CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Need a good SoCal dealership/service advisor...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-12, 12:57 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Need a good SoCal dealership/service advisor...

I purchased my IS from Westminster, but they are a good hour away from me. I've used them before for warranty work, as it's an unspoken rule you get better service from the dealer you bought from. While I know that's not really the case and most Lexus dealers want one's business, I'd still like to stick to whatever will yield me the best service. So I write this query asking if anyone has a good contact at Westminster?

Or, second option would be to experiment with another dealer, maybe something closer to where I live in the San Fernando Valley. I've had decent luck with Keyes, but I would greatly prefer to deal with an advisor that is a car guy and wants to see and look at my car instead of hand me over to a vallet and type in his computer. Also important the car is kept inside a structure and not parked exposed outside.

Now, here's the main catch. I need my loaner to be a Lexus and I need it for a week's time. I only have one day off during the week, so I'd have to drop it off one week and pick it up seven days later. Westminster worked with me on this twice (which I admit was very nice of them), but the last time they were out of loaners and I got stuck with a Camry that smelled like dirty diapers (not very nice of them). They cannot garantee me a Lexus, or so that was their word a year ago. This alone has me thinking of another place to go.

So, who knows of a good service department with a caring service advisor? The closer to the San Fernando Valley, the better. I've got a long list of things that have never been fully fixed since the car was new and my warranty is getting close to it's end. It's now or never. My car also has the Lexus springs, so perhaps a mod-friendly place would also be beneficial.

Thanks for any responses.
Old 01-12-12, 05:44 AM
Authorize
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The place I would suggest is still pretty far from you, but Longo Lexus has been helpful. They also can't guarantee a Lexus loaner, but sometimes, they can get things done fast enough that a loaner isn't even necessary. If you're interested, PM me. I'll let you know the service advisor's name.
Old 01-12-12, 11:09 AM
JYOO
Pole Position

I went to Longo Lexus which is close to me for a an oil change and it was like 75 bucks, come to find out another dealership charges 50 bucks. Longo has great service and nice place to wait BUT maybe it was worth it for me to drive a little farther to save 25 bones.
Old 01-12-12, 11:23 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Longo has great service, and Jimmy Tach is a great service adviser to talk too. No bs and gets everything done the right way for you. If Longo is willing to earn your business by meeting your requirements, i'd give them the opportunity. I can almost guarantee you that you wont be disappointed.
Old 01-12-12, 12:40 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Hmmmm, interesting responses. I had not considered Longo since it's about as far from me as Westminster. But the fact they have a lot of Lexus loaners is a plus. I will look into it.
Anyone else have a favorite place for service?
Old 01-12-12, 02:15 PM
skottydznt
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i go to keyes lexus and have dealt with every person there. suprisingly enough the only person there who knows their *** from their elbow is a woman. Her name is lynn and she is a service advisor. She knows more about the cars than the mechanics. She always admires my car and tells me she wants to buy it. CHeck it out and give her a shot. shes real good
Old 01-12-12, 03:18 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

I've been to Longo for services and they are okay.
Old 01-12-12, 03:44 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Charlie Sarno or Pete Phat @ Lexus of Westminster.

as a rule of thumb, i call ahead to make sure they have a Lexus loaner for me.

/$0.02
Old 01-12-12, 03:55 PM
eggwoll
Lead Lap

Hit up Jun Osumi at Lexus of Glendale.very understanding and always accommodating with loaners. And he has a fully modded evo x too.him and his techs are modded car friendly tell him Ryan with the black is350 sent you... My car is lowered on coil overs and I've never had a problem so you should be perfectly fine with a one inch drop
Old 01-12-12, 04:01 PM
silky f
Driver

I hit up Jack @ Jim Faulk Lexus and refers him all my clients there as well- always gives me a discount too!
Old 01-12-12, 07:53 PM
d8vid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by projectdna
Charlie Sarno or Pete Phat @ Lexus of Westminster.

as a rule of thumb, i call ahead to make sure they have a Lexus loaner for me.

/$0.02
The way Pete Phat talks is more from a "lexus book" than from a "normal" person...
The guy is really nice ( too nice) that kinda make me uncomfortable and untrusted.
just saying....
Old 01-12-12, 09:51 PM
koric
Driver

Originally Posted by JYOO
I went to Longo Lexus which is close to me for a an oil change and it was like 75 bucks, come to find out another dealership charges 50 bucks. Longo has great service and nice place to wait BUT maybe it was worth it for me to drive a little farther to save 25 bones.
Where is the dealership that charges $50? I used to go to Longo with a Cerritos Lexus oil change coupon that they price matched for $52 but the coupon expired at the end of last year. Need to get another oil change soon.