CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Supercharger Kit for your IS350?
Absolutely! I would purchase if available.
59.26%
I might be interested.
34.26%
Not really that interested.
5.56%
What's a Supercharger?
0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Gathering Interest IS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-15 | 03:29 AM
leaderpvp
Rookie

IS250 also looking for superchargers :-D
Old 09-06-15 | 11:00 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rex2lex
Sorry I mis-spoke. Pulled up my wrx tunes and it was 20psi.

After market parts were: cold air intake, catted downpipe, cat back exhaust, top mount intercooler, up-pipe, electronic boost controller, fuel pump, turbo blanket, denso one-step colder spark plugs. 93 gas. Stage 3 tuned by Eric at Torqued Performance and launch control by chROM. Was 293 to the wheels on a mustang dyno, 333 on a dynojet dyno.

My buddy spun the bearings in his 2012 with just stage 2 parts and tune and under 20k miles. Different parts and tuned by different shop. While mine was in the shop another wrx came in with same issue, ringland issue, cylinder #4. Usually the subie boxer is pretty good, but if something does go I always hear it's either piston ring or spun bearings.
Sounds like you had the right parts. And power was not pushed too hard. My 2012 hit 289 hp on a Mustang dyno with a hatless DP and tune my Mike Botti. 18.5 PSI. The car was 240 stock and 289 after the DP and tune. No other mods
Old 09-06-15 | 06:56 PM
rex2lex
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mr645
Sounds like you had the right parts. And power was not pushed too hard. My 2012 hit 289 hp on a Mustang dyno with a hatless DP and tune my Mike Botti. 18.5 PSI. The car was 240 stock and 289 after the DP and tune. No other mods
Ya, guess it was just bad luck. I took it back to stock and got all but $1500 covered under warranty, then I traded it in for the Lexus. If I didn't have the engine trouble on the wrx I would have kept it and wouldn't have got the Lexus. In the end it worked out. Hopefully this supercharger will work out for the AWD models too.
Old 09-08-15 | 08:09 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 14is350
I know a couple. One in norther California another in Reno including mine. Keep us updated on the awd
As development progresses we will see what we can do to get an AWD in here for some testing. We will also do some research into the AWD in general and see if there are any potential compatibility issues.
Old 09-08-15 | 08:14 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
Just from my knowledge of My AWD and as well as messing around with the RWD models, the engine space from the strut towers and forward are identical. If its a pulley driven supercharger, it will likely sit in the same spot or if not near where the current stock air box. The only issue I can foresee compared to supercharger kits on previous ISx50 models (mostly on RWD cars) is intercooler piping which can be easily resolved with a single sided FMIC. I have no doubt that even if you tried to make it specifically for the 3rd gen IS350, it would eventually become a universal application among 2nd and 3rd gen IS250/350's

I am just curious on what is stillen future lookout since it looks as though the 4cyl IS200T will eventually become a more popular item than the V6 purely because of its ease of turbo parts and availability. Im hoping you guys put more research into the V6 platform. It seems as tho for lexus cars, they seem to be come more popular in the tuning market a few years past their production
We are hoping the kit will work on the 2nd gen IS as well as the 3rd gen GS. We will find out when the kit is complete

We have looked at the 200t but without a lot of testing we don't know what the tuning potential there will be. We will most likely make parts for the turbo motor. However, like many other multi engine optioned cars (not sure how else to say that), there will still always be a demand for the bigger motor.
Old 09-08-15 | 10:34 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by STILLEN
We are hoping the kit will work on the 2nd gen IS as well as the 3rd gen GS. We will find out when the kit is complete

We have looked at the 200t but without a lot of testing we don't know what the tuning potential there will be. We will most likely make parts for the turbo motor. However, like many other multi engine optioned cars (not sure how else to say that), there will still always be a demand for the bigger motor.
if it is for the gs 350, should be compatible with the RC 350 too I would assume since same engine, but minor differences in the transmission
Old 09-08-15 | 11:52 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SRC350F
if it is for the gs 350, should be compatible with the RC 350 too I would assume since same engine, but minor differences in the transmission
That was our thinking
Old 09-14-15 | 07:27 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

I don't know why your NOT testing it on the 2IS already. Those cars are a dime a dozen now for a pretty affordable price. You can get 2 2IS for the price of 1 3IS. performance parts will cross over and you will save your self in the long run
Old 09-14-15 | 11:00 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Is there anyone on here that has or knows someone that has a IS350 AWD in Southern California? I know it is a long shot but figured I'd check.
Old 09-14-15 | 11:01 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
I don't know why your NOT testing it on the 2IS already. Those cars are a dime a dozen now for a pretty affordable price. You can get 2 2IS for the price of 1 3IS. performance parts will cross over and you will save your self in the long run
If someone with a 2IS wants to swing by for a few hours we might be able to take a look. I'll have to talk to the engineering department though.
Old 09-14-15 | 11:13 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

I wish I lived in cali... -.-;;
Old 09-14-15 | 03:01 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Is there anyone on here that has or knows someone that has a IS350 AWD in Southern California? I know it is a long shot but figured I'd check.
That is like looking for the Loch Ness monster, maybe if you want to work out a deal I may be able to drive down for you... Or a plan I mean... I did it to help out JoeZ too. but maybe someone in So Cal has purchased an AWD... Let me know your thoughts or feel free to PM me.
Thanks,
Mark
Old 09-14-15 | 03:08 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NVMarkus
That is like looking for the Loch Ness monster, maybe if you want to work out a deal I may be able to drive down for you... Or a plan I mean... I did it to help out JoeZ too. but maybe someone in So Cal has purchased an AWD... Let me know your thoughts or feel free to PM me.
Thanks,
Mark
Not entire impossible. I'm in NY now but MY is250 AWD was originally from San Diego. Theres a few floating if you look hard enough. If you go NorCal you can definitely find one from the Oregon area
Old 09-14-15 | 07:34 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

well true, but he is also looking for a 350 :-)
Old 09-15-15 | 04:59 AM
Ncimo
Driver School Candidate

Mark,

Quick question. are you going to create different maps for the F-Sport additions? I wish I were closer to you. I have a IS 350 AWD F-Sport.

Quick Reply: Gathering Interest IS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll