CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

No More Krispy Kream tueday's

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-12, 11:44 AM
TheKirby
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
gonna be pretty amazing if there is a next time for this meet AND even more cars show up.

You think so? I think if anything, the cops will be there in force handing out tickets.
Old 06-06-12, 12:03 PM
Jhondayang
Rookie

Originally Posted by TheKirby
You think so? I think if anything, the cops will be there in force handing out tickets.
I second that. Look what happened to TAB Tuesday's a a few years back when it was cracking back in Covina. Lots of nice cars, then the PD came out and started handing out citations. Hoods being popped, modified exhaust tickets, etc. it does suck because there will be immature tuners out there doing burnouts and and disturbing peace that will ruin it for all because that's exactly what happened toTAB Tuesday's. But I would definitely like to be going to the next one if there is another.
Old 06-06-12, 09:04 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKirby
No worries here...my car is stock

Just need to put my front plate on
Old 06-06-12, 11:39 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

people would be foolish to attend the next krispy kreme meet. now that its made media coverage, the town, the people, etc are all riled up about it and theyll be 'out for blood' so to speak. i anticipate a lot of badgering from police, to include fix it tickets, smog bs, etc etc.

ive never attended meets because it is a prime spot for thieves to check out cars/parts/victims. to me its the same thing as throwing a house party and inviting/welcoming in a bunch of people you dont know.
Old 06-07-12, 06:19 AM
lsvtec
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ProperD
people would be foolish to attend the next krispy kreme meet. now that its made media coverage, the town, the people, etc are all riled up about it and theyll be 'out for blood' so to speak. i anticipate a lot of badgering from police, to include fix it tickets, smog bs, etc etc.

ive never attended meets because it is a prime spot for thieves to check out cars/parts/victims. to me its the same thing as throwing a house party and inviting/welcoming in a bunch of people you dont know.
Public car meet has been going on for over 10 years, from ricer civic to lamborghini. It's a way of life for all cars enthusiasms.
Old 06-07-12, 10:45 AM
xtremex626
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^yep. why bother to mod if you don't bother to show it off? i mean i know some people just do it for themselves or just as a hobby. but i think it's rather a waste of money if it was just left sitting at home than at a car show or car meet. the main reason why we mod is because we don't want our cars to just look like any normal car, we want and crave attention as car enthusiasts so that is why we mod and come out to meets!
Old 06-07-12, 11:15 AM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

lmao @ thinking people only mod to go to car meets. there are many other ways to enjoy a car than pulling into a parking lot with it.

i do remember going to one of these meets in burbank years back, back when i gaf about meets, and it got interrupted by a ton of cops. surprised this stuff was still going on.
Old 06-07-12, 12:15 PM
lsvtec
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArodDaLob
surprised this stuff was still going on.
public car meets happen almost every week, weekdays, and weekend, daytime and night time, you name it.
Old 06-07-12, 05:11 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

Whoa that meet was crazy!!!
Old 06-07-12, 07:15 PM
crazyblue
Driver

Originally Posted by bL33Supra
Look what I found just had to share it LMAO!

LOL

LMAO at the caption.

and a 2nd party person wrote that article. for all you know there are assumptions

Old 06-07-12, 11:53 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lsvtec
public car meets happen almost every week, weekdays, and weekend, daytime and night time, you name it.
i was referring to this meet in particular. apologies for my lack of clarity in my post, i was only half-awake