CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-17, 06:06 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,384 Likes on 636 Posts

Originally Posted by ToDesi
Rafi,
Any tune adjustments for those of that bought when it first came out, any new updates?
There might be depending on the year/model. Please email us and we will get back to you on that.

Originally Posted by Rezno
Not sure if this was asked previously but will the SC kit be compatible with the 2IS as well?
Should be, but it would require someone with a 2IS bringing us the car for customization of the tune.

Originally Posted by Mesh704
We need the TCU Tune. Any update
I agree, that's something we are working on, it requires a separate flash procedure of the TCU chip, and most likelly will require sending in the ECU.

Also the SC KIT any update ?
Yes, we are a bit behind due to release of our RCF SC kit, but its going well and I will update soon.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 06-08-17, 02:47 PM
Rezno
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Should be, but it would require someone with a 2IS bringing us the car for customization of the tune.
Could someone with a 2IS send you their ECU for the custom tune or would you actually need the car to be present?
Old 06-08-17, 11:34 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
.I agree, that's something we are working on, it requires a separate flash procedure of the TCU chip, and most likelly will require sending in the ECU.

Rafi
I'm down to send you my ECU from Saudi but are you SURE %100 that you going to fix the TCU slip on the high RPM ?

If yes, will send it today

Thanks so much Rafi&Simon for helping the lexus community
Old 06-28-17, 01:54 PM
FreshIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi, just wondering if the tune is available for the 2017 IS300 AWD
Old 06-29-17, 04:37 AM
sarcoptic
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I finally have great news...but want to give some initial background. This process was done on a 2016 RC300 AWD:

5/18 - Ordered ECU Flash
5/22 - Received in mail, sent RR my ECU file
5/24 - Found out didn't have ECU on file, worked out a plan to send them my ECU to pull the initial file
5/31 - Sent dropped off FedEx overnight (RR covered)
6/2 - Received ECU back via FedEx overnight (RR covered)
6/28 - Received my file ECU flash

It took a little longer than expected (due to not having the file on hand) but Simon was absolutely amazing in communications via email. They always responded within 12 hours with both good and bad news. Instead of giving up once they figured out they didn't have the file on hand we worked out a process to get them my ECU. I was only without the car for 48 hours. This should tell members a lot about RR Racing. They love their customers and they love their profession.

As for the ECU flash. I have been running it for around 12 hours and now. The car feels transformed. Right off the bat you can feel the smoothness in the power curve all the way to the new 7200 rpm redline. The car feels totally restored to the true 3.5L it should be. Prior to the flash I had a Torque (Android) setup so have an idea of what the car was prior to the flash. I plan on getting that put back on this weekend and hope to provide some proof over just my butt dyno however the jump in butt dyno was significant that I know it worked.

I can't stress enough to the owners of an IS300 or RC300....this should be your first mod. Save the $$$ and skip the exhaust/intake and do this first. Finally to RR Racing you guys were awesome to work with. Thanks again for everything!
Old 06-29-17, 06:39 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

I'm down to send you my ECU from Saudi but are you SURE %100 that you going to fix the TCU slip on the high RPM ?

If yes, will send it today

Thanks so much Rafi&Simon for helping the lexus community

We are working on it, sorry if these things take a lot of time sometimes. Our top priority now is completing the IS350 SC kit.

Originally Posted by FreshIS
Hi, just wondering if the tune is available for the 2017 IS300 AWD
Yes, but unfortunately the OBD programmers do not work with the 2017MY cars, our supplier is working to solve this issue.

Originally Posted by sarcoptic
I finally have great news...but want to give some initial background. This process was done on a 2016 RC300 AWD:

5/18 - Ordered ECU Flash
5/24 - Found out didn't have ECU on file, worked out a plan to send them my ECU to pull the initial file

It took a little longer than expected (due to not having the file on hand) but Simon was absolutely amazing in communications via email. They always responded within 12 hours with both good and bad news. Instead of giving up once they figured out they didn't have the file on hand we worked out a process to get them my ECU. I was only without the car for 48 hours. This should tell members a lot about RR Racing. They love their customers and they love their profession.

As for the ECU flash. I have been running it for around 12 hours and now. The car feels transformed. Right off the bat you can feel the smoothness in the power curve all the way to the new 7200 rpm redline. The car feels totally restored to the true 3.5L it should be. Prior to the flash I had a Torque (Android) setup so have an idea of what the car was prior to the flash. I plan on getting that put back on this weekend and hope to provide some proof over just my butt dyno however the jump in butt dyno was significant that I know it worked.

I can't stress enough to the owners of an IS300 or RC300....this should be your first mod. Save the $$$ and skip the exhaust/intake and do this first. Finally to RR Racing you guys were awesome to work with. Thanks again for everything!
I am really sorry for the delay, but I am glad you are liking the tune!

Rafi

Old 06-30-17, 11:03 AM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

5/18 - Ordered ECU Flash

Great write up. I'd be interested in seeing the torque results too
Old 07-02-17, 06:37 PM
turbo1
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey RR, what are the gains for a 2013 GS350 AWD, they are not listed on your site.
Old 07-04-17, 05:33 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by turbo1
Hey RR, what are the gains for a 2013 GS350 AWD, they are not listed on your site.
Hi... we have not actually dyno'd a GS350 AWD, however mechanically and tuning wise the IS350/GS350 are essentially the same. The gain is about 10hp, but as I say often, the biggest gain is the added 500+rpm rev limit as it noticeably increases the usable powerband. Keep in mid the 6sp AWD cars do not have a transmission slip issue above 6700 like the RWD 8sp cars.

Rafi

Old 07-05-17, 05:27 AM
sarcoptic
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by and3re
Great write up. I'd be interested in seeing the torque results too
So after the holiday weekend and tinkering with the Torque app. I can honestly say my hp and torque numbers both have increased by 20+. It it hard to get a good baseline using the Torque app but the 20+ is averages from a dead stop and rolling start. I still think the best part of this has been the smoothness of power overall going through the gears. The car pulls hard through each gear before shifting and doesn't feel like a honda when you hit that point in the powerband where vtec kicks in. I don't have a lot else to add except thanks again to Simon, Rafi, and RR Racing!
Old 07-05-17, 06:28 AM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

So after the holiday weekend and tinkering with the Torque app. I can honestly say my hp and torque numbers both have increased by 20+. It it hard to get a good baseline using the Torque app but the 20+ is averages from a dead stop and rolling start. I still think the best part of this has been the smoothness of power overall going through the gears. The car pulls hard through each gear before shifting and doesn't feel like a honda when you hit that point in the powerband where vtec kicks in. I don't have a lot else to add except thanks again to Simon, Rafi, and RR Racing!

Did you use torque to 0-60 record your times?
Or any other comparisons to your stock torque results?
Old 07-16-17, 05:38 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anything new about the TCU update ?
Old 07-16-17, 04:09 PM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I finally had the time to deal with this 4 months later. No idea why my tuner refused to write my tune file to the ECU? But I was in contact with Simon and he squared me away almost immediately. He had me reset my tuner, re ID the ECU, send my file in to him, he sent my new tune back in a few minutes, I uploaded it to the car and the car took the tune this time around.

Test drove the car and feels great. There is one short merge lane onto a highway near my house. In stock form my IS300 can hit about 110km/h by the time I merge if I'm lucky. With the tune it could hit 130km/h no problem. And that was the first pull I did. From what I understand the car will advance its timing over time when it senses no knock.

Havent driven enough to get a feel on gas mileage. I did a few quick boots through town and then had to screw off back to camp for work.
Old 07-16-17, 09:55 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Viktimize
Well I finally had the time to deal with this 4 months later. No idea why my tuner refused to write my tune file to the ECU? But I was in contact with Simon and he squared me away almost immediately. He had me reset my tuner, re ID the ECU, send my file in to him, he sent my new tune back in a few minutes, I uploaded it to the car and the car took the tune this time around.

Test drove the car and feels great. There is one short merge lane onto a highway near my house. In stock form my IS300 can hit about 110km/h by the time I merge if I'm lucky. With the tune it could hit 130km/h no problem. And that was the first pull I did. From what I understand the car will advance its timing over time when it senses no knock.

Havent driven enough to get a feel on gas mileage. I did a few quick boots through town and then had to screw off back to camp for work.
is this a 17 is300?
Old 07-17-17, 07:45 AM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ttsport15
is this a 17 is300?

nope. 2016. No difference far as I knew.

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development