CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-21, 06:18 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
I had one for awhile, sold it and got a Dunlop Bass Wah, which is in the closet with my pedal board.
I'm in an Allman Brothers tribute band, Idlewild West and a Cream tribute band, Fresh Cream. No pedals
used in those bands besides my beloved Peterson Strobostomp tuner pedal. What music are you playing?
Fresh Cream have an outdoor private party on a stage on May 2!
Haven’t played much due to covid but a few of us used to jam to classic rock. One of the coworkers is in Tom Petty tribute band.
Old 04-09-21, 09:58 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Haven’t played much due to covid but a few of us used to jam to classic rock. One of the coworkers is in Tom Petty tribute band.
I know a guy in a Petty tribute band, here in the Bay Area. The Refugees.
Old 04-10-21, 09:24 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I know a guy in a Petty tribute band, here in the Bay Area. The Refugees.
Yes you know Jody? Small world...
Old 04-10-21, 01:33 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Yes you know Jody? Small world...
I only know Peter Soe, the keyboard player, through my friend John Tinloy, who plays in The Back Pages. I live in Richmond. Where are you?
Old 04-10-21, 02:02 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I only know Peter Soe, the keyboard player, through my friend John Tinloy, who plays in The Back Pages. I live in Richmond. Where are you?
I’m in Fremont. I only know Jody through work, he played a few times at company event.
Old 04-10-21, 02:40 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

I’m in Fremont. I only know Jody through work, he played a few times at company event.
I was in an all original band in the 80s called Windstorm. Our songwriter/guitarist/vocalist and drummer and female vocalist/keyboard player lived in Fremont.
We opened for Leon Russell, Poco, Jesse Colin Young, Elvin Bishop, Donovan.
The following users liked this post:
dojoman (04-10-21)
Old 04-13-21, 12:46 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

I have not heard from Eric since April 3. I have tried Facebook and texting him. He was responsive and now is incommunicado.
I am not happy at this point. I will have to cancel my installation appointment. I know people have had problems in the past
with getting in touch with him. I know it's a great unit, but this is very unprofessional.
Old 04-13-21, 04:36 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I have not heard from Eric since April 3. I have tried Facebook and texting him. He was responsive and now is incommunicado.
I am not happy at this point. I will have to cancel my installation appointment. I know people have had problems in the past
with getting in touch with him. I know it's a great unit, but this is very unprofessional.
Did he say what was the lead time originally? I know there’s chip shortage for all electronics manufacturers you probably have to wait longer but he’s just not communicating with you. Where is the shop that will do the install?
Old 04-13-21, 05:38 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Did he say what was the lead time originally? I know there’s chip shortage for all electronics manufacturers you probably have to wait longer but he’s just not communicating with you. Where is the shop that will do the install?
On April 3 he said he would give me shipping information the following week, by DHL and I would get a tracking number. I understand delays, but don't like no communication.
The car audio shop is in El Cerrito, walking distance from my house. https://hi-techcaraudio.com/

Last edited by Jazzrock; 04-16-21 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-16-21, 10:24 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Eric finally checked in this morning on FB. He said it is due to ship out a week from today. He gave me his Whatsapp number, but I don't trust using Whatsapp.
Old 04-23-21, 11:59 AM
babaijebu
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Eric finally checked in this morning on FB. He said it is due to ship out a week from today. He gave me his Whatsapp number, but I don't trust using Whatsapp.

Guessing you still didn't receive it? Might be a good product, but i don't have that much patience when paying that much money.
Old 04-23-21, 03:23 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Originally Posted by babaijebu
Guessing you still didn't receive it? Might be a good product, but i don't have that much patience when paying that much money.
It hasn't shipped yet. Eric said it is due to the chip shortage currently. I'm not wild about the wait, but I really want this unit. My main worry is it is being shipped
DHL, and I haven't had good luck with them in my area.It will all work out eventually.

Last edited by Jazzrock; 04-27-21 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-27-21, 04:56 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Happy Days! My Lexion unit/screen shipped today. I have an appointment to install it May 19! It shipped FedEx, not DHL thankfully.
Old 04-27-21, 06:07 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Happy Days! My Lexion unit/screen shipped today. I have an appointment to install it May 19! It shipped FedEx, not DHL thankfully.
Congrats! Is it overnight shipping? If you don’t mind how much did the shop quote for the install?
Old 04-27-21, 08:05 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Congrats! Is it overnight shipping? If you don’t mind how much did the shop quote for the install?
Not overnight shipping. Eric is good about getting these things shipped out, but very bad at communication. I asked him not to ship
DHL as we've had problems here with things going to a really crappy hub and disappearing or staying there for long periods.
I think it's $300 to install, but it could be less. Can't recall exactly. I'll let you know when the deed is done. I had an appointment on April 22 that I had to cancel. They do really good work, so I'm
confident it will be done right. I'm not the person to install something like this. I don't know what type of FedEx shipping was used, so
don't know when it will arrive. Plenty of time before my appointment, in any case.
The following users liked this post:
dojoman (04-28-21)

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models