CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Advice on paying a fix-it ticket

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-13, 02:22 PM
Jordan_Inc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on paying a fix-it ticket

Hey guys. I recently got a ticket last month on 8/25/13 for "Vehicle Too Low" and "Loud Exhaust", not going to go to too much details on that, but since it's a fix-it ticket, I had it taken care of. I dropped by a local CHP near my work to have an officer sign off my ticket for me, so now my ticket is signed.

Now's my problem. The CHP officer who signed off my ticket said that each violation is $25 after correcting, so I should be paying $50 since it's 2 violations. I can either mail in the payment via check/money order to the assigned court (Pasadena Courthouse) or pay in person at the same court.

I work Mon-Fri full time and won't really have time to pay the ticket in person so I prefer to just mail it in. Usually within 21 days after the citation, they may mail you a Courtesy Notice about paying your fine, but now it's been past 21 days, I haven't received any Courtesy mail. I look up my citation from lasuperiorcourt's website, can't find it there.

How am I supposed to pay my fine by mail if it seems like my citation isn't on the website's system? I tried calling the courthouse for help like a thousand times, but their lines are just always busy.
Old 09-24-13, 04:38 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Take some time off and go to court and pay alot easier. Go super early so you'll be first in line. You can be out of there in 10 minutes. If not I suggest keep calling them for help about sending payment in.
Old 09-24-13, 07:41 PM
bradhop15
Driver

You could also try calling first. Youll waste your time going in if its not in the system yet.
Old 09-24-13, 07:52 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I ran into the same problem. Personally, I wouldn't pay until the day you're due for court. Go on that day (the earlier the better, considering Pasadena does have a lot of people waiting early on), and the clerk will run your citation and driver's license. If it's not in the system by that date, then they'll stamp your citation and you won't have to pay. I had that ordeal with a fix-it ticket, and as long as you keep that citation with the stamp from the court acknowledging you held up your end (attending court with intent to pay dues), you are in the clear.
Old 09-25-13, 06:57 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

If you're just pay for your ticket, you don't have to go early. Get there about 11 so everyone is done.
Old 10-06-13, 12:20 PM
purplelex
Driver School Candidate

Default Had many of those, just Mail it & make copy

Had many of those, just Mail it & make copy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Http://cardomain.com/id/c32amg13

My other Rides
Old 10-08-13, 10:58 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

I had a similiar problem and tried to pay it off in person at the county court house very close to the last day. I went on my lunch break and found there were literally hundreds of people in line trying to pay their fine. I wound up faxing my info. hopefully you have that same option
Old 10-08-13, 11:49 AM
theUPSguy
Driver School Candidate

Sorry, no advice. Seventeen years in this state and never a ticket.
Old 10-08-13, 10:34 PM
1stGenIS
Driver School Candidate

They open early, just wake up and pay the fine before it gets more expensive.
Old 10-11-13, 09:21 AM
Jordan_Inc
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for all the advices guys.

Unfortunately I can't really take time off to go the court early in the morning since I already do get up at 6:30AM in the morning for work. By the time I'm done and back home, it's 6:00PM.

I tried calling like 3-5 relevant phone numbers multiple times on multiple days. They would either always be consistently busy (I don't think the phone line is even connected) or it's a phone number that only leads a computer generated system without a real person to speak to.

I asked a friend of mine to go to the court a while back, to try to pay off the ticket for me while I'm at work. The clerk said my ticket isn't in the system, I have to come back when it's near court date or on the court date. ]=

This just doesn't make any sense, what if you live in Norcal, came down to Socal and got a ticket in Socal? Do you have to personally drive all the way down here just to pay your ticket in person?
Old 10-11-13, 08:05 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

I love your ex but you should check your ticket before you ask for help from friend. You better cone to court house yourself and ask them to stamp on the ticket that you've been their that day.
Anyway, there us night court fir busy people like you. Check your local court house schedule
Old 10-17-13, 09:52 AM
Razgriz
Driver School Candidate

Dang if its not in the system...

Don't pay
Old 10-18-13, 04:44 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

just got one too.

seems like i have to suck it up and also drive to court to pay :/
Old 10-19-13, 09:53 AM
Jordan_Inc
Lexus Test Driver

The due date is on the 24th of this month. Went again yesterday.
The clerk said they can't do anything about it. The officer technically has 1 WHOLE YEAR to file the ticket in. "So just keep checking", she said.

wtf.