CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

BEWARE: Socal Scammer

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-12, 10:47 AM
Meximan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE: Socal Scammer

On Sunday 1/22 I drove out to chino To buy an HKS SSQV IV BOV from a guy named Chris Huynh. As some of you have known I have been looking for some turbo parts for my build. Chris was selling some BOV’s New in box from “HIS” Company ….”MP AUTO STYLINGS” that was based out of chino. He and his partner had Ordered 120 BOV’s and stored them in a warehouse, supplying local shops with parts…The day I went to meet him He had to run to his warehouse to pick up two BOV’s. One for Me and one for MY buddy.

Chris Knew that I was looking for authentic parts, I told him how I was shopping around the forum and was waiting on a member to provide me proof of authenticity before I made payment, But assured me that he only carried Authentic parts, That these parts he and his friends run on their cars ect. Before I left to meet him I checked as many websites as I could before I left to make sure I knew what to look for and all I could find at the time was “look for hks holograms, extra fins from version 3 to version 4 ect” There wasn’t a whole lot of info out there on google ect…

I Met chris at a starbucks in chino on his “lunch break”…Checked out the BOV’s and everything checked out ok from what I knew. I asked him where he gets his parts and he said they get them directly from a dealer, they only sell authentic parts and he looks into everything he sells specifically. He stated he also sells FMIC’s, Hydro e-brakes and Seats, body kits ect…After Buying Both of the BOV’s I was sure I had a good product….

My buddy decided to run his blitz BOV instead, so I posted one of the BOV for sale here on the forum where some , members helped me to find out that I was scammed and that the ones I had purchased were a new Type of Version 4 Replicas…

I looked up “MP Auto Stylings” in chino and no business existed, no address, no phone number, no website….His email , was labeled MP auto Stylings when we were talking back and forth Via Email. I only knew chris’s first name and his contact number…I didn’t want to text or call him to confront him on selling me fake parts because he could have just as easily turned off his phone, or blocked my number….So I texted him telling him I was interested in buying one of his FMIC’s, and made it look like I was going to be a repeat buyer. This was yesterday 1/24……I showed up to meet chris with 3 Chino Police officers…And confronted him about his Replica parts and asked for My money back, He denied that they were Replicas….So I told him I Have proof, Documentation, Pictures To prove it….After showing him the Differences he admitted that they must be replicas and “he didn’t know”….

One Of the Cops took his ID and Got a Business Card, The Business card had his name on it and he worked for “PLATINUM VIP” Out of Irwindale. He didn’t have a business card to MP Auto Stylings….He didn’t have the cash on him, because he just dumped his money into that intercooler I told him I wanted, so he Told me he would have to return the intercooler and he can refund me my money tommarow. That “I am a business man, I don’t need a bad reputation and that all I had to do was call him in the first place”…HE agreed to this in front of the police, we shook hands and went our separate ways…

Today is the day we were supposed to Meet, I have not heard from him once, Hes ignored my calls from my cell, and others as well, Avoided my text messages ect ect…Today I called PLATINUM VIP and talked to Kennedy the Shop owner about chris, wether or not he was employed there and explained how Chris Huynh Is selling REPLICA Parts to people, Claiming that they are authentic, SCAMMING THEM FOR THEIR MONEY…..UNDER PLAT VIP SHOP NAME WEARING PLAT VIP SHOP CLOTHES AND BUSINESS CARDS…..Kennedy said that Chris hasn’t worked there in 6 months, that hes represents the Shop at Car events and that’s pretty much it, but he was going to look into it personally ….as this affects his shop reputation…He has kept in contact with me as well. Thank you .

I Am looking For any Information, on CHRIS HUYNH So I can help the local authorities. I am Sure I am not the only one that has been scammed by this guy, But I MAY BE the only guy willing to do something about it…. as I have contacted a few people just off of craigslist itself and will be working together with them, To set things right.

I am not soo much pissed that I got Ripped off for MYYYY BOV, But for TWO BOV’s I paid For. Chris shook hands on the refund and he backed out….I gave him multiple phone calls today, and not one was ever answered. He knew that Not refunding me my money that the police would be Involved, yet still chose not to refund my money…Even though he shook hands and said to the police officers that he would refund my money…Now im pissed off….

Chris Huynh Drives a black Lexus is300, Lives in the Chino Hills Area and I met him off of Grand ave and Pipeline Starbucks. I would Assume this is his normal meeting spot to scam people. If anyone has any information or has been ripped off by this guy please let me know so I can use it to help the authorities and help get you justice as well……DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS GUY! BE WARNED!

Moderators please keep an eye out, I’ve seen his posts on a few forums Scamming his own Fellow Members.
Old 01-26-12, 11:21 AM
D1GP
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Chris Hyunh is no longer working at and a part of Platinum VIP.
Old 01-26-12, 11:32 AM
SUxWoop
Driver School Candidate

You bought a HKS BOV for $100 on Craigslist, it's up to you to do your homework to see if it's authentic or replica.
Nothing posted mentioned authenticity of an item.

Then Two days later you post your BOV on Zilvia claiming you bought it from Options in Azusa, and you tried to sell it for $300.. Seems like you're trying to flip it for a Profit.

You examined the items on the spot and purchased it. No one was forcing you to buy anything.

Don't go and slander someone or a shop when you made a boo boo an did not do your homework.
Old 01-26-12, 11:34 AM
SUxWoop
Driver School Candidate

And btw, you get what you paid for. Where are you going to get a $400 BOV for $100?
Old 01-26-12, 11:44 AM
SUxWoop
Driver School Candidate

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/43122...ion-black.html
Old 01-26-12, 12:03 PM
cgonzalez
Rookie

Damn bro I think you should be banned first off you bought a blowoff valve for 100 then tried to resell for 300
Then you say you bought it from options in Azusa
Come on bro if anything your the scammer

And don't put a great company like Platinum VIP on blast when you don't even do your homework

From what I can see you got an item at a price you thought was a deal and tried to flip it. it back fired
Now you need someone to blame!!! You get what you pay for bro I seen that post and it never said authentic any where on it.
Old 01-26-12, 12:21 PM
Meximan
Driver School Candidate

Sux woop Thanks again for once again joining ANOTHER Forum , Chris if you have any ***** call me and settle it like a man....Then again legal always works for me

I bought It for more than 100 bucks, as an Authentic kit from a guy that "ran a business" and was trying to get back HHHIIIISSSS investment in the product not RETAIL, Not what a normal shop would sell them at...Either way WHAT I PAID FOR whats a AUTHENTIC PRODUCT, not a FAKE....And when i asked Chris who "RAN A BUSINESS" if it was authentic he claimed it was.....Thats scamming.....Any one of you would jump on an oppurtunity to buy some baller wheels if it came at a good price....I'm not different but what i was sold was NOT what i paid for.

I did not put PLAT VIP on blast,,,Their a reputable company that does quality work, I said that chris USED to work there 6 months ago....Anybody that knows him, or his shady business might remember him from here.

I didnt buy a product to flip, I bought two products one for me and one for my buddy to run on his eclipse. He backed out last minute and i put ONE BOV up for sale ( THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AUTHENTIC) Hence why i posted it for a Cheap price to get my money back, rather than sit on TWO BOV's.

These were all Words that came from Chris's phone, which will be investigated and his Big Mouth...and i have the texts, written documents ect to back them up. I told Kennedy at PLAT VIP i have no problem driving the parts , documents ect down there to prove it.

Chris works more in this lexus communtity then any other, You guys should be warned before you buy **** from this scammer. your welcome for the favor!
Old 01-26-12, 12:35 PM
SUxWoop
Driver School Candidate

You paid $100 a BOV. You bought 2 BOV which equals to $200...
" 1 + 1 = 2 "

I have texts too, let me post it up on here
Old 01-26-12, 12:40 PM
Celsior21
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wow i dont know what to say. Its one thing to buy a fake part, but its another thing to buy a part for $100 and turn it around for $300
Meximan
Driver School Candidate

Please do! Anything else you have to say chris? once again how about you call me and settle it like a man

You wanna tell everyone about how you tried to charge me 180 dollars for an overpriced Chinese POS Intercooler too? Pretty Sure ebay is way less than that

Good job Deleting your craigslist adds too after i posted this, Good thing i printed those out as well....So tell me chris, whats your "Business" E-ID number so i can report it to the BBB?
SUxWoop
Driver School Candidate

BTW, why would you claim that you purchased it fom Option in Azusa then? You still haven't answered that.
Old 01-26-12, 12:42 PM
Meximan
Driver School Candidate

How is that bad? If you saw a Set of Work equips for 300 bucks, and snagged a good deal you wouldnt go and sell them a year later for 300 bucks would you?

If you bought a nice car at a steal for 8 grand and its worth 12 grand, do you think your gonna sell it for 8?

I doubt it, Stop with the retard comments, and read the whole post.......What i paid for was NOT what i got.
Old 01-26-12, 12:45 PM
Meximan
Driver School Candidate

Straight from your mouth Chris, It was Purchsed through you and your " business" ,...Options is where you got it did you not? That must be another lie that you told me in order to scam me into buying your ****.
Old 01-26-12, 12:46 PM
SUxWoop
Driver School Candidate

Please prove that I said it was from Option. Please prove that I said its authentic, please show me proof.
Old 01-26-12, 12:50 PM
Meximan
Driver School Candidate

Needless to say i have nothing more to say to you, If you have something to say call me....This is a warning to The Lexus Community, Dont do business with this guy....and once again if anyone has any info or has been scammed or done business with chris in the past, Check your parts, pm me or whatever, Im aware of other people that have been scammed by him and we are working together with the police to Find him, and bring legal action to get our money back.

Quick Reply: BEWARE: Socal Scammer