CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Dealer servicing in North County San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-17, 05:50 AM
Socal858
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealer servicing in North County San Diego

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to figure out which service advisor everyone goes to at either Carlsbad (closer to me and preferred location) or Escondido. I would like to avoid going to the dealer in Kearny Mesa - my buddy went there a few times and had pretty bad experiences - he also says if you don't get there early enough in the morning, you are taking home a base model camry loaner.

I am new to Lexus, coming from the German brands, but is this normal to not even get a loaner from your own brand?
Old 10-06-17, 06:42 AM
21pirates
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by Socal858
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to figure out which service advisor everyone goes to at either Carlsbad (closer to me and preferred location) or Escondido. I would like to avoid going to the dealer in Kearny Mesa - my buddy went there a few times and had pretty bad experiences - he also says if you don't get there early enough in the morning, you are taking home a base model camry loaner.

I am new to Lexus, coming from the German brands, but is this normal to not even get a loaner from your own brand?
Lexus San Diego always provides a loaner, I recommend dealing with Andy Amenta. I’ve dealt with him for the past 5 years and I’ve NEVER had a problem. I live in the north county area and I drive to Lexus of San Diego for ALL my needs. Carlsbad/ Escondido don’t like servicing modified cars at all, bud San Diego was accommodating.
Old 10-08-17, 09:16 PM
PRLexus14
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work with Carlsbad.... ask for DJ Johnson. Drop my name, Laurisa Campbell. Everyone at Carlsbad knows me... They are pretty great, so you will be in good hands. Message me if you need any additional info. -LC
Old 10-08-17, 09:25 PM
PRLexus14
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 21pirates
Lexus San Diego always provides a loaner, I recommend dealing with Andy Amenta. I’ve dealt with him for the past 5 years and I’ve NEVER had a problem. I live in the north county area and I drive to Lexus of San Diego for ALL my needs. Carlsbad/ Escondido don’t like servicing modified cars at all, bud San Diego was accommodating.
^^This is NOT true. Carlsbad has serviced BOTH of my modified Lexus and my friends modified Lexus without screwing them up. I don't know about Esco bc I don't really deal with them. Lexus San Diego Service screwed up my best friends modified ISF, another friends 2IS, another friends 3IS. All modified. lol.

Visit Club Lexus SD FB group for further discussion on this topic or assistance regarding service. There are plenty of people happy to chime in on this topic and various dealership experiences.
Old 10-10-17, 07:39 AM
Socal858
Rookie

Originally Posted by PRLexus14
I work with Carlsbad.... ask for DJ Johnson. Drop my name, Laurisa Campbell. Everyone at Carlsbad knows me... They are pretty great, so you will be in good hands. Message me if you need any additional info. -LC
^^This is NOT true. Carlsbad has serviced BOTH of my modified Lexus and my friends modified Lexus without screwing them up. I don't know about Esco bc I don't really deal with them. Lexus San Diego Service screwed up my best friends modified ISF, another friends 2IS, another friends 3IS. All modified. lol.

Visit Club Lexus SD FB group for further discussion on this topic or assistance regarding service. There are plenty of people happy to chime in on this topic and various dealership experiences.
Thanks Laurisa! I will reach out to DJ.
Old 11-03-17, 11:06 AM
davidcausa
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

my 2 cents.

NEVER EVER , go to kearny mesa. I had them try to charge me 3k for something lexus carlsbad ended up doing for $200.

I've taken my cars to both carlsbad and escondido lexus. Never had an issue at either and the guys at both loved my car and had no issue with it being modified.
Old 01-10-18, 07:21 PM
gameson
Driver School Candidate

Care to tell me the link for the FB group? Thanks.
Old 01-10-18, 10:55 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by davidcausa
my 2 cents.

NEVER EVER , go to kearny mesa. I had them try to charge me 3k for something lexus carlsbad ended up doing for $200.

I've taken my cars to both carlsbad and escondido lexus. Never had an issue at either and the guys at both loved my car and had no issue with it being modified.
Stay far away from Lexus of San Diego. I have had multiple friend's cars messed up by the porters. Bottoming out their cars and not caring at all. One friend got his front bumper repainted twice due to the idiots that work there.
Old 01-11-18, 08:34 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Escondido and Kearny Mesa both have their quirks and issues. Kearny Mesa handles more customers than Esco, I've observed. Thus, the smaller amounts of clean Lexus loaners available. Esco has more clean loaners than Kearny Mesa but their staff can be ***** regarding auto insurance coverage before you take their loaners, just a warning, be sure all your paperwork is in order. Kearny Mesa's loaners seemed more beat-up, dirty and be mindful of the brakes, they're all mushy and almost used up.
Old 01-21-18, 10:15 AM
Socal858
Rookie

Originally Posted by islandbeef
Escondido and Kearny Mesa both have their quirks and issues. Kearny Mesa handles more customers than Esco, I've observed. Thus, the smaller amounts of clean Lexus loaners available. Esco has more clean loaners than Kearny Mesa but their staff can be ***** regarding auto insurance coverage before you take their loaners, just a warning, be sure all your paperwork is in order. Kearny Mesa's loaners seemed more beat-up, dirty and be mindful of the brakes, they're all mushy and almost used up.
I luckily somehow got an IS250 at Kearny Mesa but it was really dirty inside and out. It also made a weird alternator whine noise when you accelerated... I guess it's still a better experience than my buddy who seems to get decontented Camrys every time. I'll be trying Carlsbad next.