CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

REVIEW: DENTS NO MORE - Paintless Dent Repair

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-12, 11:20 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Default REVIEW: DENTS NO MORE - Paintless Dent Repair

So...after having her for 3.5 years, my IS F has knicks here and there...lots of paint chips from rocks and crap in the front bumper, etc, but I was happy to say that all my panels were "straight". I had no door dings! I'm SUPER **** about where I park my car, if the spot is too small...etc.

I was in Santa Monica this weekend at Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery and the parking lot is SUPER tight...I was in my car waiting for a friend and this guy backs up in his Audi A4 and squeezes into a spot...my car is on, so i figured he probably saw me and he would be careful opening his door....nope...opened the door and hit my car. I got out and said WTF, did you just hit my car? He says no...i go to that side, look at it briefly, and made the mistake of not REALLY REALLY REALLY looking at it. I should have asked the guy to open his door, so i could see where it could have potentially hit.

It was super sunny out, so I didn't see the dent that well...he then said...well maybe I touched it a little...I'm sorry. I KNEW he hit my car because I WAS INSIDE when he hit it, but I was hoping that it was just a hit, but wasn't hard enough to cause a dent. Anyways....few hours go by, and my friend points out that i have a dent on my car! OMG... My first dent...AND I knew the guy who did it, but he's now long gone.

Started doing some research online, and found this guy on Yelp with good reviews...but only 14, but they were all good! Anyhow...called him up, and Vince from DENTS NO MORE did a great job. Really cool and straight up guy. I texted him a photo of the dent and he said it was 100% fixable. Cost was $90.00. Yeah, it's a small dent, but it was my first one so I had to get rid of it...just couldn't stand it for the past 4 days. I kept thinking about it all the time (probably would have been hating life more if it was on the driver side but it was on the passenger side so I didn't see it every time I got into the car)

I'll let the photos do the talking now...Lots of photos...but you get the point.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dents-no-mor...ntington-beach

Old 06-29-12, 02:02 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Glad that worked out, looks good.
Old 06-29-12, 02:07 PM
Boostd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did they have to take the door panel off?
Old 06-29-12, 02:31 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Stupid Audi driver.
Old 06-30-12, 01:10 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostd
Did they have to take the door panel off?
NOPE... Didn't have to take the door off or any panels off at all. All i had to do was roll down the window...he stuck an inflatable thing in, "spread the area between the glass and the door apart, then shoved a L shaped metal rod down, and kept poking at the dent.

Then he took out some hammers with some metal rods, and was HITTING the metal from the outside :O I was afraid he was going to take some paint off! But every hit me made seemed extremely precise. In and out in about 30 minutes.
Old 07-07-12, 12:08 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
NOPE... Didn't have to take the door off or any panels off at all. All i had to do was roll down the window...he stuck an inflatable thing in, "spread the area between the glass and the door apart, then shoved a L shaped metal rod down, and kept poking at the dent.

Then he took out some hammers with some metal rods, and was HITTING the metal from the outside :O I was afraid he was going to take some paint off! But every hit me made seemed extremely precise. In and out in about 30 minutes.
that last part sounds scary , glad it all worked out tho.
Old 09-22-13, 01:24 AM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did he have a reference light???

like shown here on youtube

Old 10-08-13, 11:08 PM
1stGenIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$90 for one small ding? What happened to dent days. $50 for single, $70 for 2, $90 for 3 on a single panel. Guess that's just group pricing. At least it came out nice. I hate dings and *** holes that hit other cars.
Old 02-23-14, 08:43 PM
ThatSCguy
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey so I just bought my sc today and it has a dent. Forsure it needs to be repainted but I don't want bondo or any fillers on it what do y'all

REVIEW:  DENTS NO MORE - Paintless Dent Repair-image-837878007.jpg

think?