CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Supercharger Kit for your IS350?
Absolutely! I would purchase if available.
59.26%
I might be interested.
34.26%
Not really that interested.
5.56%
What's a Supercharger?
0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Gathering Interest IS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-15, 01:55 PM
rsx2crazy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would your tuning software be able to disable the speed limiter?
Old 09-01-15, 09:01 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rsx2crazy
I am not 100% sure. I will ask about it while testing.
Old 09-01-15, 01:29 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Has anyone done any research on the strength of the tranny? More so on the AWD setup?
Old 09-01-15, 03:16 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JB5674
Has anyone done any research on the strength of the tranny? More so on the AWD setup?
Toyota is notorious for building strong transmissions. We will do testing but we don't foresee an issue here.
Old 09-01-15, 03:44 PM
rex2lex
Rookie

I was going to ask a similar question........ Will the piggy back and/or the entire super charger kit be applicable to both the RWD and AWD versions, even though they have different transmissions / drivetrains?
Old 09-02-15, 09:19 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rex2lex
I was going to ask a similar question........ Will the piggy back and/or the entire super charger kit be applicable to both the RWD and AWD versions, even though they have different transmissions / drivetrains?
I am not sure. We will have to do some testing after the RWD kit is completed.
Old 09-02-15, 02:44 PM
rex2lex
Rookie

Originally Posted by STILLEN
I am not sure. We will have to do some testing after the RWD kit is completed.
Ok thanks, and please keep us AWD owners updated. I'm sure there are a bunch of us who'd be interested in this. I don't know the percentage of RWD vs AWD sales for the 2014+ IS350, but in most northern states that get considerable snow I'm guessing AWD is the king, as I'm sure down south RWD is king. Would be a shame to potentially cut out a percentage of the customer base. Where I live (western NY) the dealer here, which is one of the bigger ones on the east coast, doesn't carry any RWD Lexus models. No one here buys RWD so the dealer doesn't even bother. I won't buy anything but AWD myself.... it's funny to watch the mustang / Camaro / corvette crowd scurry to store their cars away for the next six months once November rolls around and the Lexus / WRX/STI / Evo / maybe an infinity & audi crowd is still ripping up the streets all year long. Would be real nice to have fun in the snow with a supercharger strapped on.
Old 09-02-15, 03:33 PM
goldengame
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok thanks, and please keep us AWD owners updated. I'm sure there are a bunch of us who'd be interested in this. I don't know the percentage of RWD vs AWD sales for the 2014+ IS350, but in most northern states that get considerable snow I'm guessing AWD is the king, as I'm sure down south RWD is king. Would be a shame to potentially cut out a percentage of the customer base. Where I live (western NY) the dealer here, which is one of the bigger ones on the east coast, doesn't carry any RWD Lexus models. No one here buys RWD so the dealer doesn't even bother. I won't buy anything but AWD myself.... it's funny to watch the mustang / Camaro / corvette crowd scurry to store their cars away for the next six months once November rolls around and the Lexus / WRX/STI / Evo / maybe an infinity & audi crowd is still ripping up the streets all year long. Would be real nice to have fun in the snow with a supercharger strapped on.
I agree! I have an AWD not because it was my first choice, but because it was my only choice. I live in Toronto and there were no RWD ones on the lot for 2015 and they discontinued RWD for Canada in 2016. I feel like any states that get snow + Canada will have a very high percentage of AWD owners. In fact, I've only ever seen 2 third-gen RWD IS350s on the road here.

While I love my car so far, I think a little extra oomph from a supercharger would be awesome.
Old 09-02-15, 04:19 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rsx2crazy
I second this request ! It would make the 8 speed tranny so much more useful.
IS350 tops out at 145 or so in 6th currently.
Old 09-02-15, 05:48 PM
rsx2crazy
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexSense
I second this request ! It would make the 8 speed tranny so much more useful.
IS350 tops out at 145 or so in 6th currently.
It would only make sense right? 400hp car should top out around 160+
Old 09-03-15, 01:38 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I will discuss the AWD with our engineer and see if he has any knowledge on it. If we need to do testing it will be a little difficult getting an AWD IS as they are pretty rare in Southern California.
Old 09-03-15, 01:42 PM
14is350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I will discuss the AWD with our engineer and see if he has any knowledge on it. If we need to do testing it will be a little difficult getting an AWD IS as they are pretty rare in Southern California.

I know a couple. One in norther California another in Reno including mine. Keep us updated on the awd
Old 09-04-15, 04:37 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know a lot about the Lexus/Toyota engines....... I had a 2011 WRX before the Lexus. Over 3 years with mods I added about 100 HP at the crank, raised boost from 14 to 21, pro-tuned, took a chance and did not change the internals. About a month after the last mod, a new bigger intercooler, at around 40k miles, boom, piston ring in cylinder 4 destroyed.

Can the IS 350 engine (2GR-FSE) handle 100 extra HP without replacing the internals and how well do you think will this engine hold up to a supercharger over time, even under low boost?
Not sure what other mods you had to your WRX but 21 psi is more then most tuners would do without new injectors, fuel pump & intercooler. You were certainly pushing the limits of the stock drivetrain. We typically stick to 18.5 psi for stock motors with the stock IC and maybe 19 or 19.5 with an aftermarket top mount. With this on 93 octane the WRX should put right about 300 to the wheels (with downpipes) and be very reliable
Old 09-04-15, 11:43 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just from my knowledge of My AWD and as well as messing around with the RWD models, the engine space from the strut towers and forward are identical. If its a pulley driven supercharger, it will likely sit in the same spot or if not near where the current stock air box. The only issue I can foresee compared to supercharger kits on previous ISx50 models (mostly on RWD cars) is intercooler piping which can be easily resolved with a single sided FMIC. I have no doubt that even if you tried to make it specifically for the 3rd gen IS350, it would eventually become a universal application among 2nd and 3rd gen IS250/350's

I am just curious on what is stillen future lookout since it looks as though the 4cyl IS200T will eventually become a more popular item than the V6 purely because of its ease of turbo parts and availability. Im hoping you guys put more research into the V6 platform. It seems as tho for lexus cars, they seem to be come more popular in the tuning market a few years past their production
Old 09-04-15, 09:06 PM
rex2lex
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mr645
Not sure what other mods you had to your WRX but 21 psi is more then most tuners would do without new injectors, fuel pump & intercooler. You were certainly pushing the limits of the stock drivetrain. We typically stick to 18.5 psi for stock motors with the stock IC and maybe 19 or 19.5 with an aftermarket top mount. With this on 93 octane the WRX should put right about 300 to the wheels (with downpipes) and be very reliable
Sorry I mis-spoke. Pulled up my wrx tunes and it was 20psi.

After market parts were: cold air intake, catted downpipe, cat back exhaust, top mount intercooler, up-pipe, electronic boost controller, fuel pump, turbo blanket, denso one-step colder spark plugs. 93 gas. Stage 3 tuned by Eric at Torqued Performance and launch control by chROM. Was 293 to the wheels on a mustang dyno, 333 on a dynojet dyno.

My buddy spun the bearings in his 2012 with just stage 2 parts and tune and under 20k miles. Different parts and tuned by different shop. While mine was in the shop another wrx came in with same issue, ringland issue, cylinder #4. Usually the subie boxer is pretty good, but if something does go I always hear it's either piston ring or spun bearings.

Quick Reply: Gathering Interest IS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll