CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-18, 05:05 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by Mesh704
Stage 1 ( 5800 RPM ) / Stage 2 ( 7200 RPM )

AWD Stage 1and 2 are ready.

RWD only Stage 1 is ready / Stage 2 coming soon as they said
We are working on Stage 2 for RWD, the actual limit right now is 5950rpm.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 01-28-18, 05:17 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing

Rafi
Can't wait to get my SC KIT 🙏?🙏?
Old 02-02-18, 04:50 PM
gte
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

what can what can be done to get 440 to 450 wheel horsepower out of this setup on 93 octane?

Rafi
Old 02-03-18, 11:40 AM
Break2
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey guys. A few questions that Im sure were already answered in this thread. The first is, would this void any kind of warranty? The second is, does this eliminate the low end lag? We have an A5 loaner right now (wife's car is being serviced) and the car has the same amount of HP and there is no lag. I understand the car is turbocharged, but the absence of the lag is very noticeable.
Old 02-03-18, 12:31 PM
Drawblood
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Break2
Hey guys. A few questions that Im sure were already answered in this thread. The first is, would this void any kind of warranty? The second is, does this eliminate the low end lag? We have an A5 loaner right now (wife's car is being serviced) and the car has the same amount of HP and there is no lag. I understand the car is turbocharged, but the absence of the lag is very noticeable.
If you flash the ECU, I would say they probably wouldn't notice. If you add headers, exhaust, and SC kit then YES. Technically anything installed by you, not the dealer, could potentially void your warranty.
RR has done a tremendous amount of HARD miles with the SC, headers and exhasut installed with no issues.
Now...about the apple and orange comparison of a turbo car and an NA car...the NA car has a smooth power curve and a turbo car feels like you get a swift kick in the *** around 3500 rpm once the turbo spools. With the new twin scroll turbos you have a lot more power at the low end.
Good, Bad??? You can decide.
I will note...I've raced STi's for years and I chose the IS as a daily driver. The IS motor is bomb proof. They've been around for years, hence the reason RR is racing them.
I will end with this. I'll be adding a tune, headers and exhaust to my IS as soon as my odometer reads 10k, and illI be looking at the RR kit exclusively.
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (02-04-18)
Old 02-03-18, 04:50 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Drawblood
If you flash the ECU, I would say they probably wouldn't notice. If you add headers, exhaust, and SC kit then YES. Technically anything installed by you, not the dealer, could potentially void your warranty.
RR has done a tremendous amount of HARD miles with the SC, headers and exhasut installed with no issues.
Now...about the apple and orange comparison of a turbo car and an NA car...the NA car has a smooth power curve and a turbo car feels like you get a swift kick in the *** around 3500 rpm once the turbo spools. With the new twin scroll turbos you have a lot more power at the low end.
Good, Bad??? You can decide.
I will note...I've raced STi's for years and I chose the IS as a daily driver. The IS motor is bomb proof. They've been around for years, hence the reason RR is racing them.
I will end with this. I'll be adding a tune, headers and exhaust to my IS as soon as my odometer reads 10k, and illI be looking at the RR kit exclusively.
I should have specified just ECU flash.
Old 02-03-18, 05:36 PM
Drawblood
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Break2
I should have specified just ECU flash.
They'll never notice, go for it! Your motor will run better, keep the same gas mileage and be a lot fast!
The only issue is...if you have a 2017+, you'll be without your car several days. The ECU will have to be over nighted to RR for a bench top tune, then they'll over night it back. Contact them directly for further details. Don't let this scare you, it's worth every penny and all your time.
If you get ambitious...like myself...the headers and exhaust turn the IS into an absolute beast! And it sounds amazing as well!
FreshIS (02-04-18)
Old 02-11-18, 05:00 PM
gte
Driver

@rrracing , can you reply?

Originally Posted by gte
what can what can be done to get 440 to 450 wheel horsepower out of this setup on 93 octane?
Old 02-11-18, 05:20 PM
IMSCHUR
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gte
Seriously? You are demanding a response to your demand for 450 RWHP on an Lexus IS 3.5 L V6? You want another 10% on what, 2 octane?

Gotta say, shut up or put up. They have blown this into the stratosphere - Are you buying the 412HP, or are you just here to blow smoke?
412 Rear wheel horsepower on a dyno. 3.5 Liter. Think about it man.
Old 02-11-18, 07:06 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Originally Posted by gte
Their goals is to hit 500WHP. And I have faith they will achieve that.

For now with Stage2 you will get 412 WHP on pump gas with about 10 PSI.
Old 02-12-18, 05:13 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by schur
Seriously? You are demanding a response to your demand for 450 RWHP on an Lexus IS 3.5 L V6? You want another 10% on what, 2 octane?

Gotta say, shut up or put up. They have blown this into the stratosphere - Are you buying the 412HP, or are you just here to blow smoke?
We have enough supercharger capacity and fueling to reach 450whp, but we don't have an AWD test car. So if someone local is willing to track their car with us at 450whp to test the long term reliability of the 2GRFSE at those power levels, let us know.

We are currently working on solving the tuning issues that will allow us to reach Stage 2 power levels on the RWD platforms.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 02-12-18, 09:31 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

We have enough supercharger capacity and fueling to reach 450whp, but we don't have an AWD test car. So if someone local is willing to track their car with us at 450whp to test the long term reliability of the 2GRFSE at those power levels, let us know.

We are currently working on solving the tuning issues that will allow us to reach Stage 2 power levels on the RWD platforms.

Rafi
Yes please Rafi finish the RWD stage 2.
Old 02-12-18, 10:28 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Anxiously waiting for you guys to start work on the 8AR-FTS (4 cylinder turbo) tuning!
loophole35 (02-13-18)
Old 02-12-18, 06:24 PM
gte
Driver

Pwned. I guess you are one of those people that didn't learn to stay quiet when you didn't know what you were talking about. Let's see by your reply (or lack there of) if you can be one of those people to accept correction when they are wrong and not let their pride get the best of them causing them to try and rationalize or excuse away why they were wrong.

Originally Posted by schur

Rafi
I don't road race my car so I can't help with that part, however I really appreciate your approach to determining reliability before offering it to the customer. Kudos!
Old 02-13-18, 09:02 AM
IMSCHUR
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gte
Pwned. I guess you are one of those people that didn't learn to stay quiet when you didn't know what you were talking about. Let's see by your reply (or lack there of) if you can be one of those people to accept correction when they are wrong and not let their pride get the best of them causing them to try and rationalize or excuse away why they were wrong.
LOL you're right I had no idea RR had signed up for 450RWHP - that will be astonishing - I can't wait to see the Dyno charts

I'm looking forward to your review gte, when yours is installed! Keep us updated!!!

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development