CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Dealership didn't transfer registration - Jim Falk Lexus of Beverly Hills

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-22, 12:05 PM
delirium
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership didn't transfer registration - Jim Falk Lexus of Beverly Hills

Hi All,

Looking for some advice for a situation where I purchased an RX450h from Lexus of Beverly Hills in December but they didn't transfer the registration to my name. The current registration just expired two days ago and so I can no longer legally drive the car on the roads. I have been contacting the dealership for 2 weeks but no one has gotten back to me after I have left emails, voicemails for the DMV clerk, and I have spoken to the sales person who sold the car to me as well as one of the sales managers. No ones has called me back or given me any indication of whats going on.

I have called Lexus Headquarters and they are reaching out to the dealership to get some answers but that is also slow going considering I have a car that I can not drive. The registration transfer fees were paid for as part of the sales contract too, so I am at a loss of what has happened. I didn't change address or move to another location, everything is the same as it has been since I purchased the vehicle and I'm not an out of state buyer. Has anyone ever had this happen before & can advise on the best way to get the car transferred to me?
Old 05-03-22, 08:13 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

You may have to go into a local DMV with proof of purchase and payment to get a temporary permit. Also, I'd suggest going in person to the dealership.
Old 05-03-22, 09:50 AM
delirium
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudiculous
You may have to go into a local DMV with proof of purchase and payment to get a temporary permit. Also, I'd suggest going in person to the dealership.
Good advice, thank you!