CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-20, 07:02 PM
Thomas46
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Es 300

will this system on this model
Old 12-16-20, 11:26 PM
LHLXD
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I know this is an IS thread but I'm pretty sure installation is just the same as almost all the lexus line up. I currently have a 2016 lexus NX and I got the lexion kit. I cant find any installation instructions and I want to install it. The thing is that I do not know which plug goes where. I see more plugs unused than used. I've installed the beatsonic before so I know some parts go where but this is a bit different. Anyone care to share me your installation instructions so I can reference it over? Been trying to reach lexion for days with no response yet. Their diagram shows only a vague installation, but i see more plugs than just colored lines and boxes.
Old 12-17-20, 12:05 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by LHLXD
I know this is an IS thread but I'm pretty sure installation is just the same as almost all the lexus line up. I currently have a 2016 lexus NX and I got the lexion kit. I cant find any installation instructions and I want to install it. The thing is that I do not know which plug goes where. I see more plugs unused than used. I've installed the beatsonic before so I know some parts go where but this is a bit different. Anyone care to share me your installation instructions so I can reference it over? Been trying to reach lexion for days with no response yet. Their diagram shows only a vague installation, but i see more plugs than just colored lines and boxes.
I messaged Lexion Automotive on Facebook and got a response fairly quickly. https://www.facebook.com/lexionautomotive/
Old 12-17-20, 07:43 AM
LHLXD
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
I messaged Lexion Automotive on Facebook and got a response fairly quickly. https://www.facebook.com/lexionautomotive/
I messaged Eric Kim's Lexion Facebook which he had a recent post of an installation of the Lexus NX than that of the Lexion Automotive facebook page, thinking he may be frequent there. Currently waiting for his response. I also replied an email he sent me after the kit purchase directly with no response. Was just hoping I can cut corners and ask the members if they have the installation instructions rather than waiting on different platforms for his response.
Old 12-19-20, 02:05 PM
JKING3
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Installing this at the moment.. quick can someone tell me what the blue green and red vga outputs coming out the screen are for? There’s also a yellow camera vga male connector on a different cable that is unused..
so far everything is going smooth, there was two cables one for touchscreen and one for mouse trackpad so hopefully the mouse works on CarPlay because the touchscreen is just too far. If anyone has any questions let me know
Old 12-19-20, 02:19 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by JKING3
Installing this at the moment.. quick can someone tell me what the blue green and red vga outputs coming out the screen are for? There’s also a yellow camera vga male connector on a different cable that is unused..
so far everything is going smooth, there was two cables one for touchscreen and one for mouse trackpad so hopefully the mouse works on CarPlay because the touchscreen is just too far. If anyone has any questions let me know
Ignore the loose wires with color they’re not used unless you want to tap reverse camera sensor.
Old 12-19-20, 08:28 PM
JKING3
Driver

Originally Posted by dojoman
Ignore the loose wires with color they’re not used unless you want to tap reverse camera sensor.
let’s say that I do.. how would I do that?
the vga out is used for 360 view? So the yellow is for backup camera?
Old 12-19-20, 09:29 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

let’s say that I do.. how would I do that?
the vga out is used for 360 view? So the yellow is for backup camera?
It probably doesn’t work for now you need to check with Lexion, most of those wires are for power supply but some might be video in I only used reverse sensor signal for beatsonic front camera switch.
Old 12-23-20, 10:53 PM
JKING3
Driver

Originally Posted by rcJten
For those that have the Lexion unit, will you please download the app "Device HW Info" and report back on the actual specs of this unit? I am curious whether it actually has the SOC they claim, and whether it's actually 8.1. I have a unit similar to the 4x4 screen for my RC, and am considering upgrading to the Lexion. If the Lexion can provide the following, I will order it asap: better sound output (my unit has lots of noise), functions with the RC touchpad as a mouse pointer on the Android side (not Android Auto), and hopefully system Bluetooth that allows me to connect to an OBD module for logging, etc.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l#post10958944
I have screenshots on that post
Old 12-28-20, 03:18 PM
vadimfrey
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Can someone tell me what is the resolution on Lexion head unit? I saw in original Eric's post it was 1920x1080, and now Eric has told me it is 1280x640.
Is 1280x640 sharp enough? Have they changed screen resolution spec recently?
Old 12-28-20, 03:33 PM
JKING3
Driver

Originally Posted by vadimfrey
Can someone tell me what is the resolution on Lexion head unit? I saw in original Eric's post it was 1920x1080, and now Eric has told me it is 1280x640.
Is 1280x640 sharp enough? Have they changed screen resolution spec recently?
480x1280

Old 12-28-20, 03:41 PM
vadimfrey
Driver School Candidate

Okay thanks! How does it look though? Does it look sharp enough?

Are you happy overall after using it for few months?
Old 12-28-20, 03:57 PM
JKING3
Driver

Originally Posted by vadimfrey
Okay thanks! How does it look though? Does it look sharp enough?

Are you happy overall after using it for few months?
looks fine, have nothing to compare it to but everything works great, installing an ergo touchpad soon. Tried a Bluetooth USB adapter but of course it doesn’t work on Android. Carplay work fine, Android not much experience with it. Still playing around with it. No Bluetooth so some apps don’t work. WiFi works great but can’t be used with carplay at the same time.
Old 12-28-20, 04:57 PM
vadimfrey
Driver School Candidate

looks fine, have nothing to compare it to but everything works great, installing an ergo touchpad soon. Tried a Bluetooth USB adapter but of course it doesn’t work on Android. Carplay work fine, Android not much experience with it. Still playing around with it. No Bluetooth so some apps don’t work. WiFi works great but can’t be used with carplay at the same time.
Wonder why this unit was advertised originally as 1920x1080

That's interesting, I didn't realize there is no Bluetooth (weird - this would have been so simple to add BT to the board). Also surprising BT USB adapter doesn't work. Which apps don't work due to no BT?

It makes since CarPlay cannot be used wit WiFi since you either use phone's own connection or hotspot headunit to your phone.

Since I am Android user, it sounds like I can play music (like YouTube Music or SoundCloud) either directly from android unit (tether to WiFi first), via Android Auto or go back to OEM system and play via factory Bluetooth (that option sucks though due to need to use factory UI)

Is there anybody who used this unit with Android Auto and has experience to share? My understanding that CarPlay works great but unfortunately I don't intend on using it.
Old 12-29-20, 06:55 AM
vadimfrey
Driver School Candidate

Can someone post video for Android Auto interface on Lexion unit? Or maybe some pictures?
The following users liked this post:
Rhydg1 (12-30-20)

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models