CL Vendor Products for 2IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 2IS models from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing ECU Tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-16, 07:15 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmon
So, let's say I buy it now, and down the line they do finally tune our tranny, the new files will be sent out for free? I'm actually tempted to buy the OBD tune @ the $499 sale price later this month, although I really do want to hold out on the tranny tune if possible from RR or TTFS.

For those of you who've had the tune since it came out... What's your opinion on it now? I'm a bit curious on gas mileage, if it's the same or has it dropped a bit?

edit: Also, in regards to the RPM, if we choose 7k for now, is this easily changed to the 7.2k option if we decide to switch it later on?
To be honest, and I don't mean to sound like a downer, but I doubt there will be a transmission tune anytime soon, if ever. It seems that there is something in the way of that happening and neither ttfs or rr racing or anyone that's trying to tune our vehicles has commented as to why that is.

My guess is they just can't do it.. BUT, I know they did say that if you buy the OBD tune youll get any updates or improvements sent to you for free. So honest with the tune from RR Racing being only $500 at the moment, it's probably the best decision to just buy now if you guys ever plan on getting it.

I was THIS close to getting it but don't really wanna spend the money on my car anymore since I will be upgrading it in less than a year. And any money spent on it now, just seems like a waste. Idk though, maybe my mind will change.
Old 08-11-16, 04:29 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
To be honest, and I don't mean to sound like a downer, but I doubt there will be a transmission tune anytime soon, if ever. It seems that there is something in the way of that happening and neither ttfs or rr racing or anyone that's trying to tune our vehicles has commented as to why that is.

My guess is they just can't do it.. BUT, I know they did say that if you buy the OBD tune youll get any updates or improvements sent to you for free. So honest with the tune from RR Racing being only $500 at the moment, it's probably the best decision to just buy now if you guys ever plan on getting it.

I was THIS close to getting it but don't really wanna spend the money on my car anymore since I will be upgrading it in less than a year. And any money spent on it now, just seems like a waste. Idk though, maybe my mind will change.
Do I sense you joining me on the dark side? $200 = 40WHP. $600 = 80WHP.
Old 08-11-16, 04:35 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Icy350
Do I sense you joining me on the dark side? $200 = 40WHP. $600 = 80WHP.
You've let the darkness consume you Andy. You were supposed to be the chosen one!! Lol. I'm trying to get into an ISF still though so I'll put that off to the side for now haha. But maybe later on
Old 08-12-16, 04:27 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

You've let the darkness consume you Andy. You were supposed to be the chosen one!! Lol. I'm trying to get into an ISF still though so I'll put that off to the side for now haha. But maybe later on
I sees you. No consideration for the RCF? they look quite fun to play with.
Old 08-12-16, 04:33 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Nah, too expensive. Also Im not that big a fan of the styling.. Looks overdone in my opinion. The ISF however looks great in my eyes since it's just a slightly more aggressive 2IS.
Old 08-12-16, 04:35 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 534 Likes on 316 Posts

Off-topic but you should think about signing up for the Lexus Performance Driving School "Express Experience" up at New Jersey Motorsports Park (since you're in NY):

https://lexusfperformancedrivingscho...ration/Welcome

You'll get to play with the RC-F and GS-F on the race track and get an opportunity to see how fun they can be.
Old 08-12-16, 08:15 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by redspencer
Off-topic but you should think about signing up for the Lexus Performance Driving School "Express Experience" up at New Jersey Motorsports Park (since you're in NY):

You'll get to play with the RC-F and GS-F on the race track and get an opportunity to see how fun they can be.
It's too late for that redspencer, he's moved over to the dark side. (bmw)
Old 08-13-16, 06:33 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

It's too late for that redspencer, he's moved over to the dark side. (bmw)
it would just be for us to test the RCF
Old 08-13-16, 06:55 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

it would just be for us to test the RCF
Looks like there is hope for you yet! Lol. I wish I could go to that but damn it's not worth it for me to go across the US just for that.
Old 08-13-16, 10:01 AM
Zmon
Racer

Received 218 Likes on 183 Posts

Haha, I understand. Both RR and TTFS have been quiet on that front so I don't exactly have my hopes very high for one in the near future right now. Really trying to decide if I'd rather the tune, or chalk up some extra dough for a pair of 12 headlights.

Originally Posted by redspencer

Interesting, I may be back up in Chicago around that time. Autobahn CC really has a nice track, I'd definitely like to go back. It's really too bad that's the closest track they're doing that at for me though.
Old 08-17-16, 09:06 PM
rlydeadly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys i just receive my tune and going to the dyno tomorrow to se before and after
stock: i got 261whp and 242 tq
now i have : ppe headers,fsport filtrer,joez intake,invidia mid pipe, custom axle back with 2 magnaflow resonator and ported thorttler hoping to get 29x whp
lets see if with the tuned i can break the 300whp
Old 08-18-16, 06:17 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rlydeadly
hey guys i just receive my tune and going to the dyno tomorrow to se before and after
now i have : ppe headers,fsport filtrer,joez intake,invidia mid pipe, custom axle back with 2 magnaflow resonator and ported thorttler hoping to get 29x whp
Hmm yeah I'm pretty sure you will at least be in the 290whp range. But I guess it all depends on the Dyno too...

Anyway glad to see there are people buying this tune! How do you feel your cars performance has changed? Also can you please PLEASE post am acceleration video or something of that nature, to help give everyone a good idea of how this tune benefits the IS350? I would do it myself if I had the tune but with my plans for the future, money is kind of tight right now.. Thanks!
Old 08-18-16, 04:27 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rlydeadly
You will not break 300.
You will get mid 290s.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Old 08-20-16, 11:59 AM
BLAD350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will not break 300.
You will get mid 290s.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Just because ur car is slow doesnt mean u have to put others down. My car did one pull at 308 and the next one 310 so dont be close minded
Old 08-20-16, 12:03 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BLAD350
Just because ur car is slow doesnt mean u have to put others down. My car did one pull at 308 and the next one 310 so dont be close minded
To be fair it all depends on the dyno. Also how it was dyno'd plays a role as well.. There was member on here that had full bolt ons including the PPE headers and RR Racing tune and only got mid 290's I believe. Hence why Icy350 said that's most likely what he will get on a dyno. Also Icy350 was the first of us to be tuned and has since moved on to something much faster than our IS350' s lol.

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing ECU Tune