CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-17, 11:54 AM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Can’t wait wait...Any # yet with a safe tune....?
Old 10-14-17, 12:14 PM
IMSCHUR
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd sure love to tune my 2017 IS300 up just a bit to IS350 output no SC, via OBD.

pretty sweet SC install - totally clean. If I were trying to squeeze everything out of this platform, which I ain't as a vette is my "fun" car, I'd be all over that,
Old 10-14-17, 12:48 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by schur
I'd sure love to tune my 2017 IS300 up just a bit to IS350 output no SC, via OBD.

pretty sweet SC install - totally clean. If I were trying to squeeze everything out of this platform, which I ain't as a vette is my "fun" car, I'd be all over that,
well with a SC on the 300/350, you can have an everyday fun car, and surprise a lot of people too
The following users liked this post:
ttsport15 (10-14-17)
Old 10-14-17, 12:54 PM
IMSCHUR
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
well with a SC on the 300/350, you can have an everyday fun car, and surprise a lot of people too

LOL Not Helping!!! Under 7K on an SC and tune and I may really really have to think about it.

Then I'd prob need to do headers and full exhaust to, as I did on my C6 which is already over 600HP - custom Chuck CoW tune in that . My IS is supposed to be my everyday beater, my winter car I don't want to go too nuts.

Leme know if.when you get the OBD programming figured out for the '17. If not I am thinking of sending my PCM in for a bench tune (I'm assuming you can do that) before my summer fun car goes to hibernate under its blanky. I'd love to buy a bench tune if what I invest can go at least partially towards the OBD when you come out with it.

Last edited by IMSCHUR; 10-14-17 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-15-17, 05:40 AM
gte
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the 366whp on the rwd or awd model? Is that number with stock headers and exhaust? What type of additional fuel controller are you using and does that come pretuned?

sorry, we will post info on Monday. We are at Watkins Glen right now doing some final testing. Here is a pic for now:

Old 10-15-17, 07:07 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by IS300GTE
Is the 366whp on the rwd or awd model? Is that number with stock headers and exhaust? What type of additional fuel controller are you using and does that come pretuned?
366whp is RWD, 6.5psi, with headers/exhaust, but decatted stock manifold will make about same power with this setup.

The fuel controller comes pre-programmed, but can also be custom tuned by the user in real time, including future support for larger injectors and flex fuel which is something that's in the works.

Rafi
ttsport15 (10-15-17)
Old 10-15-17, 03:24 PM
gte
Driver

That's great. For the stage 2 ~389whp at 8psi, will that be available on 93 octane with stock compression? Are there any plans to lower compression slightly to maximize the rest of the components, stock engine, stock trans, etc?

Do you have a GS350 to trial fit this kit to already for the projected November release?

366whp is RWD, 6.5psi, with headers/exhaust, but decatted stock manifold will make about same power with this setup.

The fuel controller comes pre-programmed, but can also be custom tuned by the user in real time, including future support for larger injectors and flex fuel which is something that's in the works.

Rafi
Old 10-16-17, 04:40 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

That's great. For the stage 2 ~389whp at 8psi, will that be available on 93 octane with stock compression? Are there any plans to lower compression slightly to maximize the rest of the components, stock engine, stock trans, etc?

Do you have a GS350 to trial fit this kit to already for the projected November release?
There shouldn't be any long term issue with running stock compression on 93 pump with about 400whp. But, we are currently testing that so not ready to jump to any conclusion just yet, we take it one step at a time. Ultimate goal is to run 500whp, which will require a basic engine internal upgrade. That said, if you follow our ISF/RCF development work, it will get done!

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 10-16-17, 09:59 AM
gte
Driver

I have seen the ISF and RCF kits. I do not want to rebuild the engine, but if you guys consider lowering compression via a thicker headgasket, I would be interested in that. I'd like to maximize the 2gr stock internals and stock awd transmission and leave it at that. Thanks

There shouldn't be any long term issue with running stock compression on 93 pump with about 400whp. But, we are currently testing that so not ready to jump to any conclusion just yet, we take it one step at a time. Ultimate goal is to run 500whp, which will require a basic engine internal upgrade. That said, if you follow our ISF/RCF development work, it will get done!

Rafi
Old 10-16-17, 12:07 PM
turbo1
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is basic internal upgrade?

Rafi
Old 10-16-17, 04:09 PM
FireLexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IS there a post with dyno numbers, pictures videos or anything yet?
Old 10-16-17, 09:33 PM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by FireLexus
IS there a post with dyno numbers, pictures videos or anything yet?
First page first post bro...
Old 10-16-17, 10:10 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo1
What is basic internal upgrade?
Not much of "basic", mostly forged pistons and rod.
Old 10-17-17, 04:31 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

I have seen the ISF and RCF kits. I do not want to rebuild the engine, but if you guys consider lowering compression via a thicker headgasket, I would be interested in that. I'd like to maximize the 2gr stock internals and stock awd transmission and leave it at that. Thanks
Hi... there is absolutely no need to upgrade engine internals or reduce compression for our stage I kit that makes 366whp or 430 crank hp. We are in the process of testing further upgrades, and will not release them until we are confident that the engine can handle it, but based on the extensive testing that we hvae done with the Stage I setup, we have absolute confidence in this engine to handle the power very reliably. Throughout every steop of our development, we thoroughly examine the engine and perform compression and leakdown testing.

We have about 8000 miles of testing complete as of today with the Stage 1 setup. And I am not talking about driving around town.... its all hard pulls, on the road, dyno, and track. Just this past weekend, we made a 500 mile round trip to Watkins Glen Raceway., extensively tracked the car (will post video soon), and drove back -- no trailer, and just a few wrenches in the trunk... which we didn't have to use because the car was FLAWLESS, and after all that didn't even consume a drop of oil. We feel sorry for the guy who brought his stock SRT8 Jeep for the beginner track session, and blew the engine at the end of the day, all while we pushed our IS350 to the absolute limit trying to keep up with track prepped Z06's and Vipers without a hickup.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 10-17-17 at 04:41 AM.
RageRacerM (10-17-17)
Old 10-17-17, 06:17 AM
gte
Driver

Hi,

I meant the headgasket for the higher horsepower goals (400whp to 500whp), instead of an internal replacement. A spacer headgasket is about as far as I'm willing to go with this engine, so untouched bottom end and trans is where I draw the line, but am open to a headgasket and cams lol. It's great you all are pushing the heck out of the car to verify longevity and driving characteristics, those are at the top of my list above performance, and I would guess most forum members feel the same!

When is the official release date and do you have a GS350 to fit it to already?

Hi... there is absolutely no need to upgrade engine internals or reduce compression for our stage I kit that makes 366whp or 430 crank hp. We are in the process of testing further upgrades, and will not release them until we are confident that the engine can handle it, but based on the extensive testing that we hvae done with the Stage I setup, we have absolute confidence in this engine to handle the power very reliably. Throughout every steop of our development, we thoroughly examine the engine and perform compression and leakdown testing.

We have about 8000 miles of testing complete as of today with the Stage 1 setup. And I am not talking about driving around town.... its all hard pulls, on the road, dyno, and track. Just this past weekend, we made a 500 mile round trip to Watkins Glen Raceway., extensively tracked the car (will post video soon), and drove back -- no trailer, and just a few wrenches in the trunk... which we didn't have to use because the car was FLAWLESS, and after all that didn't even consume a drop of oil. We feel sorry for the guy who brought his stock SRT8 Jeep for the beginner track session, and blew the engine at the end of the day, all while we pushed our IS350 to the absolute limit trying to keep up with track prepped Z06's and Vipers without a hickup.

Rafi

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development