided he wasn't going to get paid till he dropped off an invoice and i made sure that wax wiped off....i was certain already it wasn't going to. I went inside to take a call, i come out and this guy apparently took off already. Wasn't till after i went back inside that i found out the bosses elderly dad already paid the guy $140 + $10 tip earlier because he was asking for it and my boss stepped out

Took the car to a detailer, sure enough this wax won't even come off with a buffer - its in there. Texted the guy, he said a couple times he would come by...and then come by when it stopped raining...now dead silence and doesn't answer calls.

Now my boss is stuck with a nice looking 525i with one fender all messed up with dried blue/green color wax.

Found this warning about them that pretty much sums it up....

Fix-a-dent mobile auto body

Everyone looking for a dent repair or any mobile body work from these guys stay away at all cost!!! These guys are bogus, worst mobile guys ever. They will guarantee you paint match, but results are different by day and night. Also once it is done it would be the last time you will hear from them, they would not return any calls!!!

1) Known as Fix-A-Dent or Fix A Dent
2) Three guys
3) Silver Chevy Avalanche
4) Two ads with contact numbers 909 559-9873 and 818 331-4210
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

This is how it looks now...

^ That pic was taken AFTER a buffer was used on it. It was worse before!

Last edited by KillaIS250; 12-22-11 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-14-11, 05:26 PM
Celsior21
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ That was actually my warning. These guys came to fix my front lip. First of all they dont know how to fix anything. All they do is bondo the **** out of everything. I ended up not paying them. Sorry that your boss had to go through these scumbags. But i think we should get a bunch of people to start calling them and have them go to locations to prank them. Those bastards.
Old 12-14-11, 05:39 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Dang, small world.

I've been trying them from different numbers and everything, no answer at all.

These fools are complete tools
Old 12-14-11, 08:00 PM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the person who did the job, was he a big guy (fat), and was this around Pasadena?

I remember seeing 2-3 guys in a truck and the guy was asking me if I wanted my car fixed (this was when I had my bmw).

I said, no thanks, and that i'll get it done later. He kept insisting, saying he'll do a good job and get it done quick. I said, I'm good man, thanks.

He then says, well F*** you, gives me the finger, and drives off.

I was like, wtf? are you serious?

A few months later, I'm with my sister getting from Chipotle by Rosemead, the same guy asks me about my bmw and how he'll fix it. I just cussed the hell out of him, and was just heated. He was acting confused, but I remembered him. Basically, my sister and the people around me were just starring; I was pissed. The guy's a douche.

He then drove off and didn't do anything.

Anyway, sucks that he did a poor job, and isn't answering or returning calls.

Why not go to the authorities, say you got ripped off, and trace the number or something?

Last edited by RA40; 12-14-11 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Removed deceptive plan to contact merchant
Old 12-14-11, 09:09 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Understand the frustration. Write a Yelp review for more exposure. This isn't the place to plan up schemes to "discuss" issues with them. By mentioning your dissatisfaction with their quality of work, the word is out.
Old 12-14-11, 11:10 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

MOBILE AUTO BODY or MOBILE BUMPER REPAIR or anything related of that nature are SCAMS! Sorry you got scammed. When the price is too good to be true for a "fix" you should use good judgement and ask for second opinions. Unfortunately i've had to deal with work as a result of these clowns...and let me tell you they just make small damage even bigger. In California, you must be registered with the BAR (Bureau of Automotive Repair) to do any kind of auto repair work on a car...generally you must have a legitimate business and a building to be registered. Granted there are many businesses in CA that aren't registered with BAR, when there is an issue with repairs (like this instance), you pretty much have no recourse.

Since you were the one that made the suggestion to your boss, sounds like you owe your boss a huge apology and be responsible enough to help them with the cost of fixing the subpar repairs.
Old 12-14-11, 11:14 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Here's a great tool to use to verify if a repair shop in CA is legit or not (applies to body shops and repair shops):

CA Dept of Consumer Affairs - Bureau of Automotive Repair - VERIFY A LICENSE

If they're not listed on here, they're conducting business illegally.
Old 12-14-11, 11:48 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Dude, ANYTHING that's MOBILE is a SCAM. Fast job = bad job
Old 12-14-11, 11:57 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

WTF? I say serve them in small claims
Old 12-15-11, 09:46 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

can you show us, what youre talking about. pictures would help
Old 12-15-11, 01:03 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Also any names of the people who work for for them?

OP or mods please add tags to this so that anyone searching can find this thread.
Old 12-15-11, 08:41 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BiggVinh
can you show us, what youre talking about. pictures would help
Will try and get one tomorrow at work if the car is there. It's pretty bad.

Originally Posted by aznxenon
WTF? I say serve them in small claims
May have to if they don't come and take care of this or pay for it to be repaired....

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
Also any names of the people who work for for them?

OP or mods please add tags to this so that anyone searching can find this thread.
I can't remember what the guys name was. I'm not sure if he even told me, probably would have used a fake name anyways. I added some tags too!

Originally Posted by flipside909
Here's a great tool to use to verify if a repair shop in CA is legit or not (applies to body shops and repair shops):

CA Dept of Consumer Affairs - Bureau of Automotive Repair - VERIFY A LICENSE

If they're not listed on here, they're conducting business illegally.
Thanks for that info! Will be using that next time...

Originally Posted by Incredible
Is the person who did the job, was he a big guy (fat), and was this around Pasadena?

I remember seeing 2-3 guys in a truck and the guy was asking me if I wanted my car fixed (this was when I had my bmw).

I said, no thanks, and that i'll get it done later. He kept insisting, saying he'll do a good job and get it done quick. I said, I'm good man, thanks.

He then says, well F*** you, gives me the finger, and drives off.

I was like, wtf? are you serious?

A few months later, I'm with my sister getting from Chipotle by Rosemead, the same guy asks me about my bmw and how he'll fix it. I just cussed the hell out of him, and was just heated. He was acting confused, but I remembered him. Basically, my sister and the people around me were just starring; I was pissed. The guy's a douche.

He then drove off and didn't do anything.

Anyway, sucks that he did a poor job, and isn't answering or returning calls.

Why not go to the authorities, say you got ripped off, and trace the number or something?
Was a big guy, not sure where he's around...but his numbers are 909 and 818 area codes so it could have been the same guy..

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend

Not always. I know of mobile detailing & mobile auto repair guys that will stand behind their work if they make any mistakes.

Last edited by KillaIS250; 12-15-11 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-15-11, 10:11 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by KillaIS250

May have to if they don't come and take care of this or pay for it to be repaired....
Good luck finding them.

Not always. I know of mobile detailing & mobile auto repair guys that will stand behind their work if they make any mistakes.
They may stand behind their work, but are they conducting auto repairs legally with a license? Probably not.
Old 12-15-11, 10:25 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

I just remembered...they parked right in front of our office main door...hopefully the security cam got the license plate or some other useful information off the truck. I'll have to check tomorrow.
Old 12-15-11, 10:36 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Hey bro, not all mobile is a scam. FYI, there are some sponsors here on our forums that are mobile detailing. I myself is a mobile fix/repair, detailing and tinting guy. I'm about to launch a website in a few months so people can better see me, my info and my work. I'm not here to change your heart about it. But like what my grandaddy always say, 'If you ain't got nothing nice to say, shut the f@ck up.'

Quick Reply: AVOID AT ALL COSTS: Fix-A-Dent